• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
13 minutes into the Konosuba movie & yiiiiikkkeeessssss

There's a goddamn THREE MINUTE scene of Kazuma running away from female orcs & the fact he almost gets raped (he gets mounted & almost all his clothes removed) and it's treated as a "HUR HUR HUR THAT'S NOT WHAT WE WANTED COMPARED TO EARLIER". It felt like it lasted twice as long and it's only slightly less bad than SAO considering they use it for sexual thrills & character development for everyone except the assault victims.

Man, the rest of the series was never THIS bad. & I was having a good amount of laughs. Really hope this is the only rough patch in this movie...

"Kazuma was psychologically scarred"

That's not funny, holy hell.
That whole movie is Rape Joke: The Movie.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That whole movie is Rape Joke: The Movie.
.....yeeaaaaaahhhhhh, it's hard to argue against that. Again, nowhere near the shit that SAO gets away with, but it still absolutely sucks when it's being played for laughs & it would be understandable why this movie would turn people off from checking out the series.

It's not helped I just finished the scene where the villain has Kazuma trapped between her boobs, & then is all "well I'm a chimera so i can modify my body, therefore i also have man parts"

Cut to "KAZUMA WAS PSYCHOLOGICALLY SCARRED"

Come the fuck on. It's like that one friend in a group where everyone's laughing but then they just have to make a super crappy & offensive joke that brings the entire mood down while everyone questions "dude, what's wrong with you?"

Sure, part of the point is our main characters are a bunch of jackasses, i.e. Always Sunny, but never to this extent.

Edit: finished & damn it, I still enjoyed it and laughed a ton, but it easily has the lowest lows of the series, which makes it more frustrating when I think about the moments I did enjoy. I feel like I can't recommend it without a giant ass disclaimer/content warning.

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of the the dumbest parts of the Metal Gear series.

I don't know if it's the dumbest, but the Beauty and the Beast unit is up there.

Beautyandthebeastunit0.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, what happened to that short list of nominees the podcast started last year for things they knew would be brought up for the awards? Was that ever posted to give people ideas of what happened during the year?

Oct 25, 2017
First episode of Dr. Stone Stone Wars (Season 2) is out. The first half is an anime original story where they make freeze-dried ramen. Just a warning for when Toonami gets it (which might be a while since Funimation is still slowly rolling out dub episodes)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
First episode of Dr. Stone Stone Wars (Season 2) is out. The first half is an anime original story where they make freeze-dried ramen. Just a warning for when Toonami gets it (which might be a while since Funimation is still slowly rolling out dub episodes)
I can't wait until we can start getting vaccinated

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, what happened to that short list of nominees the podcast started last year for things they knew would be brought up for the awards? Was that ever posted to give people ideas of what happened during the year?
It just fell apart after the COVID block started.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
*comes to make a Gen 4 remakes are definitely happening joke, sees people are actually saying something with Gen 4 is happening*

Finally, my son, it is time we battle together once more.

250px-389Torterra.png

No, you still can't fight an ice type.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Worst Moment
- Zenitsu gets angry about small girls taking care of Tanjiro (Demon Slayer)
- Movie characters show up with no explanation for no reason (SAO: Alicization)
- "Yota was my first friend" (Naruto Shippuden)

Best Moment
- Giorno defeats White Album (JoJo Golden Wind)
- The gang gets on the boat (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Fire Force nude calendar (Fire Force)

Best Power, Ability, or Weapon
- King Crimson (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Six Bullets/Sex Pistols (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Insect Brass Knuckles (Primal)

Best Name
- Vinegar Doppio (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Prosciutto (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Yacht Cock (Gemusetto: Death Beats)

Best Character Design
- Risotto Nero (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Vinegar Doppio (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Secre Swallowtail (Black Clover)

Best Fight
- Giorno & Mista vs. White Album (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Deku vs. Overhaul (My Hero Academia)
- Bruno vs. King Crimson (JoJo Golden Wind)

Best Villain
- Lil' Slugger (Paranoia Agent)
- Rui (Demon Slayer)
- Dr. Giovanni (Fire Force)

