• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed that Grex waited to send B-dubs the goods,

shida the god

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pubo2dANxy1yozr4lo3_400.gif

Zoro about to flex on some fools
I stand by my onion opinion
Raw onions suck

they're only good when cooked and finely chopped so they don't overwhelm your palette

Oct 25, 2017
Raw onions suck

they're only good when cooked and finely chopped so they don't overwhelm your palette

Yup. They're so stupidly strong when raw that they just overwhelm whatever you're eating. Raw onions also sets my gag reflex into overdrive for some reason and I find them physically hard to eat which is not fun.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. They're so stupidly strong when raw that they just overwhelm whatever you're eating. Raw onions also sets my gag reflex into overdrive for some reason and I find them physically hard to eat which is not fun.
ooof yeah i know the feeling

also this just in Tom Kenny is a treasure

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
In other good news Brach daddy is back to blow us all up and I am there for it, Come on Lagi, and Gore

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when everyone was tweeting out that the Reigen recap would be shown during the SAO premiere. Wonder what that was all about

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
FLCL Progressive finally confirmed for home release on Oct. 1st

....but not Alternative.

.......also it's DVD only, no blu-ray version. wut.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So LeSean Thomas of The Boondocks and The Legend of Korra has an anime called Cannon Busters coming out and we got the release date, August 15th.

I'm getting some Trigun x Afro Samurai vibes.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I updated the OP. Here's the schedule ends dates again (corrected Attack on Titan, sorry about that 😭)

Sword Art Online: Alicization: July 13
Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2): July 27
My Hero Academia (Season 3): August 17
gen:LOCK: September 21
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: September 28
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 23
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: ??
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): August 29, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also here is show announcement info for the last few years if anyone was curious (click to embiggen)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Safe to say if there's no new show announcement by Toonami, there isn't one.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That's how they announced Attack on Titan iirc, just an out of nowhere commercial the week before it aired.
Could also be a case of they are trying to negotiate a show up to the last minute.

Might have a deal in place to show X show if they can't get the rights for Y, and are working with the same company in both cases (both sides knowing toonami wants Y more than X) but they are having price issues.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
It also doesn't include the sub version. The spirit of ADV lives on.
.....um, okay, what the hell? Are they waiting to do a double pack of Alt & Pro before having blu-ray or subs? Or a "Complete Series" that includes the original as well?

I wouldn't mind having all 3 seasons as a bundle, but mainly, my friend still wants to see both new seasons & he's been waiting for a home release.

Crap, speaking of home releases, I keep forgetting both Jojo Part 4 part 1 & Nichijou dubbed is out this month, but my budget is tight at the moment & I still need to sell my blu-ray/dvd combo of the Nichijou sub.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't some of the Re:Zero episodes be too long when they skip the opening and ending? Plus, I think one of the episodes was given more screen time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Thats on my watch later list
I quite enjoy it and I think it would be an interesting fit for Toonami, especially in places like this thread that discuss shows.

The middle is a tad rough but overall the series is great. Plus season 2 is coming next year (most likely in spring)

of course I'm obviously still hoping that

will take the slot :P

Wouldn't some of the Re:Zero episodes be too long when they skip the opening and ending? Plus, I think one of the episodes was given more screen time.

if they can make Gen:lock's 31 minute episodes work I'm sure they can make the odd Re:zero episode that goes 25 minutes work.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Re:zero would be ok if not for the fact I'm sick of Isekai after SAO.
technically SAO isn't Isekai (It's isekai influenced or inspired though :P), they don't go to another world just another reality on the same world :P
especially in the seasons where they can freely enter the games and not.

anyways....

You all should watch this
815d251156b69b6b1f5624de681e842491cbd5e6.jpg

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I believe so, doesn't it start by them legitimately being sucked into a different world by the name of the Digital world?

At the very least their real bodies are in there aren't they? with SAO while you can die from dying in the game, their real body still isn't in that "other world" :P

but again not 100% on digimon because I was team pokemon as a kid :P

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
technically SAO isn't Isekai (It's isekai influenced or inspired though :P), they don't go to another world just another reality on the same world :P

anyways....

*reserves OT*

I'll get this train rolling

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I believe so, doesn't it start by them legitimately being sucked into a different world by the name of the Digital world?

At the very least their real bodies are in there aren't they? with SAO while you can die from dying in the game, their real body still isn't in that "other world" :P

but again not 100% on digimon because I was team pokemon as a kid :P
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's technically a world in another dimension.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I updated the OP. Here's the schedule ends dates again (corrected Attack on Titan, sorry about that 😭)

Sword Art Online: Alicization: July 13
Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2): July 27
My Hero Academia (Season 3): August 17
gen:LOCK: September 21
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: September 28
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 23
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: ??
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): August 29, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also here is show announcement info for the last few years if anyone was curious (click to embiggen)

I had no idea that Dragonball was ending so "soon". Time flies by in half the framerate when you're not paying attention.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that Dragonball was ending so "soon". Time flies by in half the framerate when you're not paying attention.
To be fair it might not be ending.
Sept is a pretty decent bet for the next Dragon Ball series, and Funimation can easily dub things in 3 weeks anymore, so there is a good chance even if it's a late sept show they can just continue on Toonami with the continuation of Super.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair it might not be ending.
Sept is a pretty decent bet for the next Dragon Ball series, and Funimation can easily dub things in 3 weeks anymore, so there is a good chance even if it's a late sept show they can just continue on Toonami with the continuation of Super.
People have been saying "New Super soon" for like half a year now based off no evidence to my knowledge.

The only thing Toei has said is that they're doing a Broly movie sequel.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
People have been saying "New Super soon" for like half a year now based off no evidence to my knowledge.

The only thing Toei has said is that they're doing a Broly movie sequel.
A number of Toei's biggest animators stopped putting out any work at all for months. They eventually showed back up, but we still don't officially know what they were working on.

Most common theory is that Super was planned to come back sooner but got delayed for whatever reason. Possibly for the dubs to catch up.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
A number of Toei's biggest animators stopped putting out any work at all for months. They eventually showed back up, but we still don't officially know what they were working on.

Most common theory is that Super was planned to come back sooner but got delayed for whatever reason. Possibly for the dubs to catch up.
I would have to imagine it would be a lot easier making games, merch and movies that appeal world wide if the dub was only a few weeks behind instead of a few years :P

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017

If they were working on something and aren't now, that's a movie, not a future series launching.

The more likely suspect would be One Piece Stampede.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

anyways....

Oh, that's finally coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.