• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The Hama and Hamaon spells suck in the older SMT games it's like throwing darts at a board.

I know, and this is usually with the boost skill attached. There's a couple of enemies in Maniac where it just doesn't make sense because they are hard to kill otherwise and you can't run from them.

The last SMT games I played were IV:A and IV so I'm used to those skills working most of the time, especially when something is weak to them.

Oct 25, 2017
I know, and this is usually with the boost skill attached. There's a couple of enemies in Maniac where it just doesn't make sense because they are hard to kill otherwise and you can't run from them.

The last SMT games I played were IV:A and IV so I'm used to those skills working most of the time, especially when something is weak to them.
I'm currently playing Nocturne...boy...I don't like those spells. Love the game, hate the spells. Yet one get used on you and you have the wrong Magatama on you're fucked.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
P3P has Homonculi at least, though I've run through my stash of them.

I don't generally like One More/Press Turn because to make the game have any difficulty they just make almost all the bosses immune to that system, so the best attacks are usually juiced up almighty or the right physical hit juiced up to try and crit.

Oct 25, 2017
P3P has Homonculi at least, though I've run through my stash of them.

I don't generally like One More/Press Turn because to make the game have any difficulty they just make almost all the bosses immune to that system, so the best attacks are usually juiced up almighty or the right physical hit juiced up to try and crit.
Half of Nocturne can be nerfed by two Fog Breaths and a couple of Sukukaja spells. You don't get hit and the boss just burns through their turns missing. Add in some War Cry and Rakunda and Tarukaja and done.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
SMT 1 Charm bullets is still my favorite cheese strategy.

I don't think I ever bothered not using some form of cheese until Strange Journey...which really didn't have anything beyond using passwords to cheat summon some hella strong demons.

Oct 25, 2017
SMT 1 Charm bullets is still my favorite cheese strategy.

I don't think I ever bothered not using some form of cheese until Strange Journey...which really didn't have anything beyond using passwords to cheat summon some hella strong demons.
I should try Strane Journey Redux one day. I remember Overclocked being hella difficult.
SMT definitely reinforces the need for buffs/debuffs.
No kidding. There are legit some bosses, which are fiends I believe that require specific debuffs and buffs to beat.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The true final boss of Nocturne is kinda like that. I think Nocturne was also the Atlus game that had bosses that counted the number of buffs/debuffs that were on the field and did super mega attacks when that number got too high. It's either Nocturne or EO 1. This has since become a staple of end game bosses in EO.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the Dr. Stone artist did his own rendition of the Zoro vs Mihawk fight. Always neat to see other mangakas draw their version of other series.

Which reminds me, there was a special Shokugeki no Soma chapter that was a crossover involving characters like Nami from One Piece, Kagura from Gintama, that one woman that was nicknamed Bitch-Sensei from Assassination Classroom, & Chitoge from Nisekoi, plus someone from World Trigger who they point out is like 13 & Haikyuu.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The true final boss of Nocturne is kinda like that. I think Nocturne was also the Atlus game that had bosses that counted the number of buffs/debuffs that were on the field and did super mega attacks when that number got too high. It's either Nocturne or EO 1. This has since become a staple of end game bosses in EO.
That sounds all kinds of cheap.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I definitely remember going through the whole rigmarole to unlocking Pierce and then passing it down to my ultimate team (which was Metatron, Beelzebub, and Shiva) because it's basically impossible to beat Kagutsuchi/Lucifer without it on Hard

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The most reliable strategy I've found is to make a team that on its whole is immune to every ailment and absorbs/nulls every element, causing him to lose turns and not buff/debuff.

Pierce just makes it end quicker.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the Dr. Stone artist did his own rendition of the Zoro vs Mihawk fight. Always neat to see other mangakas draw their version of other series.

Which reminds me, there was a special Shokugeki no Soma chapter that was a crossover involving characters like Nami from One Piece, Kagura from Gintama, that one woman that was nicknamed Bitch-Sensei from Assassination Classroom, & Chitoge from Nisekoi, plus someone from World Trigger who they point out is like 13 & Haikyuu.

Saeki also did a One Piece original story called Shokugeki no Sanji. Taking place right before the Straw Hats arrive to the Baratie.
Between that and the Zoro vs Mihawk retelling, I would like to see various manga artists try their hand at One Piece material. Should make for an interesting compilation.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the updated show ranking list:

1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. FLCL
  3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  4. Hunter x Hunter
  5. Space Dandy
  6. Mob Psycho 100
  7. The Promised Neverland
  8. Gurren Lagann
  9. One Piece
  10. Black Lagoon
  11. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
  12. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
  13. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  14. Samurai Jack
  15. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  16. One-Punch Man
  17. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
  18. Soul Eater
  19. Samurai Champloo
  20. The Big O
  21. Sym-Bionic Titan
  22. InuYasha
  23. Attack on Titan
  24. Eureka Seven
  25. FLCL: Alternative
  26. Hellsing Ultimate
  27. Dragonball Z Kai
  28. Kill la Kill
  29. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  30. Naruto
  31. Outlaw Star
  32. Lupin the Third Part IV
  33. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  34. Michiko & Hatchin
  35. Pop Team Epic
  36. Deadman Wonderland
  37. Casshern Sins
  38. Bleach
  39. IGPX
  40. FLCL: Progressive
  41. Parasyte -the maxim-
  42. Blue Exorcist
  43. Megalo Box
  44. ThunderCats (2011)
  45. InuYasha: The Final Act
  46. Samurai 7
  47. Naruto Shippuden
  48. Dimension W
  49. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
  50. Sword Art Online
  51. Beware the Batman
  52. Akame ga Kill!
  53. Tenchi Muyo! GXP
  54. Tokyo Ghoul
Will never understand how gundam unicorn, sao, shippuden, BLue exorcist and gundam ibo are so low. These animes are all excellent productions that exemplify the greatest values of animation and highlight stories of the human condition striving through times of great difficulty and tragedy.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Dimension W had a lot of potential, then did absolutely nothing remarkable or even cool

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about Dimension W was that banging opening.

...well, I guess the first episode was good too.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Dimension W is the show that I forget exists, but then the more I remember, the more it makes me angry over how it squandered its premise & the stupid final episodes. It's super frustrating when you see a show have a good idea or unique concept only to fail its delivery.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
With Warner close to putting out it's own streaming service there's literally zero chance.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember there was this one moment in Dimension W where someone said they had a power cord to a particle accelerator, as if it was some sort of super duper cord, but in actuality that makes no sense as particle accelerators use lots of different components and are not powered by one giant cord.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
This week's episode of Carole and Tuesday was shit...the finest shit there is.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I remember there was this one moment in Dimension W where someone said they had a power cord to a particle accelerator, as if it was some sort of super duper cord, but in actuality that makes no sense as particle accelerators use lots of different components and are not powered by one giant cord.
this would be the one thing you remember about Dimension W

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As for the premise of Dimension W, all I remember off-hand is that there are energy devices (Coils?) that can be misused or something. Also something about an island.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being extremely hyped by the premise of Dimension W for some reason, and then crushingly disappointed by the show by the end. That's about it.

In other "remembering things that existed" news, a couple days ago I remembered that Blue Exorcist was a thing. They tried to make Satan the good guy at the end randomly, didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.