• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'll repeat this until I'm blue in the face; shortish overruns don't matter and TOONAMI has a built in buffer for years now with Naruto Shippuden. Shippuden cuts out the intro, halves the ending, skips the decently long preview of the next episode and the omake. It's why Shippuden became the music video slot.

Whenever they run something that goes long the schedule is usually fixed by it, also for the slightly longer 31 minute episode they have no problem just running over, the programming at 4am Sunday morning really doesn't matter and both AS and CN have an abundance of short time fillers.
No wonder Shippuden continues to be on the block for what seems like eternity lmao
It's pretty much schedule white noise at this point.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
just marathoned all of this in the last 6 hours :P
JIO0pOy.png

I have a couple minor complaints about the adaption, but it doesn't take away from it being a great ride. More like a 9.5 for me but meh I will give it the 10 lol.

I'm curious why they cut

them figuring out there are people outside of the farms, including an idea of where to go thanks to finding some books.

but I imagine it won't be that hard to fix it with a flash back in season 2 (if there is one), even if the writing is weakened slightly by doing that.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heard a show called gen:lock is coming to toonami, I'm teying to remember if it is that other 2D show crunchyroll keeps pushing in ads but I'm not sure

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Heard a show called gen:lock is coming to toonami, I'm teying to remember if it is that other 2D show crunchyroll keeps pushing in ads but I'm not sure
well gen:lock is a 3d CGI series, so most likely not :P

It's got Micheal B Jordan, maisie williams, Kôichi Yamadera, and David Tennant in it though :P

I watched half of it (should finish it sometime) the CGI is decent, and the story was fine.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
What if I told you guys that the next episode of SAO was even dumber?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
What if I told you guys that the next episode of SAO was even dumber?
there's no reason to be surprised at this point

the only surprising thing was that SAO almost put together an arc that didn't have any dumb shit in it one time, but then they went and gave a character Super AIDS right before the finish line

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
there's no reason to be surprised at this point

the only surprising thing was that SAO almost put together an arc that didn't have any dumb shit in it one time, but then they went and gave a character Super AIDS right before the finish line
I still can't believe I literally called that shit

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
This is my expectation of the general reaction to SAO next week:
tenor.gif

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really look that much better than what I've seen of Knights of Sidonia tbh. Just look at that ugly flat ground texture or the bad smoke CG. GOOD anime CG is something like Land of the Lustrous, and this doesn't look anywhere near that good.
I don't think it's really fair to compare any TV CGI to Land of the Lustrous save top of the barrel stuff like Tron: Uprising.

That show doesn't just have good CG, it has some of the best CG animation I've ever seen in a TV show.

That's not a comment on any Rooster Teeth stuff as I have no clue how it looks outside of the art I've seen posted about.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
well gen:lock is a 3d CGI series, so most likely not :P

It's got Micheal B Jordan, maisie williams, Kôichi Yamadera, and David Tennant in it though :P

I watched half of it (should finish it sometime) the CGI is decent, and the story was fine.
Lol that was a typo, I meant 3D, but does gen:lock have any mecha or a focus in media?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that was a typo, I meant 3D, but does gen:lock have any mecha or a focus in media?
genlock has mecha.

as someone else posted, it also has a decent opening song

I think people around here will enjoy it well enough as long as they can get past the CGI.

and really it's far easier to get past this CGI than early RWBY :P

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the first episode of Dr. Stone.

If that is Toonami bound, I'm cool with it. Obviously it's just one episode, but it sets up a damn cool premise.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Man Toonami is in some flux. Should make for some good podcast conversation. I've heard good things about Gen-Lock but I haven't seen it so its all be new to me.

Oh, I forgot to link this earlier but I was reminded about this video during last week's podcast about "non-battle shonen" so I'll tag B-Dubs Seda and Grexeno Morlas CKOHLER

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Man Toonami is in some flux. Should make for some good podcast conversation. I've heard good things about Gen-Lock but I haven't seen it so its all be new to me.

