Toonami |JulAug19| This is the pleasure of the flesh

Moara

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it did seem perfect for the block. I still wouldn't count it out since we've had more out of left field picks before, but it's definitely not going to be on any top requested lists anymore (unless it gets another season)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I’m actually surprised Blood Blockade Battlefront never aired on Toonami, seems like the kind of show Demarco and co would eat up.
I tried getting into this show so many times. It feels like the show just drops you into the middle of an existing ongoing plot and just just assumes you’ll figure stuff out.

Hadn’t felt that way about an anime since watching the first few episodes of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well....it seems like next month, I might get Saturday nights off again, but at the cost of the fact my best friend found a new job & will be leaving in 2 weeks (though I'm still glad considering his 2nd child is due any day now & the new job is only 5 minutes away compared to 40 minutes). It also means I most likely will get his position, which comes with a pay raise....it's just a lot to take in considering how I've been burnt out from exercise lately & the fact I might go see a doctor due to possibly having a mild form of depression.

September is going to be even more busy.

Oct 25, 2017
I made it to Chapter 14 of Fire Emblem 6 and oh boy this one is nuts.

It's a desert map so all of your units that aren't magic users without horses and flyers have impaired movement.

Fog of war is on so you can't see enemies until they're pretty much right on you.

There's a side quest that's triggered only if you finish the map in under 25 turns so you have to be fucking moving.

And the enemy units have a bunch of really overpowered dragons just hiding out in the desert plus some bishops running around with silence and sleep staffs that you can't see the range of because of the fog of war.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017

It's a desert map so all of your units that aren't magic users without horses and flyers have impaired movement.

Fog of war is on so you can't see enemies until they're pretty much right on you.

There's a side quest that's triggered only if you finish the map in under 25 turns so you have to be fucking moving.

And the enemy units have a bunch of really overpowered dragons just hiding out in the desert plus some bishops running around with silence and sleep staffs that you can't see the range of because of the fog of war.
Sounds like a bad game

BassForever

Oct 25, 2017
CT

Sounds like an actual interesting map, so much of the game has been snooze villa. What route is this on?

Moara

Oct 25, 2017
I agree

My question is did a good original story buffer a mediocre manga, or did it compliment it.

The answer to that mixed with was s2 more original story or more manga adaptation would help identify where the issue may lie.
S2 definitely seemed like more of a straight adaption of the manga, meaning it was very episodic and didnt have much of a continuous story like the first season did. Though I thought the individual stories were fun since they focused a lot on characters that didnt get much in the first season (like Chain) and they did have little references to the anime original story as well so it wasn't completely ignored.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed both seasons of Blood Blockade Battlefront and think the show would make a great addition to Toonami if it ever came

Oct 25, 2017
A shame Netflix got the rights to Carole & Tuesday. It would be cool for Toonami just by being a Watanabe show. Then again, Netflix did syndicate Bojack Horseman onto Comedy Central. Hmmm

You guys ready to get stoned tomorrow? Dr. Stoned that is?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Blood Blockade Battlefront could do well on the block.

There are some episodes that don't work, mainly in the second season, but it's an alright show.

BassForever

Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oh snap I didn’t realize Telling Lies was out today, that’s one of my most anticipated games of the year. Her Story was a masterpiece imo so hyped for the follow up.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I would think if Toonami were to get a show from Netflix they would prioritize Castlevania or 7 Deadly Sins.
I am so very grateful that Seven Deadly Sins is locked away on Netflix so that it never ends up on Toonami.

Fuck that show.

Castlevania would've been cool though, and we definitely need more western shows on the block.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017

Episode 164 "Good Job, Brad"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Seda discuss Dragonball species, the Union, SHAFT editing, Lupin's gore, Meat Johnson, praising Asta's VA, Moegi's hairstyle, Lalah the Newtype, POWWWER!, and MHA's review and ranking.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:01:19 News (Dr. Stone announced, Lupin's move)
0:11:44 Dragonball Super
0:20:35 gen:LOCK
0:31:11 Fire Force
0:39:12 Lupin Part 5
0:43:57 Food Wars!
0:49:07 Black Clover
0:56:15 Boruto
1:00:50 Naruto: Shippuden (and Star Wars)
1:06:17 Gundam: The Origin
1:12:47 My Hero Academia
1:18:25 My Hero Academia Reviews
1:40:02 Favorite MHA Side Character
1:41:55 My Hero Academia Ranking
1:53:18 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:
Hey, we ranked MHA!

1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. FLCL
  3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood