• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Catherine

Such a normal name for this show. Anyways she is a witch who works for the Eye of the Midnight Sun and drains magic from people to extend her lifeforce, causing her to look young when in reality she's quite old. Yuno pulled the old trick of overfilling the energy vampire, a classic used in just about every confrontation with an energy sucker in recorded history, but Charmy was the one to actually defeat her when she thought Catherine was going to steal her food. This was the origin of Charmy liking Yuno if you remember. She was captured by capital security after that.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
System Call insert sexual assault scene
IKUGW7M.jpg

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well post the teaser for the next season of SAO.

Kirito appears to be in a Cloud like coma.

Are you ready to feel it guys?

We can all feel it together.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So probably:

Dragon Ball Super
Attack on Titan
Lupin The Third
Food Wars
Gundam The Origin
Black Clover
Boruto
Naruto
My Hero Academia
hmmm interesting...can we get an actual schedule update though Jason
Again, they gotta fill that slot with something, even if it's just an sao rerun. The fact they've not confirmed yet is weird.
I feel they're just going to shrink it by a slot.
Based on this tweet, yeah looks like that's what they're gonna do Is drop a slot and end a half hour earlier.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
...6 shows in production for Toonami.

...Bleach could be one of them, it's...possible. Not likely, but possible.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Bleach should be at least three of those shows.

Ice Guy spinoff.

Aizen, the early years.

Bleach: The Final Act.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Lupin Part V is really good. Probably the best looking show on the block, either that or Origin.

I kinda like MHA at the bottom, it's a fun way to end the night.

Boruto was great. Kishimoto episodes just are good when they're good and great when they're bad. Apparently there's a Chocho arc that disproves this but I love Chocho so who knows.

Naruto: Brotherhood continues to amaze. I should probably get the dvds of this season from the library and gif Naruto fighting that Sasuke dummy. Only a few more months until the Road to Sakura. Remain hype.

DBS was fun. I get why people don't like that episode but I thought it was pretty neat.

Food Wars, I've always liked this episode a lot. The dub despite being what it is entertains me.

Black Clover. This arc is just good. I know people like to say that it's hard to mess up a tournament arc but BC could have easily done so. The bits that are supposed to be funny just work. I unironically love just how edgelord "Xerx" is and how well JYB works for the role.

Attack on Titan, I loved it. Loved every minute of this season.

Gundam, this show delivers where Unicron didn't, and I kinda don't hate Unicron. Sayla's witch hat was just too cute.

Sword Art Online. What a pile of glorious nonsense. That ending was amazing. I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
At least SAO being gone will help me with my headaches

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell was up with the way they were having them pronounce Erina's last name

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Man God, I'm playing through Radiant Dawn again, and I forgot how much of a beast Haar is. Haar might be the closest thing to a perfect unit in that game. Dude's only weak spot is thunder magic and the accuracy on it is so bad that he'll rarely even get hit by it, and even if he does, he can usually tank a hit.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, Gundam actually at a decent time now....but honestly, unless Food Wars got bumped to 1:30, I don't know if I'll watch it since I'd rather just head to work. At the very least, the reception so far seems to be more positive.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Lets take a moment to appreciate the best Gundam boyfriend. Heero.
tumblr_nhl2sxHyfT1rdfsmyo1_500.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Speaking of Man God, I'm playing through Radiant Dawn again, and I forgot how much of a beast Haar is. Haar might be the closest thing to a perfect unit in that game. Dude's only weak spot is thunder magic and the accuracy on it is so bad that he'll rarely even get hit by it, and even if he does, he can usually tank a hit.

Radiant dawn has some of the worst balance for it's playable characters in any FE team. You have Ike's team who's comically over powered, then you have Micaiah's team who's so trash the game constantly has to feed her comically op characters just to endure

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Now that I rewatched the first ep of Food Wars I think my Gotcha Pork Roast didn't retain it's shape because I forgot the butchers twine and I didn't use thick enough Bacon

Oct 25, 2017
Radiant dawn has some of the worst balance for it's playable characters in any FE team. You have Ike's team who's comically over powered, then you have Micaiah's team who's so trash the game constantly has to feed her comically op characters just to endure

Oh yeah, that game has some fucking issues with balance. I love the chapters where you have to fight the Dawn Brigade as Ike's team because I always just try to just slaughter the Dawn Brigade. Sothe is alright for a while, but then he gets class locked because of the story and stops mattering. I tried dumping time in Aran once, but dude didn't work out for me. Edward can end up being fine, but Zihark is right fucking there so why would I bother. Fiona and Meg are like the worst two units in the game. Tormod's group helps, but then they just up and leave and don't show up till they're super underleveled for that point of the game. Nolan can usually end up being pretty good though. I actually prefer using him as my main reaver instead of Boyd.

