• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how many shows we have ending within the next 6 weeks with no replacement confirmed outside of gen:lock.
It seems like a good time to bring Re:zero to toonami.
It's a crunchy license and there is a second season coming next year.

and if they are doing Food Wars there is absolutely no reason why they can't do Konosuba.

and while we are at it why not talk to funimation and get Tanya the Evil and Overlord to get the whole Isekai Quartet coming to Toonami :P

I can't find a better version :/

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How the fuck is Toonami gonna bring over internet original programming and not bring over Neo Yokio

It seems like a good time to bring Re:zero to toonami.
It's a crunchy license and there is a second season coming next year.

and if they are doing Food Wars there is absolutely no reason why they can't do Konosuba.

and while we are at it why not talk to funimation and get Tanya the Evil and Overlord to get the whole Isekai Quartet coming to Toonami :P

I can't find a better version :/

Isekai Quartet is no lie one of my top anime of the year, on the basis that it combines all of my favorite shows into one

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished JoJo Part 4

I just want to start by saying the dub work was incredibly well done. Loved everyone's acting all throughout, a big applause should to whoever played Killa as well. Easily one of the best performances I've seen from a VA, that hard cock line was amazingly done

I think this part suffers from a few issues. 1st, Killa needed to take a more active role as the villain somehow, as his dad really did most of the work, and his dad was just IM AN EVIL PICTURE.

I think that while part 3 reached new heights as it went further along, part 4 was kind of the same throughout. I think overall, Dio was a far better villain. (Hard to beat Dio though)

I'd still give it an 8.5/10 for me, if I was to rank enjoyment of anime it would be

2nd Half Part 3
Part 2
Part 4
Part 1
1st half Part 3

On to promised Neverland next, I've watched the first 2 episodes in Japanese, but I'll rewatch the first two episodes for the dub

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I gave in & got that MHA game for PS4 since it was only $20. Hate that there's online trophies, don't suppose there's anyone to play online with? Also figured I'd give Soul Calibur 6 a try since the LE was only $50 & my friend also wanted to try the game. Might need some online help with that as well.

Also I don't know why, but after seeing the latest batch of show reveals & scheduling, this feels like...the "weirdest" year Toonami has had, without making it sound like a bad thing. The overall flow seems off as well.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take RWBY at its worst over SAO at its best, so I wouldn't mind if it ever hit the block. Only problem is that the first season is pretty bad AND doesn't have production value to make up for it. Like they literally couldn't afford to animate different background characters so they were just walking shadows.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the RWBY trailers sprinkled into the Gen lock broadcasts just to see how they're received.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
what are the next shows to end?
it's all in the OP

Sword Art Online: Alicization: July 13
Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2): August 10
My Hero Academia (Season 3): August 17
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: September 28
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 23
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: ??
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): August 29, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Still need to catch up with the rest of last night, since I fell asleep during lupin.

Not going to be staying up late with toonami anymore probably. MHA is good but it's not Hunter x Hunter good.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Gen:Lock has to be Sword Art's (late) replacement, right? I can't see the block expanding.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
So can I nominate Elizabeth Maxwell and Dawn Bennett under the same entry for best voice actress since they both play Kefla?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Doesn't attack on titan s3 only have 3 more episodes left? Why does it say in the op it ends on the 10th of August? Seda are there marathons I don't know about?

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
My sweet baby child <3. I know Naruto has problems and you guys are rightfully critical of it but I will always love him.
I mean, one of the gateway issues to me getting into the series was how much he got bullied. I may still joke and call it "Boruto's Dad" but I've come to terms with the series in general. It's ok now

And that "Hiashi Keikaku" sounds pretty epic, ngl

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, yeah, you're right. Attack on Titan will end on July 27. This means Gen:Lock is the Attack on Titan replacement.
Ah sorry, I must have assumed it was 12 episodes like the first half of season 3 when i first counted the date, and forgot to adjust when it was only 10

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, that makes things significantly less weird. Still expecting an SAO replacement to be announced this week.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's all in the OP

Sword Art Online: Alicization: July 13
Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2): August 10
My Hero Academia (Season 3): August 17
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: September 28
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 23
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: ??
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): August 29, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ping pong time

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
CG still looks pretty jank judging by that OP. Sure, it's better than RWBY season 1, but it would still be considered bad anime CG anywhere else.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
CG still looks pretty jank judging by that OP. Sure, it's better than RWBY season 1, but it would still be considered bad anime CG anywhere else.
Anywhere else would include what they did to Berserk. Or Blam

Or Apple Seed.

Or Knights Sidonia
etc

Good anime CGI is the exception, not the norm. RWBYv6 and G:L leap over that bar however short it may be

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really look that much better than what I've seen of Knights of Sidonia tbh. Just look at that ugly flat ground texture or the bad smoke CG. GOOD anime CG is something like Land of the Lustrous, and this doesn't look anywhere near that good.

Oct 25, 2017
Time to bring back Batman the Animated Series to Toonami.

I have no idea if this would ever be feasible with DC.

Skipped Attack on Titan episode 7 post-credits scene

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the dubbed version of the Attack on Titan post credit scene that they cut. I HIGHLY recommend you watch this before next episode.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'll repeat this until I'm blue in the face; shortish overruns don't matter and TOONAMI has a built in buffer for years now with Naruto Shippuden. Shippuden cuts out the intro, halves the ending, skips the decently long preview of the next episode and the omake. It's why Shippuden became the music video slot.

Whenever they run something that goes long the schedule is usually fixed by it, also for the slightly longer 31 minute episode they have no problem just running over, the programming at 4am Sunday morning really doesn't matter and both AS and CN have an abundance of short time fillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.