• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
So I've been playing Warframe this week and at one point I notice that there is this pink cyst growing on my dude's neck. Like everything else in this game I don't know what it could possibly mean so I look it up and what do ya know...I caught a space STD...I knew hanging around all of those freaky space wizards was a bad idea.

Oct 25, 2017
A number of Toei's biggest animators stopped putting out any work at all for months. They eventually showed back up, but we still don't officially know what they were working on.

Most common theory is that Super was planned to come back sooner but got delayed for whatever reason. Possibly for the dubs to catch up.
Meanwhile in the most shocking news Dragon Ball Heroes actually got good animation put into it despite it being a glorified toy commercial.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
lol that's longer than anything he's done on Super.

DBS sure isn't coming back any time soon lmao

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
QQ5alp9.jpg

Episode 158 "The Cave Simulator"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Chugg discuss Voltron, a photograph, sword Eugeo, Lupin's hair piece, cooking is everything, mushroom guy, Kakashi's kid, Naruto flashbacks, Lucifer the cat, and the HUC.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:02:02 News (Demon Slayer announced, Gen:LOCK announced, Crunchyroll ads)
0:25:03 Dragonball Super
0:33:24 Attack on Titan
0:44:01 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:55:56 Lupin Part 5
1:04:33 Food Wars!
1:20:37 Black Clover
1:26:53 Boruto
1:33:15 Naruto Shippuden
1:38:20 Gundam: The Origin
1:44:29 My Hero Academia
1:51:23 Current Shows and Toonami's Future
2:04:00 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:

Comments on Podcast:
  • Which sister podcast are you talking about? Also weird onion hate up in here LOL
  • Oh they confirmed the AOT post-credit scene was a Toonami mess-up and not a Funi mess-up? DeMarco said so?
  • It's so weird that they have crazy tech marvels like the ODM gear but not photographs. I guess it will all be explained soon enough.
  • I'm skeptical Toonami really assigns a quality distinction to their shows with regards to how they cut for time and what not.
  • TFW you hate SAO so much that you blot out from memory the fact you were already in the middle of talking about it LOL
  • "I don't trust B-Dubs" LMAO
  • *Chuckles at Lupin Part V speculation*
  • Not sure why CKohler is hung up on "cooking is the most important thing in the world!" aspect of Food Wars? That's like all shonen anime where "X is the most important thing in the world!" :P
  • Gundam Origin 1st episode I agree was pretty decent but man its just hard to stay up at that time of night >_< Same for MHA.
  • It would be nice if Japan recognized that most Americans aren't blue-eyed blonds. They could stand to mix it up. They could stand to mix up their naming schemes too LOL.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In Naruto, ninjas are the most important thing in the world. In Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy is the most important thing in the world. In Haikyuu, volleyball is the most important thing in the world.

Surprise, in show about thing, that thing is the most important thing is the world :p

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In Naruto, ninjas are the most important thing in the world. In Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy is the most important thing in the world. In Haikyuu, volleyball is the most important thing in the world.

Surprise, in show about thing, that thing is the most important thing is the world :p
That's why when I am one day Isekai'd, I hope it's to a world where Trading Card Games are the most important thing in the world, as I feel I would fit in great there

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That's why when I am one day Isekai'd, I hope it's to a world where Trading Card are the most important thing in the world, as I feel I would fit in great there
I just want to farm low level mobs for money for food and rent. Send like ten minutes of work a day would do it so just a day or two a month spent grinding and i could relax the other days

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
A world where doing nothing is the most important thing in the world

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Toei considered bringing Dragon Ball back, but realized they had too much on their plate, and had to push it back. It's like how they wanted another season of Sailor Moon Crystal, but they had to keep pushing it back. We're just now getting more Sailor Moon Crystal in the form of two movies.

Speaking of Toei, apparently gonna get news on Netflix One Piece next week.

If it's good, well I'll be surprised. If it's bad, it'll join the pantheon of well beloved animated works getting terrible live action adaptations.

Comments on Podcast:
  • It's so weird that they have crazy tech marvels like the ODM gear but not photographs. I guess it will all be explained soon enough.

It's not weird when you remember the secret police killed anyone who could threaten the status quo. We see them killing people who are experimenting. The only reason the ODM gear was allowed was because it was necessary to fight the titans, and the royals probably thought the ODM gun gear could put down any rebellions.