Ike's team gives you so many amazing units that some of them just become irrelevant. Like who the fuck uses Rolf?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The only anime Dorothy I acknowledge is Dorothy Wayneright.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oh yeah, that game has some fucking issues with balance. I love the chapters where you have to fight the Dawn Brigade as Ike's team because I always just try to just slaughter the Dawn Brigade. Sothe is alright for a while, but then he gets class locked because of the story and stops mattering. I tried dumping time in Aran once, but dude didn't work out for me. Edward can end up being fine, but Zihark is right fucking there so why would I bother. Fiona and Meg are like the worst two units in the game. Tormod's group helps, but then they just up and leave and don't show up till they're super underleveled for that point of the game. Nolan can usually end up being pretty good though. I actually prefer using him as my main reaver instead of Boyd.

Ike's team gives you so many amazing units that some of them just become irrelevant. Like who the fuck uses Rolf?

Rolf at least in por had the potential to he better then Shinon when the latter rejoined, in RD not only is Rolf outclassed from the jump, he gets massive NTR'd by Boyd for Mist.

Edward is good for blocking axes with his face

Nolan and Zihark are both earth supports and with how broken 2x earth is in RD (+15% evade per rank lol) the two together become crazy dodge tanks.

And yeah Fiona is a massive case of "who designed this game/character?"

Dev 1 "hey we should give the dawn brigade a cavalier"

Dev 2 "sure, but we're gonna have her not available for missions she'd be decent for, and have her unusable in stages with terrible terrain for mounted units"

The only thing you can salvage with Fiona is she's an earth support, and she's still the worst Earth in the game.

Unrelated rant about RD, I hate how the game gives you this massive army, tells you to pick a bunch for the finale, but then forces characters you don't want to use (like sothe or sankai) meaning you have to bring a smaller group then you've used the whole game.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
When Quinella said they'd meet again in the real world, I thought it could be a decent set up for future stuff. Kazuto in his meat body vs evil AI hiding in the internet, manipulating non-game tech, attacking him with drones and robots.

And then she blew up.

Oct 25, 2017
Rolf at least in por had the potential to he better then Shinon when the latter rejoined, in RD not only is Rolf outclassed from the jump, he gets massive NTR'd by Boyd for Mist.

Nolan and Zihark are both earth supports and with how broken 2x earth is in RD (+15% evade per rank lol) the two together become crazy dodge tanks.

Dev 2 "sure, but we're gonna have her not available for missions she'd be decent for, and have her unusable in stages with terrible terrain for mounted units"

The only thing you can salvage with Fiona is she's an earth support, and she's still the worst Earth in the game.

Unrelated rant about RD, I hate how the game gives you this massive army, tells you to pick a bunch for the finale, but then forces characters you don't want to use (like sothe or sankai) meaning you have to bring a smaller group then you've used the whole game.

God, I think I used Sankai to attack all of one enemy before just letting her hang out of enemy range for the entire rest of the game.

I forgot how good this game Elincia was in this game too. Her having what is basically a brave sword with unlimited durability is so busted.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Am I going to need to make a Fire Emblem channel on the Discord or something

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Its already a travesty that the discord doesn't have a paper Mario channel

Man God

Oct 25, 2017

Rolf is great in RD. Marksmen is the best regular class in the game. The real problem is that there is only one weapon worth using for said Marksman and three archers. Now one of them is a member of the Dawn Brigade so he's right out and yes, it comes down to Shinon and Rolf. Both have very similar stats. Just pick whichever one you like more.

Meg and Fiona come too late to be any good. It's true.

Aran's biggest problem is that he looks like he already took his damn turn! Who made him gunmetal?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I rewatched the first ep of Food Wars I think my Gotcha Pork Roast didn't retain it's shape because I forgot the butchers twine and I didn't use thick enough Bacon
I almost made it as a way to get myself more into cooking & make a meal for father's day, but decided I'd rather do something a bit more simple, so I went with a bacon wrapped ham with brown sugar glaze. One of these days, now that I feel more confident, I should look up some of the recipes from the show, mainly one in a future episode involving chicken.

See, here we are actually applying what we learned from the show, therefore making it the most educational show on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.