• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
question:
did they play the entire history of what happened this season in the anime?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

download-1.png

question:
did they play the entire history of what happened this season in the anime?

Sorta. The anime covers everything up to chapter 90.

Though it's worth pointing out, we still don't know the complete actual history.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the next bit of titan is pretty much where i lost interest unfortunately

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking on it, I feel making another season of The Promised Neverland is a mistake if they're going to only kinda follow the manga.

Where S1 ends is a good stopping point. One that ends the series on an optimistic note for our heroes.

S2....won't have that.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully the only 'changes' they make are to fill in some gaps that the author of the manga didn't have time to get to

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind when anime makes small changes to a work so long as they're sensible and make sense within the story and aren't just to waste time because you don't have enough material.

Whether or not TPN's changes are sensible or not, or for that matter whether they're small changes or huge ones that change the plot in big ways remains to be seen.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
The flawed parts of Promised Neverland were the parts where they changed stuff.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I read the manga version, but the only major change i remember was the doll they gave Krone, which is a weird weird choice, but aside from scenes where the doll was in focus they didn't change much about her it seems like

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Thinking on it, I feel making another season of The Promised Neverland is a mistake if they're going to only kinda follow the manga.

Where S1 ends is a good stopping point. One that ends the series on an optimistic note for our heroes.

S2....won't have that.

There is a very big change to s2 that would be filler and make the second arc work a ton better

Have Emma spend more time at Goldy Pond getting to meet all the characters and establish bonds with them before the battle with the demons. This would pay dividends first by giving the various non emma/ray/no name fights better stakes since we'll care about those characters, then when kids die horribly to Andrew when the raid happens it'll feel much more impactful then faceless kids dying.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
The flawed parts of Promised Neverland were the parts where they changed stuff.
Yeah, that's true and definitely makes me more anxious for the second season than I would otherwise be. Some of the choices for S1 were pretty head scratching (looking at you, Sister Krone).

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

NOOO!

Though, I guess I'm not terribly surprised.

There is a very big change to s2 that would be filler and make the second arc work a ton better

Have Emma spend more time at Goldy Pond getting to meet all the characters and establish bonds with them before the battle with the demons. This would pay dividends first by giving the various non emma/ray/no name fights better stakes since we'll care about those characters, then when kids die horribly to Andrew when the raid happens it'll feel much more impactful then faceless kids dying.

That...could work. Hopefully it lands strong, since it was clearly well liked here.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I have a hard time imagining any of ONE's properties making good video games.
That One Punch game for instance looks really boring, but I'm not really into fighting battle arena games anyhow.
Maybe Makai no Ossan would make a good flash RPG in the same way Shut Up and Jam does.

Last edited:

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Depending on if it'll be a single cour and what they mean by expanding original content I don't think there will be enough time to fully portray Goldy Pond. I can see 2-3 eps of them escaping all the monsters in the forest, 2-3 eps meeting with Sonju and Mujika, 2-3 eps meeting Yugo in the bunker, and 2-3 eps going to Goldy Pond, with og stuff filling the gaps.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
season 2 of TPN should be 2 cour if they want to end it at a satisfying spot honestly

Oct 26, 2017
Oh awesome they announced a Mob Psycho 100 game... oh...
TBH I have a hard time imagining any of ONE's properties making good video games.
That One Punch game for instance looks really boring, but I'm not really into fighting battle arena games anyhow.
Maybe Makai no Ossan would make a good flash RPG in the same way Shut Up and Jam does.

What's the point of a MP100 game if there's no Reigen simulator?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
A Reigen simulator would basically be a 'lie your ass off' simulator

I've decided to just skip Gundam since IBO & Unicorn did so little for me & having to watch it by myself will be even harder for me to deal with.

You will be missing out, Origins is nothing like the last two (besides being much better then Unicorn( which the only better then origin is that it handles battles better)).

This series more about the politics of the Universal Century, establishing the UC timeline and the major characters (especially Char) of that era of the timeline and containing Gundams anti-war message. Like the Mechs don't play much of a roll untill the last arc of the series.

That and the dub is great, Keith Silverstein is the best Char.

Also the ost is great, especially remixing old gundam tunes:

(Encounters in Space from the third Mobile Suit Gundam OVA recap)

(Mizu No Hoshi E Ai Wo Komete from Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta second opening a fav of JadedWriter)

(Beyond the Time from Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack)
Which this is honestly my fav opening this season, potentially the year.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Oh hey, new thread. Schedule is looking rough for a the time being but hopefully it will get better over time.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders for Toonami was announced at Anime Expo 2017

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable for Toonami was announced at Anime Expo 2018

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders for Toonami was announced at Anime Expo 2017

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable for Toonami was announced at Anime Expo 2018
When is Anime Expo 2019?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Part 5 isn't even finished yet. That would be an absurdly quick turn-around for Viz.
You are right.

Just out of curiosity, it looks like The Promised Neverland English dub started airing two weeks after the JP run finished. Is that the fastest turnaround for Viz yet?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I already miss those kids...we lost 2 of the best shows on the block its a shame

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
This weekend. SAO needs a replacement. 🤔

Here are some AnimeExpo industry panels of note this weekend:

July 4:
12:30 pm - VIZ Media Official Panel
04:00 pm - Funimation Announcements Panel
06:00 pm - Aniplex of America Industry Panel

July 5:
10:00 am - Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel
11:30 am - GKIDS Industry Panel
01:30 pm - The Promised Neverland at Anime Expo
02:30 pm - A-1 Pictures Panel
03:30 pm - Warner Bros. Japan Anime Lineup features JOJO's Bizarre Adventure
06:30 pm - Production I.G. Industry Panel
07:30 pm - Studio TRIGGER panel: PROMARE and New Title Announcement

July 6:
02:30 pm - Crunchyroll Industry Panel

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Got back from Watching Whisper of the Heart. Yep, still my favorite movie. The level of background detail is insane; most live action movies don't look as real, as lived in. I saw this movie one summer long ago on Turner Classic Movies and it completely hypnotised me to the point where I sat up all night and watched the sub version as well which came on at 3/4am, and I cried even harder the second time I saw it. This is the first time I've seen it in theaters and since it was the dub of a less popular Ghibli movie on a Monday it wasn't a large crowd, maybe twenty people max, but they all clapped along with me when it ended.

This movie is so good that I only watch it every five years or so since that first double dip so I can savor every moment of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Here are some AnimeExpo industry panels of note this weekend:

July 4:
12:30 pm - VIZ Media Official Panel
04:00 pm - Funimation Announcements Panel
06:00 pm - Aniplex of America Industry Panel

July 5:
10:00 am - Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel
11:30 am - GKIDS Industry Panel
01:30 pm - The Promised Neverland at Anime Expo
02:30 pm - A-1 Pictures Panel
03:30 pm - Warner Bros. Japan Anime Lineup features JOJO's Bizarre Adventure
06:30 pm - Production I.G. Industry Panel
07:30 pm - Studio TRIGGER panel: PROMARE and New Title Announcement

July 6:
02:30 pm - Crunchyroll Industry Panel

Don't forget the One Piece panel on July 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.