Worst Character
- Sanemi Shinazugawa (Demon Slayer)
- Patri (Black Clover)
- Vassago (SAO: Alicization)

Best Character (Male)
- Spear (Primal)
- Nagisa (Assassination Classroom)
- Inosuke (Demon Slayer)

Best Character (Female)
- Gaz Digsby (Ballmasterz 9009)
- Eri (My Hero Academia)
- Kyouka Jiro (My Hero Academia)

Biggest Disappointment
- Mob Psycho 100 II legal issues
- Nobody thought to not have Shinra call Charon a "gorilla"
- The popularity of Zenitsu

Best Surprise
- Gemusetto: Death Beats is watchable

Best Performance by a Voice Actor
- Ian Sinclair as Victor Licht (Fire Force)
- Griffin Burns as Doppio (JoJo Golden Wind)
- Kyle McCarley as Narancia (JoJo Golden Wind)

Best Performance by a Voice Actress
- Jazz Grey as Dr. Legs (Gemusetto: Death Beats)
- Trina Nishimura as Jiro (My Hero Academia)
- Carrie Savage as Maromi (Paranoia Agent)

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Worst Moment
- Asuna and Alice cat fight over Kirito from Sword Art Online
- Sumo wrestlers attack the Leaf village from Naruto Shippuden

Best Moment
- Lilian's Song from Dr. Stone
- Eri's smile from My Hero Academia

Best Power, Ability, or Weapon
- Eri's Rewind in My Hero Academia
- Lover Mode in My Hero Academia

Best Name (can be a character, ability, place or thing)
- Lemillion from My Hero Academia
- The Choo Choo Chums from Ballmasterz 9009
- Raffles III from Fire Force

Best Character Design (for an individual character)
- Senku Ishigami from Dr. Stone
- Mirio Togata from My Hero Academia

Best Fight
- Obi and Vulcan vs. Giovanni and Lisa from Fire Force
- Maki vs. White-Clad from Fire Force
- Tanjiro And Nezuko vs. Rui from Demon Slayer

Best Villain
- Gentle Criminal from My Hero Academia
- Dr. Giovanni from Fire Force
- Muzan Kibutsuji from Demon Slayer

Worst Character
- Zagred aka that devil from Black Clover
- Yota from Naruto Shippuden
- Zenitsu Agutsuma from Demon Slayer

Best Character (Male)
- Arthur Boyle from Fire Force
- Byakuya Ishigami from Dr. Stone
- Mirio Togata from My Hero Academia

Best Character (Female)
- Maki Oze from Fire Force
- La Brava from My Hero Academia
- Shinobu Kocho from Demon Slayer

Biggest Disappointment
- Shows getting delayed due to COVID
- The handling of Nezuko's character

Best Surprise
- Power Ark in Naruto Shippuden
- Ballmastrz 9009

Best Performance by a Voice Actor
- Sonny Strait as Koro-Sensie in Assassination Classroom
- Ricco Fajardo as Mirio Togata in My Hero Academia
- Dana Snyder as Baby Ball in Ballmasterz 9009

Best Performance by a Voice Actress
- Natasha Lyonne as Gaz Digzy in Ballmasterz 9009
- Colleen Clinkenbeard as Hibana in Fire Force
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Lisa Isabari in Fire Force

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Scrambled up a list, I honestly feel like most of it was "oh damn, that DID happen this year" & had to be reminded by you guys, so I get the feeling most of this is just echoing what's been said.

