• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
videotogif_2020.02.10hejzl.gif

videotogif_2020.02.104tj30.gif
love their outro

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
still more gokus than women in the game

this is like nintendo deciding 4 of the 6 characters in the 2nd fighter pass being cat mario, metal mario, boomerang mario, & raccoon suit mario

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not having Cabba back her up means that she's also the only other female character in DBFZ aside from 21 not to have a guy helping her fight.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So I straight up forgot Netflix is making a Resident Evil tv show.

Really curious if the Netflix series can possibly be worse than the film series.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Just about finished with Carole and Tuesday and while I absolutely adore certain aspects like the diversity, the politics and of course the music it really flounders in the story department. Feels like they tried to do both a longer form narrative but also cram in a bunch of the random episodic elements from Watanabe's other works like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo which really hurts a lot of the stuff that should pack a real emotional punch. Characters that seem like they should be extremely important are introduced in one episode and often dropped after the next leaving little real impact on the story and characters and what's worse this robs a lot of time from the main thrust of the story and characters. Like did we need to spend an entire episode with a Bender rip off or have two pointless stalker storylines? Damn I really wished this was more solid an effort but its got a lot of problems.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't comment after Jim Jam but I watched the entire block last night, even Promised Wonderland and AoT.

My real contribution is this: Don't miss next week's Black Clover. I have gifs.

Oct 26, 2017
Just about finished with Carole and Tuesday and while I absolutely adore certain aspects like the diversity, the politics and of course the music it really flounders in the story department. Feels like they tried to do both a longer form narrative but also cram in a bunch of the random episodic elements from Watanabe's other works like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo which really hurts a lot of the stuff that should pack a real emotional punch. Characters that seem like they should be extremely important are introduced in one episode and often dropped after the next leaving little real impact on the story and characters and what's worse this robs a lot of time from the main thrust of the story and characters. Like did we need to spend an entire episode with a Bender rip off or have two pointless stalker storylines? Damn I really wished this was more solid an effort but its got a lot of problems.
Has Watanabe ever done a non-episodic anime?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I probably should've seen Parasite when we did an employee screening last week.

Meanwhile, I'm in that mood of "oh man just a few more days until a new game but I wanna play something yet I don't know what to play that I can finish before said new game arrives..." I played a few games of Tetris 99 to remind myself why I'd rather stick with Puyo Puyo Tetris or Tetris Effect. I remembered I got Mega Man Legacy Collection four years ago & played through all the games. New Super Lucky's Tale demo played & yup, this sure is a charming platformer.

Tuesday needs to hurry up so Yakuza 3 & 4 can take up the rest of the month and most of March.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
On Next Week's Award Winning, All New Episode of Black Clover, In a world where magic is everything, Asta, a boy born without the use of magic freed his friend Luck from his elf possession, but will Asta, Luck, Manga, and Vanessa be enough to take on their next foe and save the rest of the Clover Kingdom?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Uh.

Go into work.

About to clock in, there's a sickly woman in a hospital gown crouching behind the employee counter with her phone.

Asks me to "give her a ride up the road", figure "oh, just to the hospital right next to the theater"

Manager tells me to hold on, turns out she most likely escaped & called hospital security to pick her up.

Well.....what a way to start the week.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Uh.

Go into work.

About to clock in, there's a sickly woman in a hospital gown crouching behind the employee counter with her phone.

Asks me to "give her a ride up the road", figure "oh, just to the hospital right next to the theater"

Manager tells me to hold on, turns out she most likely escaped & called hospital security to pick her up.

That's weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh.

Go into work.

does that happen often you seem so calm about it and quick to just let a stranger into your vehicle.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how that looked in Japanese.
A similar thing happened with Master Roshi, where it wrote his name twice. This was likely because in Japanese it read
Muten Roshi
Kame-Sennin
But since the English version doesn't use those names, they just wrote his name twice.
If they want it to be accurate they should translate his name as
Master master
(Master master)

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Shouldn't Gold Experience have protected the brick snake from being poked? Does it not affect itself?

This stand is going to be super inconsistent isn't it. I'm pretty sure the money butterflies from the first episode already broke a rule.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't Gold Experience have protected the brick snake from being poked? Does it not affect itself?

This stand is going to be super inconsistent isn't it. I'm pretty sure the money butterflies from the first episode already broke a rule.
The money butterflies are stupid but i don't think it broke a rule

Oh and just ignore the reflect ability just forget about it

No confirmation but i bet because how broken the ability actually is in a fight Araki quietly dropped it

Oct 25, 2017

Gold Experience both makes sense and makes no fucking sense. He gave life to the money and made them into butterflies, which is consistent with what it does. None of his creations tend to protect themselves though.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That whole fight is fucking hilarious and then it ends with a Zoom Punch. Every fight could've ended by covering someone with Giorno's frogs and just having the enemy hit them.
I do like the detail that Bruno borrowed that zip attack from Giorno after that fight

Not even frogs, plants work so make a leaves tshirt and just run at his opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.