• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
36e86baf829a9a8eded1533ca736bc704b269836_hq.gif

want a puppy instead?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My twitter feed is filled with nothing but you guys retweeting FE memes

i'm just gonna wait for the updated version with added content, four houses

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Definitely feels like Nintendo revealed that way too early
"Hey Atlus, we're gonna reveal SMT 5 at our big Switch event"
"What?! But we've barely started it!"
"You have something to show don't you?"
"Just some HD models of demons from Persona 5..."
"Perfect! All we need!"

Well perhaps if Atlus wasn't wasting time literally making Persona 5 again, or I guess more accurately finishing Persona 5, they may have had time to work on SMT 5

Oct 25, 2017
Well perhaps if Atlus wasn't wasting time literally making Persona 5 again, or I guess more accurately finishing Persona 5, they may have had time to work on SMT 5

Pretty sure they have multiple teams.

This also wouldn't be the first time Nintendo announced an Atlus title way too early. TMS#FE was just the concept when that was announced, with stock images from SMT and FE.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Pretty sure they have multiple teams.

This also wouldn't be the first time Nintendo announced an Atlus title way too early. TMS#FE was just the concept when that was announced, with stock images from SMT and FE.

Atlus is also guilty of announcing early see persona 5

And it's still a waste of time to make p5, again, as opposed to working on something new. Despite my misgivings about p5 the game sold incredibly well and is very popular, it's so bizarre to see atlus basically a realm reborning it for no reason.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Morris

Ruler of the Diamond Kingdom and master of ordering people around to try and find him a cure for some magic illness or whatever. He's the one behind all of the twisted experiments and poorly planned invasions looking for such a remedy. His final poorly thought out plan was sending Mars to capture the Witch Queen who is said to be able to (and is in fact able to) cure anything. Mars instead uses her blood to control Morris as a puppet. This leaves only one real question; what kind of tin pot dictator only goes by one lame name like Morris?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see early announcements as a problem, never have, never will. So many games come out that having a long production/promotion cycle just gives me time to get interested in it while I play something else and if a game takes a decade to develop and still ends up awful like FF XV then there's just even more to talk about!

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Morris

Ruler of the Diamond Kingdom and master of ordering people around to try and find him a cure for some magic illness or whatever. He's the one behind all of the twisted experiments and poorly planned invasions looking for such a remedy. His final poorly thought out plan was sending Mars to capture the Witch Queen who is said to be able to (and is in fact able to) cure anything. Mars instead uses her blood to control Morris as a puppet. This leaves only one real question; what kind of tin pot dictator only goes by one lame name like Morris?
How many characters are left

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I live!

I have missed so much toonami you guys. I left right before the Promised Neverland finale.

We got Demon Slayer coming too? Hot dog!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
People are talking about The Matrix movies over in the Giant Bomb thread.

I remember when those movies came out, for a brief time, leather and black shades were in for some folks. You'd be at the mall, and suddenly Morpheus would walk by.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
I live!

I have missed so much toonami you guys. I left right before the Promised Neverland finale.

We got Demon Slayer coming too? Hot dog!

Hey~

People are talking about The Matrix movies over in the Giant Bomb thread.

I remember when those movies came out, for a brief time, leather and black shades were in for some folks. You'd be at the mall, and suddenly Morpheus would walk by.

Yeah, the Matrix movies were stupid popular at the time and stuff like the whole bullet time aspect and the black outfits were in the mainstream.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the reaction to three houses makes me wonder if Valkyria Chronicles 2 would have been better received if you could date people.
it would have likely been better received if it was titled like Valkyria Chronicles: School days or something like that instead of 2.

not only did 2 go from a decently serious story in 1 to a more standard high school anime setting, it also stripped away the large scale map gameplay for small chunks of map because of psp limitations. really made it feel like a cheap cash in instead of a proper sequel.

I'm still hoping that they do a full blown remake of 2 and 3 though where they leave the stories mostly the same just tweak them a bit, but redo the battle maps to be more in line with 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, having the reinforcements attack the same turn that they appear in FE6 is real fucking dumb.

I was playing overly aggressive on chapter 4 and managed to get it down to the boss, an archer, and a pirate by the end of turn 5. Then Rutger and 3 more enemy's spawned on top of me, Rutger makes a mad dash for Roy, crits him, and I get a game over.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
& you described why I could never get into tbe series, even after giving Awakening a try & turning perma-death off. Kid me got the game for Xmas & somehow made it like chapter 20-something, only to have like 4 characters left (i.e. all the main ones), & basically screwed myself. I then tried a no death run but didn't make it past like chapter 6 or 8.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the reinforcement thing was fixed in the next game. They changed it so that enemy reinforcements spawn after the enemies turn instead of on their turn so you have time to actually do something if they spawn in a place that's not super convenient. How it is in FE6 it's possible to get killed by an enemy that you couldn't of possibly prepared for because they get to move on the same turn. It wouldn't of been an issue taking those reinforcements out if this was any of the later games.

My first runs of FE7 as a kid were real fucking rough though. My first run I couldn't kill the final boss of Chapter 20. And then my next run I couldn't beat the dragon boss because I didn't train my lords at all. I lent the game to a friend for a bit and when I got it back I saw that he managed to make it to Chapter 15 with 3 units left which I found to be pretty impressive and also made me feel a bit better about myself though.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This might seem obvious in hindsight, but I realize now how much experience with the series changed my opinion on Three Houses. I like it but I found it disappointingly easy without a lunatic mode. However some things I know or take for granted in terms of mechanics or structure aren't so intuitive to people not as much of a nut job as me.

Oct 25, 2017
This might seem obvious in hindsight, but I realize now how much experience with the series changed my opinion on Three Houses. I like it but I found it disappointingly easy without a lunatic mode. However some things I know or take for granted in terms of mechanics or structure aren't so intuitive to people not as much of a nut job as me.

Yeah, I haven't played Three Houses yet, but I remember that happening to me with Awakening. I don't really hold it against the games either.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

In a perfect world hard mode should have provided a good/fun challenge for veterans without being too brutal while normal is the perfect intro difficulty. My concern is hard is too easy (imo) for series vets and the upcoming lunatic mode will pass from fun challenge to a frustrating challenge like what Awakening had.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile Fighter G Gundam is near the middle of Gundam popularity in Japan, though towards the lower end of that. It definitely has its detractors for being too different but it also has its fans for being...different.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: The Original Wizard King!

Threatened by a ruthless demon, a lone hero took a stand and defeated it. They made him a statue and gave him the title of Wizard King. The first Blizzard King was a cool dude even though the country that founded around him is kinda racist and awful. What we've seen of the elves so far who were around back then doesn't paint him in the best light either.

Nah, the manga shows that the first Blizzard King was the real deal and not an asshole after all.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the black clover manga just pulled a really stupid asspull in regards to a certain someone

Status
Not open for further replies.