• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does the manga have a lot of fan service? Episode one really didn't have muchf.
Oh you sweet summer child. Wait until we see the character known as Tamaki. Her main gimmick is that she's randomly put into situations where either her clothes fly off or she's grabbed on her tits or ass. It's called her "lucky pervert syndrome". This user posted a bunch of examples a while back.

b80.jpg

4.jpg

05.png
There are a lot more examples of this but I think you get the point. I have no clue if it got better or worse since I've dropped the manga, but I can tell you it's bad the moment she shows up and it happens a lot.

She's easily the worst/most annoying part of an otherwise pretty decent manga. The anime might tone it down some so who knows.

Apparently the mangaka of Fairy Tail loved the concept so it shows up more often in the series now.

x7CD8bXl.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
That wasn't what I was expecting from a new Turok game

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Maybe we work on different wavelengths but I was wondering why we got a prolonged shower scene with the girls in an episode I felt was rushing through it's explanations to fit in the run time

I guess for me a single shower scene doesn't really phase me since it makes sense given the context of the work they do and it did character building for the female leads. If every episode has one then I'll change my thoughts on it. Fan service crosses the line when it's like the examples above where it gets comical how the female characters are constantly put into situations where they get groped or their clothing falls off.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in Fire Force 01, there is a LOT going on
-we find out that in this world people spontaniously combust for some reason
-Firefighters have special powers and fight these people who combust
-Our main character, Shinra, has Scorbunny feet (where is my fanart, Pixiv artists?!?)
-There is a religious aspect where there is a nun as part of the fire fighter group who does a prayer for the soul
-Shinra has an issue where when he is stressed/concerned/sad, his muscles involuntarly make him have a giant toothy smile. This led to some trauma with his family who think he's the devil
-OK remember what I said about firefighters having powers? Actually, most of them don't appear to have any powers
-There is some generational thing as far as the powers go, where Shinra is 3rd gen and the others are 1st gen or 2nd gen
-We have 2 different action setpieces
-Also there is a long shower scene

It's... a packed 21ish minutes

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Guys, I'm proud to announce my own streaming service.

It won't have any shows, but I will occasionally turn on a stream where you can watch my cat sleep on my bed.

>_>

<_<

I'm just hoping Disney will buy me out.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Guys, I'm proud to announce my own streaming service.

It won't have any shows, but I will occasionally turn on a stream where you can watch my cat sleep on my bed.

>_>

<_<

I'm just hoping Disney will buy me out.

I'm just hoping HBO max absorbs the DC app (Doom Patrol is great and needs a second season but I don't think it's happening on the DC app)
I also hope cartoon network being on that list means that they will have Steven Universe episodes the day after they air on TV next year.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
For YEARS, people were like "why am I paying all this money for 250 channels when all I want are these 6 specific ones?" Thats where we are at with streaming services now! This is what people wanted!

In actuality, people didn't actually just want the 6 channels, they still wanted to have everything, they just didn't want to pay for it. For a while, Netflix was basically cable but for $10 where everything was

I'm just hoping HBO max absorbs the DC app (Doom Patrol is great and needs a second season but I don't think it's happening on the DC app)
I also hope cartoon network being on that list means that they will have Steven Universe episodes the day after they air on TV next year.
I bet they keep DC Universe around for a while, but they lower the price to match Marvel's Comics Unilimited service and they put all the video stuff on HBO Max as well as DC universe.
The big question is how ambitious they are planning to go with consildation/pricing here. HBO is already something people are used to and willing to pay $15 a month for. Do they go with the Disney+ model of getting as many people as humanly possible and charge $5-10 for this, with the unwritten idea of a price jump after some time so they have a huge base? Do they simply retire HBO Go/Now and replace it with this at that price point? Do they retire their other smaller services like VRV, CR, and DCU and do something like ask $20+ for this?

This is one of the more exciting streaming services, just because of how much varried stuff that Warner has

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i just remembered that pontifex/administrator/Quinella is supposed to be in her "late teens", appearance-wise

Oct 25, 2017
How long until people start going back to cable is the real question of course that's if they don't start resorting to pirating everything again.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Vic stans: "Vic cares about his fans!!!!"