Last edited:

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why when I am one day Isekai'd, I hope it's to a world where Trading Card Games are the most important thing in the world, as I feel I would fit in great there
Yu Gi Oh is a legit perfect Isekai, as you get to play a really easy card game where the opponents themselves have literally no idea what they are doing. No one builds a good deck in those shows.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat curious how much money Netflix put down to grab One Piece.

How much money do you have to throw down to grab the biggest manga in the world?

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im tremendously excited for live action one piece. My biggest fear is that it's going to be average, but I want a trainwreck so bad, and hey, the source material is amazing, so maybe they can pull something off

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Im tremendously excited for live action one piece. My biggest fear is that it's going to be average, but I want a trainwreck so bad, and hey, the source material is amazing, so maybe they can pull something off
I'm not too worried about the East Blue. It's after they leave that it can all go off the rails.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wanna know if Netflix is gonna put up the cash to film something in the water. If you look at the most expensive movies in the past a large number of them involve having to build something that floats on water for filming purposes.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017

Ninjas are exciting, magic is intriguing, volleyball can be entertaining. Food is... well... huh.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover is gonna be like Fairy Tail where it just keeps making up new bad guys for the gang to fight that we didn't hear about before because of course we didn't isn't it?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jason is on vacation and did a quick twitter Q&A out of boredom. The relevant/interesting answers, pardon my lazy formating

-Will one piece ever run on toonami again? -> Doubtful
-Why does toonami not have a panel at this years sdcc? -> We don't have anything much to talk about and we generally don't want to overdo panels where we don't have lots of announcements or things to show. We will be back next year for sure!
-Curious about the BTS for the new Blade Runner. Is Ridley Scott, Denis Villeneuve, or Hampton Fancher in any way involved in the story or its completely your team? -> Don't wanna talk too much about the show because we haven't released much detail.
-What's the rough eta of the Blade Runner anime? -> Can't say just yet but I am very excited about the story and think we have an amazing cast.
-If the show GaoGaiGar got it's dub finished, would it be eligible to air, or do you think it would be too old to be aired? -> It's probably too old at this point, but I tried to get it before!

he ignored a question about sao and scheduling lol

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Jason is on vacation and did a quick twitter Q&A out of boredom. The relevant/interesting answers, pardon my lazy formating

-Will one piece ever run on toonami again? -> Doubtful
-Why does toonami not have a panel at this years sdcc? -> We don't have anything much to talk about and we generally don't want to overdo panels where we don't have lots of announcements or things to show. We will be back next year for sure!
-Curious about the BTS for the new Blade Runner. Is Ridley Scott, Denis Villeneuve, or Hampton Fancher in any way involved in the story or its completely your team? -> Don't wanna talk too much about the show because we haven't released much detail.
-What's the rough eta of the Blade Runner anime? -> Can't say just yet but I am very excited about the story and think we have an amazing cast.
-If the show GaoGaiGar got it's dub finished, would it be eligible to air, or do you think it would be too old to be aired? -> It's probably too old at this point, but I tried to get it before!

he ignored a question about sao and scheduling lol
What was the SAO question?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Toonami gonna run SAO all over again from the first season get hyped
please don't get hyped

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Quite possibly the best moment in the entire series, which is filled with great giffable moments.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The fact it works is absolutely amazing. I wish the voices were better because the anime is really top notch. It would be a whole lot of fun.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Langris Vaude

Heir to the vaunted Vaude household and younger brother of Finral, Langris Vaude a member of the Golden Dawn is a good good boy who did nothing wrong. Uses space magic offensively unlike his not nicer, not secretly more popular brother Finral who is a complete pacifist and is mainly used as a space/time taxi service.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling of getting a new phone after 3.5 years....but also realizing I gotta deal with finding a new ringtone, notification sound, and wallpapers....

Also the fact we still haven't heard anything about SAO's replacement is kinda worrying that the block will be shorter i.e. nothing's replacing it or they're putting SAO at the back as a rerun.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If I always use default ringtones, wallpapers, screensavers, and console themes, am I a boring person

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No pre-flight this week lol (yes they still do this podcast thing). So still not sure what's up with next week's schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.