• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Goten and Trunks are technically more powerful...but...uhhhhh...would you trust the fate of the universe to them?
Hey they trust the fate of the universe last and that turned out well

Toriyama doesn't even care enough to give them new designs he only slightly cares about Trunks but mostly future Trunks Goten probably barely exist in Toriyama mind

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Everyone was pretty bummed we're just getting same old unchanged goten and trunks designs for the movie

I REALLY hope we start seeing them grow when Super comes back on the air

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
There's clearly no intention by the Dragon Ball writers to actually have to decide how Goten and Trunks look and behave in between Z and End of Z.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's also only noticeable if you really pay attention. The changes are very subtle.

Goku meanwhile looked exactly the same until the very end of DB when he's suddenly DBZ Goku. Now that Goku is still slim and trim until his spaceship training when he becomes Swoleku for the rest of time.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember back in the day I had to remind myself that Future Trunks, 17 & 18 were supposed to be teenagers because the artstyle makes them look a little older than that.

Not quite as 'old' as some of the teenage Jojos look though.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
...ever wish you could unsee something that's very disturbing and is the result of something you feel powerless to change? :(

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
So yeah that latest JoJo episode made me really ecstatic the first time I saw it and it still does to this day

Almost like HxH ep 82 which really showed off the potential of the directing for the CA arc

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I watched a lot of DiU on twitch this week and I can comfortably say it's the best JoJo season by far

The name changes in the dub are definitely gonna bug the shit out of me though. Part 4 is when that starts getting really bad.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The name changes in the dub are definitely gonna bug the shit out of me though. Part 4 is when that starts getting really bad.
Especially when a few names were actually fine in EU (like in All-Star Battle) but for some reason, gotta be more careful in the US despite the fact the reference is from a British rock band.

To me, the ones that're the most confusing are the ones where it doesn't feel like it's a music reference yet they still change it because it turns out it is. Like, okay, "Kiss" makes sense since that's an one-word band name most people would be aware of, but "Weather Report" turns out to be a band reference. I had no idea & just figured it was...ya know, just referencing weather reports on TV & such. There's one that I remember being baffled by involving a Part 4 stand that we'll get to in a few weeks & then realized "Oh, it somehow IS a music reference".

But yeah, Part 4 is when Araki just started saying "screw it, I'm going to name EVERYTHING after music stuff" & when the name changes happen much more often.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the ending to Metal Gear Solid last night.

Man between Naomi telling Snake to choose life, and Snake taking about building a life with Meryl, nothing about that ending holds water at all. Hell even Liquid continued on in a sense despite dying.

I'm willing to bet Snake didn't even last a week with Meryl.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Levi DELIVERED last night. That animation was so good I couldn't even take it all in since I don't have HDTV anymore. But holy shit.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah Black Clover had the foreshadowing about Siscon dude guys

I bet you guys will be happy to know Gauche is going to be really important

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Oh yeah Black Clover had the foreshadowing about Siscon dude guys

I bet you guys will be happy to know Gauche is going to be really important

giphy.gif

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pczzy1qHeD1rv6ukfo1_500.gif

Something about him having an elf inside him and that's why his nose bleeds when he thinks of his sister, right?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*watches Hello Kitty episode of Toys That Made Us*

Oh my god, take a shot every time they say "kawaii". Just say "cute", you already explained the meaning of the word, gaaaahhhhhh.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the ending to Metal Gear Solid last night.

Man between Naomi telling Snake to choose life, and Snake taking about building a life with Meryl, nothing about that ending holds water at all. Hell even Liquid continued on in a sense despite dying.

I'm willing to bet Snake didn't even last a week with Meryl.
Liquid is practically the Dio of metal gear. Also yeah those two probably didn't last long. Solid never seemed like he'd be able to transition into the relationship type.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me, what's the current subtitle referencing? I guess I wasn't paying attention because I can't remember when it got changed, nor hearing the line during one of the shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.