Toonami |JulAug19| I don’t care how many naked breasts there are, that chicken is much more exciting

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to speculate, maybe Fire Force and MHA S4. Like, it's weird that My Hero got pushed back to the very back of the block out of nowhere. Even if it wasn't getting bomb ratings, it would still make sense to air it before Gundam and Lupin.

I'm guessing Funimation probably doesn't want to their delay their simuldub premieres anymore so that they can "debut first" on Toonami.
Could have been pressure from Crunchy as well. They are partners with Toonami and likely want slots free to put their shows in instead of them being filled with the competitors stuff.

Beyond that sony hasn't announced their own streaming service yet, so perhaps we will see a service from sony that combines funimation now, aniplex titles and sony pictures (and I think they make some TV shows as well)

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
prediction: there isn't actually any heat between toonami and Funimation, and we'll be getting MHA on the block as would be normal

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*tries the Kill la Kill If demo*

...ya know, I only played MHA One's Justice for like 5 minutes, but I think Kill la Kill might be the better game solely due to the fact you have a more varied moveset? Though while it's cool they dubbed the game with the original cast, the demo showcased that the dub audio does NOT sync with the mouth movements at all, though maybe that'll change for the full version. A shame the LE is exclusive to ASW's store.

Presentation is a bit mixed. Half the time it looks rather good, but then other times it seems a bit stiff or too fluid, causing an uncanny valley with the graphical style. Bloody valor is a decent idea, but can feel a bit too random due to it being rock paper scissors, but I guess you could also try to play mind games & figure out what you think the opponent will choose, i.e. being low on health but not choosing to recover health.

Considering the reputation of the Little Witch Academia game, this is surprisingly decent. I don't think I'll get it at launch due to my backlog but at least it's more on my radar.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
*pierrot makes a sakuga episode of black clover*

black clover fan: The anime is finally getting better!

*the next episode looks like shit*

black clover fan: Ah well I'm sure it will get better soon.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
prediction: there isn't actually any heat between toonami and Funimation, and we'll be getting MHA on the block as would be normal
I do find it hard to believe that Toonami wouldn't air the next season of MHA or attack on titan but who knows.

I still don't understand why we aren't getting a bunch of crunchy shows to replace things right now given their partnership.

BassForever

Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm sure there is a lot more going on as well, but at the very least making it easier and faster to getting crunchy shows on toonami should have been the main focus :P

it's been a few months so we should have seen some fruit from that by now.
We’re still waiting on sao’s replacement to be announced which has to be any day at this point, even if it’s just a block reduction.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone with a Shonen Jump sub, they added Tokyo Ghoul to the vault. All 143 chapters of the original and the first 11 volumes of TG:re. You can now see how Pierrot messed up.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So that Tokyo Ghoul 3rd season or whatever it is, does it just pretend the anime-only stuff didnt exist?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Asta

He's the main character. In a world where magic is everything, Asta didn't get any. He gets Anti Magic from a Black Clover Grimoire instead...which is pretty damn good in a world where...magic is everything. His other powers include having a harem, never giving up, and muscles, lots and lots of muscles.