Narrator: "He doesn't give a shit"

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
How long until people start going back to cable is the real question of course that's if they don't start resorting to pirating everything again.
There is no going back. The cable distribution model is going to die a permanently slow death, the streaming services are going to be the future of TV and anyone who says that most or any of these services is going to fail based on the sheer abundance of them I think is making a naive assumption that there simply isn't enough money to go around to subscribe to these things. I don't believe that to be the case based on what we've seen so far.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
There is no going back. The cable distribution model is going to die a permanently slow death, the streaming services are going to be the future of TV and anyone who says that most or any of these services is going to fail based on the sheer abundance of them I think is making a naive assumption that there simply isn't enough money to go around to subscribe to these things. I don't believe that to be the case based on what we've seen so far.

I feel the future is more subscriber churn as people subscribe when they want and drop off when they want - and I wonder whether there's enough of a core to sustain all these services.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
It's monsoon season here pretty soon in the southwest, which is real nice.

It's basically the only time of year rain is guaranteed which usually means fire relief but luckily this winter was really snowy and spring pretty wet so there haven't been many fires this summer.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Last year, Cable had a 4% drop, which was a massive drop compared to previous years, which usually were less than 1% drop. For all the talk of "Well, everyone I know has canceled cable", it really wasn't true. Cable is dying, but I think this streaming service future is going to do fine- people are spending a ton of money on media still

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, free rubbers!
now if I only had any use for thEH, I MEAN YEAH, CAN'T WAIT TO USE THEM WOOOO.

....I'll stop before making this conversation even weirder.

Weather-wise, Michigan summers tend to have very few days of feeling just right. Either tends to be too hot with no wind or a decent temp like in the low 80s but then is so muggy/humid that it feels like the high 90s. Least the last two days were perfect being mid 70s.

Also I got that Soul Calibur 6 LE, is it wrong I feel a bit embarrassed displaying the figurine considering the skirt length & the fact they went so far as to detail....underneath it? It's a decent figure for a LE & pretty tall, but it's not being displayed in my living room. Oh also also if anyone wants to play online to trophy grind or just play in general let me know.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I feel the future is more subscriber churn as people subscribe when they want and drop off when they want - and I wonder whether there's enough of a core to sustain all these services.
I certainly think so. Despite what most people around here believe, I think this is ultimately positive for consumers. You have people all up and down the income scale that have paid around the same inflexible amount of money for years and only now has that really opened up for folks.
For example, my mom used to subscribe to cable and paid triple digits + in the early 2000s for the privilege of doing so. After the financial crisis, that number went down significantly to just $10 a month with Netflix. And that's all she's ever really needed and is comfortable paying for. Now, she might subscribe to Disney+ later this year but she's so busy she doesn't really need much more.

My point is that there will be those who subscribe to everything and there will be those who only subscribe to one or two services and I think there's certainly room in the market for all of these to survive. Not every service needs Netflix numbers to survive.

Last year, Cable had a 4% drop, which was a massive drop compared to previous years, which usually were less than 1% drop. For all the talk of "Well, everyone I know has canceled cable", it really wasn't true. Cable is dying, but I think this streaming service future is going to do fine- people are spending a ton of money on media still
Yup, it's what happens when choice is introduced into the market. The amount of people who are cancelling cable is only increasing but it's still pretty slow overall.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
What people is actually want is a convenient but highly regulated monopoly.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think Vic's even more done than he was before

Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Promised Neverland...wasn't expecting Ray to be Isabella's kid was thinking it was going to be Emma. Is Isabella now going to be a decent person?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Promised Neverland...wasn't expecting Ray to be Isabella's kid was thinking it was going to be Emma. Is Isabella now going to be a decent person?
If you wanna know
we still don't know exactly what happened to her just that she's not at grace field any more

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Yo Trigger made a movie? And it's art style is good? Totally getting a ticket even though the nearest theatre is 15 miles away.

They're approach to anime works insanely well in movie form. I remember seeing GL for the first time in movie form and being blown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.