• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
so yes, carole and tuesday is a good show

did not expect it to put so much emphasis on current political issues, but I think the show is definitely better for it

Oct 25, 2017

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MHA had a unique hook (compared to other shounen), though, which is something completely absent from Demon Slayer. It established a distinctive voice right away, even if it took a minute to really get the plot rolling. So far Demon Slayer's got absolutely nothing unique going for it, no differentiator of any kind. It's perfectly competent, but there's not much else to say about it.
The start of MHA just was able to tap in the essences of heroism out of the gate while Demon Slayer hasn't been able to do so in regards of tragedy.

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I was really looking forward to this season after the season 1 finale turned out pretty good, but man, the whole thing was just flat and the series finale wasn't any better than the rest of the series. Hopefully TCW season 7 is good

I was also hopeful after the season 1 finale, both Clone Wars and Rebels started slow but ended great so I thought Resistance might go the same way.

Sadly, besides a handful of good episodes, season 2 still wasted time spinning its wheels going nowhere and the finale was "fine" at best.

I've seen other people comment that the show would have been better called Star Wars: Colossus as it was really about the people on the Colossus and not really about the Resistance, and I can see some truth in that.

Anyway, onto The Clone Wars!

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am excited for giant hand boss, invincible Thor, and nuclear chicken to finally make their Toonami appearances.

Give it Inuyasha Final Act pacing and it will be one of the all-time great watching experiences here.

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am excited for giant hand boss, invincible Thor, and nuclear chicken to finally make their Toonami appearances.

Give it Inuyasha Final Act pacing and it will be one of the all-time great watching experiences here.
Fucking what?
mjl.gif

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize until the English credits aired for the first time last week that the OP singer was the JP seiyu for Asuna. Out of curiosity I looked to see if there was a music video, and it's her as the real life Asuna, getting chased and wielding a rapier.

"No pain, no gain for dream~"

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Haha from the bits and pieces I've read of later Bleach and reviews of chapters makes me thankful I dropped off the Bleach train after the Soul Society arc ended.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Haha from the bits and pieces I've read of later Bleach and reviews of chapters makes me thankful I dropped off the Bleach train after the Soul Society arc ended.
The final villain's power is pretty much 'I win because yes I do, and if you win it was just because I didn't feel like winning'

Oct 25, 2017
moving an entire science lab half a block away up and down 3 floors, that takes up half a floor of a building was an exhausting experience today, '

favorite part of it, at least, my new pc location gives me privacy to watch anime there again, no more being behind during the week, hype

Oct 26, 2017
I'll laugh myself to death if it's anything but an anime continuation.

Even if the anime does come back, that's literally the end of Bleach. The franchise isn't popular enough anymore to warrant any sort of spinoff or sequel.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
so yes, carole and tuesday is a good show

did not expect it to put so much emphasis on current political issues, but I think the show is definitely better for it

Its decent though not my favorite piece of work by Watanabe by any means. Do love the social issues and diversity and even a decent amount of the music but I felt there were a ton of episodes that I really feel could have been replaced with something a bit more original or meaningful. The episode where they're dealing with the drunken robot felt like some weird knock off Futurama vibe that never went anywhere.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Re the podcast: I would embrace RWBY being on toonami

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Watched most of the stuff last night
Dr Stone: It is both impressive that Chrome was able to come up with a Water wheel on his own, and that comedy sketches is something the town was familiar with already
SAO: This episode was fine, even if it mostly was a lore dump to why Kirito is in a vegitative state. I particularly liked the line "based on their size, we don't think they are Asian". Also, Alice got to stand on her own and be a badass!
Jojo: the season of "people dying horrificly" continues, as we decided this week to burn an entire city block down to burn to death one dude. Also, poor Naracia, who has already done a year of prison and had to deal with getting shit for being attacked

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
chopped into pieces and sent in panes of glass is pretty brutal shit

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to be a Gang Star Primo Mafioso then you're gonna have to break some eggs. And by eggs I mean skulls.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Welp Byleth is out for Smash

*10 minutes later*

Welp Byleth's single player run done & all spirits obtained

Status
Not open for further replies.