Oh, I forgot to link this earlier but I was reminded about this video during last week's podcast about "non-battle shonen" so I'll tag B-Dubs Seda and Grexeno Morlas CKOHLER

yeah i was thinking about that when we were talking about it on the podcast

also watching TPN a second time when i wasn't distracted by reacting and the material was fresh in my mind really gave me a greater appreciation for the anime. I actually really enjoyed the way the camera was used most of the time and I think the anime really executed well on the suspenseful moments.

the first arc of the promised neverland could honestly be just an excellent standalone story in itself, it's got interesting and likable and also hateable characters, an intriguing and suspenseful setup, the plot is very well thought out, and it even has a satisfying 'conclusion' both in terms of the kid's escape and as a resolution for Isabella, Ray, and Emma's characters.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this just made it a lot easier to decide whether to humor the rest of the series or just drop it.
so with food wars the first episode is garbage
the second episode is meh
and then it picks up and is fairly enjoyable for a while.

but this isn't a hard recommendation, just wanted to mention that the first episode is complete and utter garbage and if it wasn't for me really wanting to read something like Yakitate Japan like I wouldn't have pushed on though with the manga, but ultimately I was glad I did.... for a while >.>

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the first episode isn't really a good representation of the actual quality. The series itself is a pretty decent sport shonen anime, up until the central stuff happens. It has fun characters and rivalries.

The dub might just kill it completely though

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I started reading Food Wars from the beginning yesterday because I remember liking it despite not remembering why (I think I stopped before it got bad, so take that as you will.) I'm enjoying it on this read through. The characters are cool and the premise is kind of neat.

I will say this, while the manga has those foodgasma moments, it does seems like the anime turned this aspect up to 11. It also helps that I can't hear the characters fucking moaning when I read it. This seems like the type of show where I'm going to have to keep a finger on the volume button every time I watch it

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like we should be seeing the results of that Toonami/Crunchyroll partnership pretty soon.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this, while the manga has those foodgasma moments, it does seems like the anime turned this aspect up to 11. It also helps that I can't hear the characters fucking moaning when I read it. This seems like the type of show where I'm going to have to keep a finger on the volume button every time I watch it
It's mainly just the first episode (maybe the second too?) that ramps up the foodgasm moments.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

Generally speaking, it's a fun time, but it's also a game where I feel comfortable saying you might wanna wait for it get patched again before picking it up. Most of my complaints with the game aren't really issues, so much as they're niggles/oddities. (Why doesn't the map automatically go to your position when you open it? Why do you have to press a button to do that?) At the same time, I had enough issues that give me the impression the game could have used a bit more time in the oven, mainly of the technical sort. (One time the game's opening menu just never loaded, and the sound freaked the hell out in the final cutscene before the credits rolled. One late game boss in particular has an attack that breaks the game's framerate so bad it's amazing.)

Odd Thoughts
-Generally didn't struggle that much in terms of difficulty, but I did find myself getting annoyed with the final boss. Ultimately deciding to go buy 20 pizzas to turn the final climax into a battle of attrition. If only real life was so simple.
-Not much to really comment on story wise, but I did find myself oddly attached to Miriam.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

Generally speaking, it's a fun time, but it's also a game where I feel comfortable saying you might wanna wait for it get patched again before picking it up. Most of my complaints with the game aren't really issues, so much as they're niggles/oddities. (Why doesn't the map automatically go to your position when you open it? Why do you have to press a button to do that?) At the same time, I had enough issues that give me the impression the game could have used a bit more time in the oven, mainly of the technical sort. (One time the game's opening menu just never loaded, and the sound freaked the hell out in the final cutscene before the credits rolled. One late game boss in particular has an attack that breaks the game's framerate so bad it's amazing.)

Odd Thoughts
-Generally didn't struggle that much in terms of difficulty, but I did find myself getting annoyed with the final boss. Ultimately deciding to go buy 20 pizzas to turn the final climax into a battle of attrition. If only real life was so simple.
-Not much to really comment on story wise, but I did find myself oddly attached to Miriam.

How long of a game is it roughly? I've never played a Castlevania but was considering this based on various impressions.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
How long of a game is it roughly? I've never played a Castlevania but was considering this based on various impressions.

I beat it in just over 12 hours. Granted, I had a few moments where I ran around trying to find out where to go next. (Just remembered, the game has one necessary powerup that seems....aggressively hidden.) Plus I focused on a few side quests as well. I imagine if I just focused on the story, I would have beaten it in 10 1/2 hours.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Bloodstained is a game that is rough around the edges and obviously went through a troubled development, and is still very good against all odds.
My first playthrough took me around 20 hours, but I was really taking my time with it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodstained seemes like the type of game that I'll nab at like $20ish since it'll give them time to patch a few things in. I actually only played like 10 minutes of the beginning of SotN, should get that on PS4 one of these days as well.

Put Shimoneta on the block
"today's dish are these special cookies made by Anna. She said the secret ingredient was love"

& then toonamiera went even more nuts, aka "boy, you though food wars was about foodgasms"

|OT| now with a sketchy ecchi provided by the hentai senpais at Sentai

|OT| Sentai finally noticed us again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.