• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm sure there is a lot more going on as well, but at the very least making it easier and faster to getting crunchy shows on toonami should have been the main focus :P

it's been a few months so we should have seen some fruit from that by now.

We're still waiting on sao's replacement to be announced which has to be any day at this point, even if it's just a block reduction.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they move the block back if it was just going to shrink 2 weeks later.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The block will be like the blob amd slowly consume all of saturday

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know, at some point we became a society that allowed the History Channel to make 14 seasons of Ancient Aliens.

14 seasons folks.

Master Moltar

Oct 27, 2017
Take with a grain of salt but there's been speculation that one of the shows that fell through was Mob Psycho S2. Hope that's not the case

Knowing that, I get the impression that Food Wars was a sudden, last minute replacement.
Very likely, and it could be the same for SAO's replacement since we're in a similar situation with that

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know, at some point we became a society that allowed the History Channel to make 14 seasons of Ancient Aliens.

14 seasons folks.

Wow, and I thought 9 seasons of "Finding Bigfoot" was bad. 9 seasons of trying to find something that doesn't exist.

On a similar note, I learned the other day that House Hunters somehow has 173 seasons, and is still going.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone with a Shonen Jump sub, they added Tokyo Ghoul to the vault. All 143 chapters of the original and the first 11 volumes of TG:re. You can now see how Pierrot messed up.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So that Tokyo Ghoul 3rd season or whatever it is, does it just pretend the anime-only stuff didnt exist?

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
*Peeks at latest weekly UnevenEDGE + Reddit Toonami ratings threads*

giphy.gif

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Asta

He's the main character. In a world where magic is everything, Asta didn't get any. He gets Anti Magic from a Black Clover Grimoire instead...which is pretty damn good in a world where...magic is everything. His other powers include having a harem, never giving up, and muscles, lots and lots of muscles.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul seems pretty bland and uninteresting even without the bad anime adaptation

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I got an email for the San Diego Comic Con Adult Swim event and Toonami is not listed there. :O

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
Take with a grain of salt but there's been speculation that one of the shows that fell through was Mob Psycho S2. Hope that's not the case
Would be massively disappointing if true. :/

The entire reason I held off from watching was due to waiting for a dub premiere on Toonami, given how solid the season 1 dub was.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine tomorrow or Friday are the last days we could reasonably expect a show to replace SAO instead of there being a rerun or block contraction.

Mob Psycho 100 was the closest I think I've seen between announcement and block premier and that was the Friday a week before it was run IIRC.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
QQ5alp9.jpg

Episode 158 "The Cave Simulator"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Chugg discuss Voltron, a photograph, sword Eugeo, Lupin's hair piece, cooking is everything, mushroom guy, Kakashi's kid, Naruto flashbacks, Lucifer the cat, and the HUC.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:02:02 News (Demon Slayer announced, Gen:LOCK announced, Crunchyroll ads)
0:25:03 Dragonball Super
0:33:24 Attack on Titan
0:44:01 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:55:56 Lupin Part 5
1:04:33 Food Wars!
1:20:37 Black Clover
1:26:53 Boruto
1:33:15 Naruto Shippuden
1:38:20 Gundam: The Origin
1:44:29 My Hero Academia
1:51:23 Current Shows and Toonami's Future
2:04:00 Sign offs