• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Toonami has been pretty good with after credits scenes recently, but this was a big one to mess up again lol.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
People who miss that after credits scene will probably still be able to follow the story next week going forward, but it's gonna dampen the impact of some scenes.

This is the biggest fuck up by a country mile.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People who miss that after credits scene will probably still be able to follow the story next week going forward, but it's gonna dampen the impact of some scenes.

This is the biggest fuck up by a country mile.

It really helps to let that post credit scene digest a little before going into the next episode.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
If you're ever feeling down or like you don't know enough...

...just remember you were never stupid enough to bring up Robocop just to say it's not political.

It really helps to let that post credit scene digest a little before going into the next episode.

Yeah, having that scene at the end of that episode allows you time to think on Grisha and his sister's circumstances.

Oh well, hopefully this is the last fuck up for a while.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
sometimes I forget antman exists and then i'm reminded he's still around and still an idiot

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*looks through Summer 2019 anime list*

Man, there is just....nothing that is popping out at me aside from Dr. Stone which I've already been keeping up with the manga. I feel like I say this with each season, but I've reached a point where I feel like I need to wait a few weeks & hear reception to see if a series might be for me. The only two that seem like I might check out is Magical Sempai because it's a 12 minute per episode comedy & that one Dumbbell one because hey, not often you see an anime focus on exercising/working out at the gym. Maybe also "Are You Lost?" because it's also a 12-minute episode comedy series.

Also, quick question. If I subscribe to VRV to get Funimation & Crunchyroll, do I get the entire catalog of their offerings, or just a select bunch? I'm slowly using Crunchyroll again on top of Netflix, but the ads are getting rather annoying and I wouldn't mind getting Funimation's stuff as well.

Oct 25, 2017

Man, there is just....nothing that is popping out at me aside from Dr. Stone which I've already been keeping up with the manga. I feel like I say this with each season, but I've reached a point where I feel like I need to wait a few weeks & hear reception to see if a series might be for me. The only two that seem like I might check out is Magical Sempai because it's a 12 minute per episode comedy & that one Dumbbell one because hey, not often you see an anime focus on exercising/working out at the gym. Maybe also "Are You Lost?" because it's also a 12-minute episode comedy series.

Also, quick question. If I subscribe to VRV to get Funimation & Crunchyroll, do I get the entire catalog of their offerings, or just a select bunch? I'm slowly using Crunchyroll again on top of Netflix, but the ads are getting rather annoying and I wouldn't mind getting Funimation's stuff as well.
Funimation isn't apart VRV anymore. It ended when the Funimation x Crunchyroll partnership ended.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Vinland Saga is the anime to watch right now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you normally don't get that many women ranking high on Shounen Jump character polls unless it's a harem series.

...wait a minute.

Lol, I still remember this one video I watched where someone said that shounens are better at harems than actual harem series

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Funimation isn't apart VRV anymore. It ended when the Funimation x Crunchyroll partnership ended.
Crap, really? Ah well, guess I'll either just get Crunchyroll or get both Funimation & Crunchyroll considering they're each $8/mo. I've been watching more Netflix & Crunchyroll as a way to get myself to not be so glued to my phone or laptop on top of all the reading I've been doing lately. Though freakin' hell, just remembered HIDIVE is a thing & I don't want to subscribe to a 4th streaming service, not counting the Amazon Video Prime I keep forgetting I have.

Speaking of, I finally got around to watching the last few episodes of Laidback Camp & I don't think I've ever felt a huge amount of "this is clearly not a series for me" in a while. It felt like I just saw "K-On: Camping Edition", which did very little for me & baffles me as to how it was making top 10 anime of whatever year it came out.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I still remember this one video I watched where someone said that shounens are better at harems than actual harem series
In black clover's case its just a bunch of girls swooning over asta while he harps on a nun he has no chance with

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
what if food wars is actually our first educational series & it's demarco's way of telling the viewers if they learn how to cook, it can be a valuable & attractive life skill that will lead to good things & thus expanding your horizons

brb typing up my "Food Wars is the sexiest smartest anime on toonami in years" thinkpiece

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
In black clover's case its just a bunch of girls swooning over asta while he harps on a nun he has no chance with

