• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just about done with My Hero One's Justice, just need to do one more mission map, the score attack, & do 50 online matches (anyone have it on PS4 aside from BBoy20?)

For the $20 I spent.....it's fine for a licensed title, but ho boy, I am not spending $60 for the sequel. Some characters feel really limited with their moves like Tsuyu or Toga and the movesets are a bit simple to the point most of the time, I just use one combo over & over because it's the most effective & keeps the enemy stunlocked the longest. Plus the presentation is a bit lacking & I don't care for story modes just retelling the anime/manga, especially when it's just screencaps from the show or reusing the anime artwork.

I look at some of the new characters being added in the sequel & just question how they're even gonna feel fun to play as, like Nighteye. They would work better as a support character that you call in, especially since they have the sidekick system which is basically calling in assists.

I fear I'm gonna say the same thing when I get that OPM game on sale just for the hell of it. Namco really needs to stop with the arena fighters for the time being...

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
The show really is incredible. The characters are great and it's impossible not to love the music. I'm five episodes in and can't stop smiling everytime the title card comes up and that tune plays. I'm also really into how they put Kipo's name in the world in every episode. Gives me Atlanta vibes.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who had a giant fucking smile on their face the moment they saw Wolf without the pelt on her head?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm just going to go back to not caring about Smash anyways, but I was hoping for an exciting reveal at least lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
You close Season 1 that has been nothing but 3rd party characters, then are all "holy shit this character has been so secretive not even most Nintendo employees", making it sound like you have someone insane to mark the 80th character being in the game for it to be.....FE character # EIGHT.

If this was part of the additional DLC announced, I wouldn't feel as bummed. This just feels like the odd man out when compared to the rest of the season. I haven't even been paying attention, it's just not as fun to watch compared to the previous fighters since it was neat to see how they represented an entire franchise within a character & stage plus music.

Man, now I'm super glad this isn't the final DLC character, imagine if this was the last character to be introduced to Smash. Not Banjo Kazooie, not Terry.

Also why is there a character in FE 3 Houses that sounds like Analguard?!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
LOL ASSASSIN'S CREED IS A MII COSTUME

AND RABBIDS

WHEN THE MII FIGHTER COSTUMES ARE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE DLC FIGHTER

FUCKING CUPHEAD?!

"Here, as apology for being FE, we'll give you SIX DLC characters for the next season pass, happy?"

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm cool with Byleth. It's not Doomguy, but it's okay.

Also, dying at people who overanalyzed that dorky sign Sakurai gave when this presentation was announced.

Finally, Sora will never be in Smash.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I don't even know why I clicked on the Byleth reveal thread. Just salt as far as the eye can see. It looks like the beginning of Nier in there.

Speaking of Nier, put 2B in Smash you cowards.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Brawl Taunts guy almost got into Smash Bros. Truly Kirbopher is the biggest fucking loser in this situation. Nice job, shithead.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but that will be a pass from me.
It being black clover doesn't influence me at all, but the actual gameplay doesn't look all that interesting. I currently only have two mobile games installed because my interest in such things is quite limited (I have another eden installed which is a game from the creator of chrono trigger and afk arena installed as it in general just asks 5-10 minutes of my time a day to get everything)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That realization that between the previous Smash & Ultimate, this is the THIRD time a FE character has been made DLC.

Man, my desire to try out 3 Houses just....dropped. Isn't helped I feel like crap because my sleep schedule got screwed up so I could wake up in time for this & didn't take a sleeping pill.

*sigh* least TMS #FE is tomorrow & will make for a fun replay.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but that will be a pass from me.
It being black clover doesn't influence me at all, but the actual gameplay doesn't look all that interesting. I currently only have two mobile games installed because my interest in such things is quite limited (I have another eden installed which is a game from the creator of chrono trigger and afk arena installed as it in general just asks 5-10 minutes of my time a day to get everything)
only 2? how? BC will bring me to 8 (GranBlue Fantasy is missing)
EOb0T05WsAAwPmo

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
only 2? how? BC will bring me to 8 (GranBlue Fantasy is missing)
EOb0T05WsAAwPmo
I was playing some other ones, but if they don't hold my interest I just uninstall them.

I try other games from time to time but most mobile games ask too much time for what rewards they give.

even ignoring games like those, I really only have a handful of apps in general I open on my phone.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks bro, same to you
Bit late as I was waiting to see what'd happen on my end, but thanks. I seem to finally be connecting with someone via the Facebook dating section as we've been conversing for a week now & feel like I have a chance asking her out to grab some coffee or a meal & chat more. It's just trying to figure out when due to my night shift & where since we live about an hour apart.

