• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Our own Toonami Escape Weekly Podcast, Hosted by thread regulars Grexeno, B-Dubs, and CKohler.

New webcast every Friday at ~8:00pm

Other useful links:

Toonami.com
Toonami Facebook
Toonami Simulcast

CFuJ1vO.png

KkVoZuU.png

b8KZ6Pg.png

q8ll9GI.png

k3f4PNJ.png

yZFmgz4.png

K1KPxCc.png

u4AtHW1.png

CFuJ1vO.png

CfpKSt9.png

CFuJ1vO.png

Show end dates. Through currently announced episodes. Does not account for unannounced marathons, etc.

gen:LOCK: September 21
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: September 28
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
My Hero Academia (Season 3 rerun): October 26
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 23
Fire Force: January 4, 2020
Dr. Stone: February 1, 2020
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: ??
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): August 29, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|NovDec17||JanFeb18||MarApr18||MayJun18||JulAug18||SepOct18||NovDec18|
|JanFeb19||MarApr19||MayJun19|

Last edited:

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 118 - Accelerated Tragedy Vanishing Universes...
11:30 - Attack on Titan - 56 - The Basement
12:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 23 - Administrator
12:30 - Lupin the Third Part 5 - 4 - Zenigata's Pride and the Desert Dust

1:00 - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 1 - The Vast Wasteland
1:30 - Black Clover - 77 - Bad Blood
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 38 - Formation of the Three-Man Squad?
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 257 - Meeting

3:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: Advent of the Red Comet - 1 - Child of Zion
3:30 - My Hero Academia - 57 - Rescue Exercises

Later.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Food Wars through Naruto 120 minutes is going to be great, and also could stick around for a while lol

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Hunter x Hunter going out with one of the best episodes of the series. Good fucking shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 118 - Accelerated Tragedy Vanishing Universes...
11:30 - Attack on Titan - 56 - The Basement
12:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 23 - Administrator
12:30 - Lupin the Third Part 5 - 4 - Zenigata's Pride and the Desert Dust

1:00 - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 1 - The Vast Wasteland
1:30 - Black Clover - 77 - Bad Blood
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 38 - Formation of the Three-Man Squad?
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 257 - Meeting

3:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: Advent of the Red Comet - 1 - Child of Zion
3:30 - My Hero Academia - 57 - Rescue Exercises

Later.
The hell is HeroAca airing that late?!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
New thread.
You know, I remember saying Toonami should air Shokugeki no Soma as a joke. I didn't think they would actually do it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
hey new thread

Promised Neverland and Attack on Titan were both incredible last night.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
People thought I was joking when I said that Isabella did love the children for real. It was a sick and twisted love from a person who had been broken and twisted into a monster by the system she was raised under, and she by no means deserves forgiveness for the terrible things she's done, but from her perspective it was the best way she could love them and give them a good life before consigning them to their fate. That's what makes Isabella such a good villain she's the way she is because of her own selfish choices to survive as long as possible, but you can understand why she would do the things she did even if you also realize that she didn't make the right decisions. Isabella is basically who Emma would be if Emma gave up.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
People thought I was joking when I said that Isabella did love the children for real. It was a sick and twisted love from a person who had been broken and twisted into a monster by the system she was raised under, and she by no means deserves forgiveness for the terrible things she's done, but from her perspective it was the best way she could love them and give them a good life before consigning them to their fate. That's what makes Isabella such a good villain she's the way she is because of her own selfish choices to survive as long as possible, but you can understand why she would do the things she did even if you also realize that she didn't make the right decisions. Isabella is basically who Emma would be if Emma gave up.
Isabella loves the children in the only way she believes she can: by shielding them from the truth and lavishing them with affection for the 6+ years they have. When Norman and Emma figured out the truth, she was forced into self-preservation mode and tried to prevent the situation from getting worse.

Years ago, when she realized that Ray was her biological son who didn't have infantile amnesia, she decided to make a deal with him. Normally, he would be harvested immediately to protect the secret but she didn't want that fate for her true son so she hid that revelation from Headquarters and instead made him her spy so as to keep him alive until his 12th birthday. Once Krona revealed to Grandma that Ray was Isabella's biological son, she could no longer keep Ray as her spy and was forced to end the deal (and because she knew he was double crossing her).

Also, while Isabella does care for the children in her own, defeated way she also has a more personal goal...to live longer than anyone. That is, to never let the Demons have her. This is her way of honoring Lesley's death. She hates the system that took Lesley from her. However, she believes there is no escape. So, she decided to never let the Demons eat her by becoming a human that was too valuable to consume. Alas, when the kids escaped, her lifelong plan was undone and she has accepted defeat. She wishes the escapees luck for having the courage and ingenuity to do what she could not.

tl/dr: Isabella doesn't want the kids to die and genuinely loves them. She believes escape is futile and will lead to their premature deaths. She also wants to stay alive as long as possible to honor Lesley.

Last edited:

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Last night was a great night of Toonami <3

*Reads schedule for next week*

Holy shit next weekend we reach the basement?!?!?!

tenor.gif

Is the manga over? Is another season of 13-26 episodes enough to finish it off? Has it been confirmed who is doing it if WIT isn't on board? The last thing we need is another OPM S2 ordeal....

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Isabella loves the children in the only way she believes she can: by shielding them from the truth and lavishing them with affection for the 6+ years they have. When Norman and Emma figured out the truth, she was forced into self-preservation mode and tried to prevent the situation from getting worse.

Years ago, when she realized that Ray was her biological son who didn't have infantile amnesia, she decided to make a deal with him. Normally, he would be harvested immediately to protect the secret but she didn't want that fate for her true son so she hid that revelation from Headquarters and instead made him her spy so as to keep him alive until his 12th birthday. Once Krona revealed to Grandma that Ray was Isabella's biological son, she could no longer keep Ray as her spy and was forced to end the deal (and because she knew he was double crossing her).

Also, while Isabella does care for the children in her own, defeated way she also has a more personal goal...to live longer than anyone. That is, to never let the Demons have her. This is her way of honoring Lesley's death. She hates the system that took Lesley from her. However, she believes there is no escape. So, she decided to never let the Demons eat her by becoming a human that was too valuable to consume. Alas, when the kids escaped, her lifelong plan was undone and she has accepted defeat. She wishes the escapees luck for having the courage and ingenuity to do what she could not.

tl/dr: Isabella doesn't want the kids to die and genuinely loves them. She believes escape is futile and will lead to their premature deaths. She also wants to stay alive as long as possible to honor Lesley.
Isabella is such a great character

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I spoke to a localization editor at E3. This was his advice to other people wanting being localization editors (for anime or games):

1.) Take acting classes
2.) READ western books
3.) Watch western shows/movies.

The gist being that in order to be a good loc editor, you absolutely must be a good scriptwriter, and that comes first.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, let's not tell people Naruto is in filler when it's not. Yesterday's episode was complete canon. I could give you an actual chapter number if you want. Not saying this part doesn't suck, but it's not filler. Yamato getting kidnapped was something that happened in the manga. Next weeks episode is filler though

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it should be very obvious that it isn't filler when very important things are happening lol

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
On the next exciting episode of the award winning Black Clover: In a world where magic is everything, Asta a boy born without magic...hey...let...me...go!

Status
Not open for further replies.