I will give Black Clover this, I'm not actually sure who between Noel and Mimosa will win the Asta-bowl. For awhile I would have said Noel
But Mimosa and Asta have gotten a lot of time together in the current arc on toonami and the next major arc

I also find it amusing that Yuno, the guy you'd think would have a flood of women fawning over him, only really has his dumb fairy companion and Charmy as reoccurring thirsting for him.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Crap, really? Ah well, guess I'll either just get Crunchyroll or get both Funimation & Crunchyroll considering they're each $8/mo. I've been watching more Netflix & Crunchyroll as a way to get myself to not be so glued to my phone or laptop on top of all the reading I've been doing lately. Though freakin' hell, just remembered HIDIVE is a thing & I don't want to subscribe to a 4th streaming service, not counting the Amazon Video Prime I keep forgetting I have.

Speaking of, I finally got around to watching the last few episodes of Laidback Camp & I don't think I've ever felt a huge amount of "this is clearly not a series for me" in a while. It felt like I just saw "K-On: Camping Edition", which did very little for me & baffles me as to how it was making top 10 anime of whatever year it came out.
They ended up replacing Funimation stuff with highdive/ Sentai stuff

So if you got vrv you could reach food wars and genlock :p

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
They ended up replacing Funimation stuff with highdive/ Sentai stuff

So if you got vrv you could reach food wars and genlock :p
Oh, okay. Hmm, guess I could get VRV & then Funimation. I'll most likely share my accounts with my friend just to make the subscription more worth it. I always had the mentality that paying for streaming services would only feel worthwhile if there was a 2nd person or more also using it since I wouldn't use it enough to warrant the price, but now that I'm slowly getting back into watching more anime again, I might as well, especially since I spent my night off rewatching the entirety of Devil is a Part-Timer, something I wasn't expecting considering I had games I wanted to play.

Thanks to all of you for clearing things up about VRV. At the rate I'm slowly using my PS4 for watching videos, I might only open my laptop up once a week to be able to post when Toonami is airing.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*starts watching that "How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift?" anime*

> character thinks they're fat
> character is drawn to be only slightly more curvy than your average anime girl

.........I think the anime missed the mark of someone being "overweight" in comparison to something like "Elf-San Can't Go on a Diet" aka "Plus-Sized Elf". Oh well, if it still can teach people different methods of exercise & ways to make themselves lose weight, then that's the more important thing.

therefore i nominate it for toonami so the viewers can learn a thing or two about exercising.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
*starts watching that "How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift?" anime*

> character thinks they're fat
> character is drawn to be only slightly more curvy than your average anime girl

.........I think the anime missed the mark of someone being "overweight" in comparison to something like "Elf-San Can't Go on a Diet" aka "Plus-Sized Elf". Oh well, if it still can teach people different methods of exercise & ways to make themselves lose weight, then that's the more important thing.

therefore i nominate it for toonami so the viewers can learn a thing or two about exercising.
Are you sure about that? Are you sure you don't just want another ecchi show?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
wow, so you'd rather people remain unhealthy & over weight instead of being in shape like this guy

1562237496_Dumbbell-Nan-Kilo-Moteru-Episode-1-Omake-07.gif

i thought you were cool, bro

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to post this yesterday:

BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY YESTERDAY: Revchi

Not a silicon valley drink startup, the first villain of the entire series. a member of the Gang Purple Orcas, who are pretty much all corrupt assholes. He wanted to steal Yuno's grimoire, which I'm not entirely sure even works in the fiction of the story but Pasta and Yuno demolish him.

BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Gordon Agrippa

A fan favorite member of the Black Bulls with the always funny cliche of always whispering and being mostly ignored. Considers himself to be Pasta's best friend. Some would argue that he's the head of the Asta harem mutual love association, but I'd say it goes:

Specs
Mimosa
Gordon
Noelle
Science slime lady from the midnight sun
Yuno
Rill
That girl from the inn

Anyways Gordon is a master of curses, but not "demon" curses because he couldn't do shit when Pasta's arms were sealed away. He's had like one fight in the anime so far but my boy is always ready to throw down.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
But but some unspecified number of probably unpopular pokemon that I won't have day one access to!

Status
Not open for further replies.