Either way, between what seems to be actual success in the dating scene & seemingly being respected more at work (the shift manager/sorta my boss said he'd teach me some things that only he does & winning my 3rd "celebrity vote"/"which employee deserves praise & a company dinner with other winners" within the span of the 4 years I've been around), 2020 is giving me hope the start of the decade is gonna be that next step in my life that I've been waiting for, especially since I've got less than 2 years before I turn 30.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
they were trolling the whole time in that smash reveal stream

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Because he dared to add a much requested character to the game instead of Dante or Geno or some other jabroni.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I would legit be more okay if they made Byleth the first character for the 2nd season pass. Like, imagine if instead of Bayonetta being the last DLC character revealed for Smash Wii U, it was Corrin. That would feel a bit lame after the hype that was Bayonetta, especially since she won the fan vote thing. But if it was the first for the 2nd season pass, people may keep their expectations lower with "okay, they got a bunch of 3rd party stuff in, now it's gonna be 1st party titles", which I expect will happen. Watch as one of the characters is a Sword/Shield Pokemon.

At the very least, they're trying to make Byleth not just another FE character & more unique like with Corrin who isn't that bad in all honesty. & with that, I think I've said everything I wanted about this topic....maybe.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Corrin Robin and Byleth are all very different characters from Marth, Red Haired Marth, "Marth" and Buff Marth.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Ike was totally one of my mains in Brawl....probably because Roy didn't make the cut. He kind of still is in Ultimate just because he hits like a truck.

Meanwhile, woah, keep forgetting we've only got 3 more Fire Force episodes. Wonder how much longer until we learn of its replacement.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bit late as I was waiting to see what'd happen on my end, but thanks. I seem to finally be connecting with someone via the Facebook dating section as we've been conversing for a week now & feel like I have a chance asking her out to grab some coffee or a meal & chat more. It's just trying to figure out when due to my night shift & where since we live about an hour apart.

Either way, between what seems to be actual success in the dating scene & seemingly being respected more at work (the shift manager/sorta my boss said he'd teach me some things that only he does & winning my 3rd "celebrity vote"/"which employee deserves praise & a company dinner with other winners" within the span of the 4 years I've been around), 2020 is giving me hope the start of the decade is gonna be that next step in my life that I've been waiting for, especially since I've got less than 2 years before I turn 30.
Same with me, we met on okcupid and talked alot before setting up a date which turned out a huge success, bonus is shes even cuter irl than her pictures
Ike was totally one of my mains in Brawl....probably because Roy didn't make the cut. He kind of still is in Ultimate just because he hits like a truck.

Meanwhile, woah, keep forgetting we've only got 3 more Fire Force episodes. Wonder how much longer until we learn of its replacement.
Ike was my secondary in brawl, he judt feels so good to run through somebody

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Same with me, we met on okcupid and talked alot before setting up a date which turned out a huge success, bonus is shes even cuter irl than her pictures
Hell yeah, it's a great feeling to finally find someone that wants to partake in conversations compared to just short one or two line responses & it just starts feeling like you're giving an interview when you're just trying to get to know them. Hope things continue to go well for you.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
WqCdPF7.jpg

Episode 181 "The Lord of the Rings of Bad"
In this episode Grexeno, ckohler, B-Dubs, and Seda discuss cannibals in MHA, glorious nippon steel, re-ranking OPM, Shinra's trip, laser beams of yum yum, Mr. Pee Pee and Poo Poo, ranking Black Clover, Trish, and re-ranking Shippuden.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:00:53 News (SAO promo, Food Wars Season 2)
0:11:05 My Hero Academia
0:18:32 Dr. Stone
0:25:39 One Punch Man Season 2
0:35:12 One Punch Man re-ranking
0:49:39 Fire Force
1:03:57 Food Wars!
1:10:14 Demon Slayer
1:15:39 Black Clover
1:21:03 Black Clover Ranking
1:38:00 Jojo: Golden Wind
1:44:33 Naruto: Shippuden
1:47:45 Naruto: Shippuden re-ranking
2:04:48 Best Episodes of the night and anticipating SAO
2:09:23 Sign Offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Also, Grexexo said the wrong episode number...twice.

Oct 25, 2017
I can believe that. Hell, Troy Baker makes more doing voice work for video games than he did in anime.
Anime VA is mostly non union. I've seen enough Retro Replay eps to have an idea of what Troy has complained about and his time at Funimation isn't one of them. I think he liked the work, but the money just isn't what it should be. I would definitely like to believe he liked his time at Funimation a lot more than he did as a DJ at a strip club or comic con reporter or actor on an F tier Hollywood movie. Dude's best friends with Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey, they all just most likely listened to Troy whom listened to Nolan North who learned where the actual money is.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the Black Clover ranking & I'm trying to remember if I've ever dropped any other show on the block due to just being tired of how bad it was...& I sat through all of GXP.

....I guess Unicorn is the only other show where I did that....I think? I can't even remember when I dropped it, just that it started airing during a time that I couldn't catch it due to working Saturday nights & I knew I wouldn't be able to sit through it by myself.

Also I would gladly take Akame ga Kill over Black Clover. Akame ga Kill was so bonkers with how bad it was, I got some laughs out of it. I never want to revisit Black Clover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.