• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
There must be a balance in the universe.

We got the excellence of FighterZ, so now the world needs Jump Force.
.....why in the FUCK didn't they just be all "hey, let's take DB Fighterz & just have the roster be more Shonen Jump characters?"

I feel like I'm less mad at how Jump Force turned out & more mad at what it could've been.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly no matter what the roster was it was gonna be shit lol

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So Black Clover might end with 102 episodes. (That's all that's been confirmed so far. Could go farther, but then they'd be pushing up against the manga.)

SAO will end with 25 (24?) episodes, and then it's second half will start up eventually. (Will probably return next year I wanna guess.)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So Black Clover might end with 102 episodes. (That's all that's been confirmed so far. Could go farther, but then they'd be pushing up against the manga.)

SAO will end with 25 (24?) episodes, and then it's second half will start up eventually. (Will probably return next year I wanna guess.)
Oh, so Alicization is not a straight 50 episodes huh

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
what's more likely, an individual being a gross jerk, or multiple dozens of people over the course of years working together to smear an innocent person?

I've brought up this same point at another place I was debating the Vic situation. Some people really just want to reflexively believe Vic/"the guyt" in this situation. It's pretty sad :/

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Any tweets funimation makes for the next while are gonna have dumpster fire replies. I wonder how many of them are bots considering I'm seeing a lot of the same phrases spammed.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I've made fun of "fans" attempt to influence industry via online petitions, but tweeting at people is honestly only slightly less pathetic than that. (It's more pathetic if you're threatening about it tho.)

And at the very bottom are youtube comments.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Plus this incident is not public knowledge and he's in another country

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So now people are saying Jump Force contains racism because Deku automatically assumes Piccolo is a villain.

........................which he was originally.

................................"nobody watched dragon ball" continues to be a relevant meme, it seems.

Oct 25, 2017
So now people are saying Jump Force contains racism because Deku automatically assumes Piccolo is a villain.

................................"nobody watched dragon ball" continues to be a relevant meme, it seems.

I saw that article.
... Are people really this stupid?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Just for a day, I would kinda like to know what it's like to be Bobby Kotick or other comparable CEOs, and figure out their secret to not punching themselves in the face every waking moment.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
It was only a matter of time before the Activision infection spread too deeply in Blizzard to combat I suppose

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

I saw a Youtube video pop up with a title akin to "NPCs accuse Jump Stars of racism!" with a picture of Deku (Unfortunately, I was linked to a video about the Vic situation and my feed has been polluted ever since). I didn't watch the video (given the title there was a 100% chance of it being bullshit) but at least I know what its "all about". Sounds like another scenario akin to the Doom sequel - one person, mostly joking, says X is offensive and anti-SJW manbabies get their underwear in a twist and start screaming about censorship and snowflakes and other stupid bullshit.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Me before the Crash collection was released-"There's no real demand for Crash Bandicoot anymore."

Reality-

So I was slightly off.

Regarding the "Deku is racist" nonsense, that's not so much people being stupid, so much as it is people need clicks. A lot of websites over the past couple years have mastered the art of "Hey, there's three people talking/joking about this on twitter, take that and pretend it's an actual issue/debate." ( ComicBook NOW! is the absolute worst at this.) Some website probably expect 10-20 articles a day for each person, and there's just not that much entertainment news some days.

It's stupid, but that's the internet.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
People are oddly defensive about Sony Crossplay. I mean it's clear as day that they were the ones holding it back.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just noticed that they kept Kira's "Shiba" battle cry for the dub. It actually sounded great coming out of D.C. Douglas.

Oct 26, 2017

Is there a way to to delete someone else's twitter account? Lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a Youtube video pop up with a title akin to "NPCs accuse Jump Stars of racism!" with a picture of Deku (Unfortunately, I was linked to a video about the Vic situation and my feed has been polluted ever since). I didn't watch the video (given the title there was a 100% chance of it being bullshit) but at least I know what its "all about". Sounds like another scenario akin to the Doom sequel - one person, mostly joking, says X is offensive and anti-SJW manbabies get their underwear in a twist and start screaming about censorship and snowflakes and other stupid bullshit.
A lot of outrage articles seems to be like that there was one about Seinfeld and Millennials (even though millennials grew up on Seinfeld it's more Gen Z) and it was mostly tweets basically saying "uhm I don't think Seinfeld aged well"
From the little I read up on the subject, I think people were joking, but whoever made the article on the subject didn't get the memo....

Could be wrong tho
Yeah it's probably it

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
boy

i thought dmc5 was finally gonna be the dmc that wasn't the ninja theory one that'd get me into the series

NOPE

just made me want to play bayonetta

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
These past few days have further cemented my opinion that twitter was a mistake. It shouldn't exist.

It's not worth it.

It's just not worth it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the controls, the combat felt unsatisfying, I didn't understand the rating system, and I WANT A DAMN DODGE BUTTON THAT WORKS 100% OF THE TIME

I remember trying each of the DMC games via HD Collection but none of them clicked for me. I just highly prefer the fluid controls of Bayonetta....though I also played that first before the DMC games.

Also it operates on old school of logic of "you died at the boss? GO START THE ENTIRE LEVEL ALL OVER AGAIN", which I'm not a fan of. At least offer up a lower score/rank if I try to continue right at the boss.

oh also you can't pause cutscenes, only skip them. I hate that in 2019, I still have to gamble over "okay, will pressing Start pause the cutscene or skip it?"

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
This is why switch is the best. Sleep mode is a god tier function

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I get holding Bayonetta over DMC or vice versa. Both series are known for having responsive well designed control schemes. I don't think one really out does the other even with their slightly different focuses. Hell they're far more alike than they are different considering the pedigree of the people behind both games.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
DmC was the only one that I found fun out of the entire DMC franchise.

I guess I keep wanting Dante or whoever to play like he did in MvC3 but get a much....I guess STIFFER experience. I'll hear of people who make these insane combo videos relating to DMC but I can never replicate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.