Worst character: Zenitsu, whatever that main villain in SAO who likes to eat souls

Best moment: Giorno beats the shit outta Cioccolata, Doppio's frog phone

Worst moment: *insert something from SAO here, there's so damn many I don't know what to pick*, Zenitsu being mad at not being able to be with little girls

Best performance: Senku, Diavolo/King Crimson, Sonny Strait (though honestly, I kinda wanna vote for him next year)

Best character: Koro-Sensei, Inosuke, Bruno

Best villain: Gentle Criminal, Lil' Slugger, Doppio

Best power: Senku's smarts (...wait, did we nominate this last year?), King Crimson, Metallica

Biggest disappointment: Golden Wind's ending/final fight makes no sense, block takes huge hit due to corona, Mob Psycho 100 II's weird legal issues (I almost put "Part 5's name changes" but that wasn't gonna win)

Best surprise: oh hey, Paranoia Agent's back on Adult Swim after licensing limbo; black clover is no longer on the block; the block slowly returning to normal at the end of the year with some bigger shows announced/premiering

Edit: I FORGOT BRICK SNAKE FOR BEST CHARACTER, MOMENT, & POWER.

Last edited:

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Is Digit Taliss(from Black Clover) still on the shortlist for best name nom? I think it's funny that they used the Genus name for foxglove as his actual full name.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*sees Black Clover is Crunchyroll's most watched show of 2020*

wut.

*sees thread of people saying the show & characters are great*

WUT.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
It's not surprising that the Black Clover anime is popular. It's a shonen. Those are always popular.

You'll never see a show like...Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken be the most popular anime of the year.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
People thought Naruto Shippuden was great as well
WUT.

To some extent, I get it, I always keep in mind my sister's taste in anime will be different due to our 10 year difference in age whenever we talk about shows & the amount of exposure to a form of media will also affect your opinion. Plus there'll always be the "gateway" anime that's easier for new people to get into. But I just think to our group watch & how it's one of the only shows on the block that I actually dropped because it just wasn't enjoyable (that, & I couldn't watch it with everyone here, which was a huge factor to how long I lasted).

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Naruto Shippuden didn't continue on for years after the manga ended then get a currently ongoing spinoff series purely out of spite.
It's also the only shonen series I can think of that had a spinoff air at the same time as it (Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals).

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the anime versions of BC and Shippuden are such awful adaptations of the source material

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I mean, Naruto Shippuden didn't continue on for years after the manga ended then get a currently ongoing spinoff series purely out of spite.
It's also the only shonen series I can think of that had a spinoff air at the same time as it (Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals).

Depending upon your definition of same time, Attack on Titan had it's spin off show Jr High air in between s1 and s2. They aren't shonen, but Full Metal Panic and the 5 shows that make up Isekai Quartet also have had similar situations.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Depending upon your definition of same time, Attack on Titan had it's spin off show Jr High air in between s1 and s2. They aren't shonen, but Full Metal Panic and the 5 shows that make up Isekai Quartet also have had similar situations.
Fumoffu is less a spin-off show and more an anthology of funny bits from the source material that weren't in the first arc. They decided to make Second Raid completely serious in tone perhaps to avoid a bit of the tone swing you get from the first series.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That Rohan OVA is hitting Netflix on Feb. 18th. Strangely, still no word on a dub.

....well, maybe not that strange given the circumstances. But it does make me wonder if it'll be sub only. Still weird this isn't Viz since they have the rest of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
That Rohan OVA is hitting Netflix on Feb. 18th. Strangely, still no word on a dub.

....well, maybe not that strange given the circumstances. But it does make me wonder if it'll be sub only. Still weird this isn't Viz since they have the rest of the series.

I imagine it will be dubbed since Netflix prefers having both Japanese and English voices on release. As annoying as it is for TV anime...

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the first episode of Season 2 of Dr. Stone. Looks good (basically the same quality as Season 1). Like DanarchyReigns said, the first half of the episode is a filler story for recap purposes.

I also heard that there are only going to be 11 episodes this season. At first I was worried this wouldn't be enough time but there are only 21 chapters in this arc, where as the first season covered 60 chapters over 24 episodes. So, if anything, this season might have a slightly slower pace.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have to stop missing toonami nights because watching SAO on my own is pain

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Worst moment: when mineta was hitting on a girl half his age

who had spent most of her life being abused by yakuza

and is an orphan

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why a substantial amount of people in the MHA fandom replace Mineta with Shinsou in their fanart/fic/other works.

Status
Not open for further replies.