• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
does this mean that the wizard king is gonna be asta's new best friend?

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This ability to self recover, allowing the deceased Dahall and his Gundam to keep on resurrecting. I'm positive, this guy has acquired abilities of the dark gundam WITH THE HELP OF KYOJI!!!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
The hell show is this stuff from?

I don't recognize everything, but one thing in that commercial is Lily C.A.T. A movie that is basically a combination of Alien and The Thing.

220px-Lily_C.A.T._poster.jpg

It's not particularly good in my opinion, but it is streaming on Crunchyroll subbed and dubbed.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So will MHA be replaced or will they just rerun it until they can start on season 4?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
so in episode 2 of genlock we still dont really know who the "Union" are or what they are trying to do, a union spy breaks in because he really wants to get into one of those suit things, even though his body isn't compatible, so he kills himself, but even if he was compatible, his body would be temporarily helpless, and so he could easily be apprehended, did I get that right?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
so in episode 2 of genlock we still dont really know who the "Union" are or what they are trying to do, a union spy breaks in because he really wants to get into one of those suit things, even though his body isn't compatible, so he kills himself, but even if he was compatible, his body would be temporarily helpless, and so he could easily be apprehended, did I get that right?
Yep. Extra dumb.

Oct 25, 2017

I think so. A lot of that did feel like a waste of time.
Still, what are the Union supposed to be? Aliens? Robots? Why are they attacking humans?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I still dont even know anybody's name except the main dude

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
There's three aspects to Genlock's story so far.

1. The personal aspect of the soldiers in this conflict. This is the thing we're introduced to first at the family get together. (I think it's kinda weird we haven't seen what Chase's mom thinks of her son being alive.)
2. The conflict between...the US/UN (?) and the Union.
3. The Genlock program.

The problem is, we don't spend enough time with any of these three pillars to get a good grasp on them. I wanna guess that the Union is some sort of terrorist/insurrection force based on episode 1. They're marching down the street shooting civilians and cops, but they don't shoot these three because they see this badge.

download-1.png

It's a moment that might mean something down the line, but with things barely defined as they are now, this could mean a hundred things.

I will say, if I gotta say something positive, I think the design for Chase's robot is decent.

download-1.png

It's no Barbatos or Big O, but it looks alright.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I am actually kinda shocked they decided to bring Gen:Lock to Toonami considering it is only 8 episodes long and pretty early to say its any good. my impression of the series was it has its fingers in a lot of pies and needs to focus more. Characters more or less get some distinctive characteristics and then really remain stagnant for the first season. It is a shame too since it sets the groundwork for more but alas. 8 episodes is a really short time to to cover a lot of ground with such a big cast. FLCL worked because you mostly had 3-4 central characters.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, gonna play Three Houses, but just for a bit. Gotta get stuff done...

-Sits down to play
-Plays 10 hours straight

....Oh.

Three Houses is pretty good folks.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually kinda shocked they decided to bring Gen:Lock to Toonami considering it is only 8 episodes long and pretty early to say its any good. my impression of the series was it has its fingers in a lot of pies and needs to focus more. Characters more or less get some distinctive characteristics and then really remain stagnant for the first season. It is a shame too since it sets the groundwork for more but alas. 8 episodes is a really short time to to cover a lot of ground with such a big cast. FLCL worked because you mostly had 3-4 central characters.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gen:Lock was a case of both parties involved being able to benefit without a large amount of money trading hands.
If my guess that it was fairly cheap for Toonami is correct then...

Toonami got a decent show that could appeal to their fanbase for cheap.
Rooster Teeth got their show to a large audience that could go and find other stuff by them and perhaps sign up for their sub for the next season of genlock if someone watching toonami liked it.

It's a case where it could just be a nice little win win for both sides.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
If that is the case then I can't be too mad. The show isn't bad by any means and Toonami has shown FAR worse.

Back on topic I may have watched Demon Slayer a unhealthy amount of times and I am shotgunning the manga now. It is really good and finding out it is another
female writer is a nice cherry on top. Probably explains the lack of old perverts in the show. God I hope ufotable agrees to a second season for this show to show on Toonami.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I wouldn't be surprised if Gen:Lock was a case of both parties involved being able to benefit without a large amount of money trading hands.
If my guess that it was fairly cheap for Toonami is correct then...

Toonami got a decent show that could appeal to their fanbase for cheap.
Rooster Teeth got their show to a large audience that could go and find other stuff by them and perhaps sign up for their sub for the next season of genlock if someone watching toonami liked it.

It's a case where it could just be a nice little win win for both sides.

Gen:lock on toonami also ends around the time the next season of rwby starts which is their bread winner currently. They could also be banking on some of the toonami audience being a part of the "sub for rwby and bail" crowd who may now feel compelled to stay subbed for another 2-3 months during gen:lock s2.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised about Resistance not catching on. Hell, Disney stopped bothering to advertise it after the first season and it barely was on air at that time.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All star wars action cartoons are hurt by the fact they have to be regulated for American audiences. It's why I hope with Disney's streaming service they can start to actually build a proper action series, because American television cant do that.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't give it more of a chance, but Resistance was easily the weakest out of Rebels and TCW. This last season looks better though.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that Kirito and Eugeo never did that stupid op handshake in the actual show, I feel cheated.

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Resistance is ending with season 2.

Oh well, still got that new season of Star Wars The Clone Wars.

I haven't seen Resistance, but that art style is not very appealing. I watched a little bit of Rebels, but wasn't that interested with any of the new characters and the best bits came from most of the returning Clone Wars ones.

I at least want to see a good Star Wars game again when someone other than EA gets the license.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why didn't anybody tell me that Millennium Actress is soo good! and it's music! watched it on amazon prime video today

Status
Not open for further replies.