• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
download-1.png

I'm gonna lose my shit if the next Smash character is a total wildcard.

Personally hoping for Doomguy tho.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
FF7R delayed to April 10th. Oh well, gives me more time to play Persona 5 Roy....

*remembers P5R is March 31st, 10 days before April 10th*

CRAP. There goes my plans of having P5R beaten in time for the next game I was gonna get....I guess more time to get through Yakuza 3 & 4?

Also uuggghhhh 9 a.m. I go to bed at like 6 a.m. gotta figure out how to watch it live.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
FF7R delayed to April 10th. Oh well, gives me more time to play Persona 5 Roy....

*remembers P5R is March 31st, 10 days before April 10th*

CRAP. There goes my plans of having P5R beaten in time for the next game I was gonna get....I guess more time to get through Yakuza 3 & 4?

Also uuggghhhh 9 a.m. I go to bed at like 6 a.m. gotta figure out how to watch it live.
see this is easy.... just skip P5R and buy it 3-6 months after release for $20-$30... you know... the price it should have been as an expansion that altered various things in the game :P

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
But I can't get the Limited Edition weeks after it gets released, it'll just go up in price like the other Persona LEs!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
But I can't get the Limited Edition weeks after it gets released, it'll just go up in price like the other Persona LEs!
to be fair it's a pretty pathetic looking collectors for $90.
the mask will likely be super cheap and throw away.
the sound track will likely only have a handful of songs
and the art book likely won't top 50 pages.

which really just leaves you the steelbook case, as you are going to want to import the proper soundtrack and multiple art books anyway :P

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*sees Playstation 2019 Wrap-up*

Geez, I played 64 games for a total of 1,132 hours over the course of 215 days which earned me 1,299 trophies. With the top 3 games being Crash Team Racing (124 hours), Judgment (85 hours), & KH3 (56 hours).

Should see how that compares to 2018.

Edit: Geez, kinda a downgrade from last year. All 3 games (Yakuza 5, DJMax Respect, & Ni no Kuni 2) were all higher than my Judgment playtime, 71 games played, played 1,284 hours, 289 days, & 1,728 trophies earned. I guess I can see that as me getting out more (this was the year I was exercising more & trying to not just stay indoors all day), but part of me also feels....bummed?

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Fire Force, this bit was hilarious

34b09ca83c91c5b246f868a04274bcd3c143d19d.png

EDIT: This show is carried so hard by its directing

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
download.png

Gonna go ahead and say this Good Pig right here is above and beyond the best thing about Demon Slayer, and nothing else even comes close.

Oct 25, 2017
*sees Playstation 2019 Wrap-up*

Geez, I played 64 games for a total of 1,132 hours over the course of 215 days which earned me 1,299 trophies. With the top 3 games being Crash Team Racing (124 hours), Judgment (85 hours), & KH3 (56 hours).

Should see how that compares to 2018.

Edit: Geez, kinda a downgrade from last year. All 3 games (Yakuza 5, DJMax Respect, & Ni no Kuni 2) were all higher than my Judgment playtime, 71 games played, played 1,284 hours, 289 days, & 1,728 trophies earned. I guess I can see that as me getting out more (this was the year I was exercising more & trying to not just stay indoors all day), but part of me also feels....bummed?
Your committment is commendable and inspiring. How do I even get a gram of urgency to finish that many games that fast.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Politics on the left is so petty it really is no wonder they lose to the sycophants in the Republican party.

That is my one politically charged statement for the year. Please dont ban me.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Kirito comes back in only a handful of days.

Maybe the Black Swordsman will make a surprise appearance at 9am Eastern on Thursday...

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
just got back from a date where I genuinely had a fun ass time and connected with the person.
Maybe I should have been dating women older than me instead of younger this whole time

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For Posterity, and so we can recall it later, can we have a text list of the awards, please?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Politics on the left is so petty it really is no wonder they lose to the sycophants in the Republican party.

That is my one politically charged statement for the year. Please dont ban me.
A somewhat common adage is the Republicans want to win, Democrats want to be right. B-dub's quote there is basically this too.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Worst Character & maybe I should finish listening to the category, but did anyone nominate the two rapist dudes from SAO? Like...two sexual assaulters seems worse than Tamaki, a sexual harassment victim.

Edit: Nevermind, it gets brought up.

just got back from a date where I genuinely had a fun ass time and connected with the person.
Maybe I should have been dating women older than me instead of younger this whole time
Congrats, hope things continue to go well for you. May 2020 be the year some of us finally find that other person while dating.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Worst Character & maybe I should finish listening to the category, but did anyone nominate the two rapist dudes from SAO? Like...two sexual assaulters seems worse than Tamaki, a sexual harassment victim.

Congrats, hope things continue to go well for you. May 2020 be the year some of us finally find that other person while dating.
Maybe, but those two aren't characters theyre plot devices

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
& I guess you could say they're covered in Worst Moment so they technically got their due.

Not to say I don't get why Tamaki made top 3, perfectly justified. Just was wondering where those 2 were considering our worst character and/or moment winner tends to be something involving sexual assault/harassment.

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The revelations

Edit: Nevermind, it gets brought up.

Thanks bro, same to you

Oct 25, 2017
woot finally finsihed Pokemon Sword, first time finishing a pokemon game since HeartGold.

90hours with Mimikyu, Pangora, Arcanine, Eevee, Braviary, and Cincinno.

onto Puzzle & Dragons Gold.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Rain World recently.

It was a game that I enjoyed greatly, but I wouldn't recommend without a lot of caution. You play as a Slugcat, a tiny nimble creature that isn't very high on the food chain. You scramble and squirm your way through a destroyed world trying to reconnect with your lost family, but mostly just trying not to get eaten. The thing that captured my attention about Rain World is the ecosystem you have to both struggle against and work with to survive. The creatures of this world aren't solely concerned with you, they are competing with each other as well. It's not uncommon to enter an area to see two creatures locked in a death battle completely oblivious to your entrance. If a creature grabs you, it's probably game over, but there's a small chance a bigger fish will come along and prey upon your captor. It also allows you play the field once you've learn enough. If a creature is in front of you, you could try fighting it, or you might feed it something giving you enough time to squeak by. The spontaneity of this system combined with just how vulnerable you are gives the game a consistently tense feeling that means when you triumph, it feels triumphant.

The thing is, Rain World isn't exactly a fair game a lot of the time. It's a game where you will enter rooms at the wrong time and quickly be snatched by the jaws of death. A few areas in particular seem almost vindictively vague in what they're asking of the player, and when you combine this with a gate system that punishes the player for death, I'm not surprised Rain World's difficulty was a frequent complaint in reviews. The story gives me the impression that innate punishing unfairness is purposeful, but I wouldn't blame anyone for being alienated by it. The world itself is also massive, and what little guidance the game gives you may have you running in the complete opposite direction of where you're actually supposed to go for story progress.

Also, don't buy the Switch version, it has a real inconsistent framerate, and that's real bad in a game this demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.