• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Anime VA is mostly non union. I've seen enough Retro Replay eps to have an idea of what Troy has complained about and his time at Funimation isn't one of them. I think he liked the work, but the money just isn't what it should be. I would definitely like to believe he liked his time at Funimation a lot more than he did as a DJ at a strip club or comic con reporter or actor on an F tier Hollywood movie. Dude's best friends with Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey, they all just most likely listened to Troy whom listened to Nolan North who learned where the actual money is.

Oh yeah, I don't think he regrets doing anime as it got his foot in the door.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I don't think he regrets doing anime as it got his foot in the door.
Got his foot in the door, allowed him to meet some really cool people, yeah I don't think it's a regret for him. Him and Nolan have some of the funniest stories and seem like the best people. I'm going to be mad as fuck if some shady shit about them ever surfaces.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Think SAO is gonna end with Kirito and Asuna deciding to live in a virtual world or something?

Goodbye reality!

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Last year someone from this thread mentioned a website that does an Oscars stream, I'm pretty sure. I am literally sitting here desperately trying to remember who that was.

EDIT: It was Imperial Bishop and Double Toasted

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The podcast ranking doesn't always follow the 'proper' definitions for series. For example, all of SAO is ranked as one show even if they are officially separated (SAO, SAO II, Alicization) or whatever.

We could rank Food Wars series individually. Or we could rank it all as one show. In the latter case we could rank it now and re-rank in 13 weeks, or just wait to rank it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna be on to rank Food Wars. And Jojo Part 5 as the official "guy who always has a custom Jojo avatar to fit the situation" person.

I kinda figured since we knew we were getting season 2 & most likely season 3, it would be ranked after s3 finished. And honestly, considering what'll happen later on, it was gonna change its ranking due to s3 if we ranked it after s2.

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
We back tomorrow
ScaredIdealFlies-size_restricted.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching that "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken" show.

Did Yuasa basically want to make his own version of Otaku no Video but with the vibe of FLCL? Though I'm still confused over who or who Eizouken is.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Saw my local gamestop was going out of business. Went in too late, place had already been picked clean.

I didn't like shopping there, and I hope the workers there land on their feet, but that place going under does mean one unfortunate thing for me. If I have to go physically pick up a game, I have to drive twice as far now.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just binge watched The Forge...yeah, these so-called "events" are so uninteresting. Please keep this Tom 6 look for 5 years at least

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Saw my local gamestop was going out of business. Went in too late, place had already been picked clean.

I didn't like shopping there, and I hope the workers there land on their feet, but that place going under does mean one unfortunate thing for me. If I have to go physically pick up a game, I have to drive twice as far now.
I'm kinda surprised mine is still in business, though it's a smaller location & it always seems like there's only like 3-4 people working there.

Despite not going there as often now, it was such a big deal for me during my highschool & early college days because that was basically the main way I was able to afford games, so it'll still be saddening to see them close down.

Meanwhile, um...wow, I think I'm finally going to go on a date after like....6 years? Is 2020 going to be the year I actually get to have a dating life & somehow be successful before turning 30?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if SAO can repeat this year and sweep both worst show and worst moments

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
There's still two GameStops at the mall in my town. There used to be another one across the street from the mall but that closed recently. But before that closed, there were three in practically the exact same area for nearly two decades.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

you could just do what I do.... order online and have it show up at your door on release day.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I've been tired as fuck all the time the last few days, I dunno if I'll be able to stay up for Toonami. I sure don't want to miss SAO tho.

Oct 25, 2017

Seems the post-episode gag bits from Kimetsu no Yaiba have been dubbed. They're available on AnimeLab (streaming service in Australia)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the new season of Joe Pera Talks To You and the third episode has Joe not only talking about Dragon Ball Z but he also goes Super Saiyan haha. Quite possibly the best show in years.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Been debating if I should get into model building. It's been one of those things where I've had some interest, but my fear has been I'd screw something up, therefore feeling like I wasted my money on something that can't be fixed. Been hearing they have cheaper stuff that's more beginner friendly & to ease people into the more expensive/complicated models. Seeing that in March, they're releasing $30 2:5 scale models of the PS1 & Saturn that has the motherboard & everything in terms of parts to put together. Maybe I'll use some of my tax refund on it.

Don't suppose anyone here has experience in building models of any kind? Think I'd mainly be interested in the robots but as long as it's based on something I'm interested in, that's fine.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm watching the new season of Joe Pera Talks To You and the third episode has Joe not only talking about Dragon Ball Z but he also goes Super Saiyan haha. Quite possibly the best show in years.
I keep forgetting that show is on, I'll have to start recording it so I can watch the episodes after. I've been watching Dark and Kipo: The Age of Wonderbeasts and both shows are fantastic.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering what will replace Dr Stone and Fire Force. Maybe Toonami will completely blindside us and air the new Love Hina?

Status
Not open for further replies.