• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Have you ever watched a show just because the opening was a bop?

That's how I view cannon busters.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm actually surprised Blood Blockade Battlefront never aired on Toonami, seems like the kind of show Demarco and co would eat up.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it did seem perfect for the block. I still wouldn't count it out since we've had more out of left field picks before, but it's definitely not going to be on any top requested lists anymore (unless it gets another season)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised Blood Blockade Battlefront never aired on Toonami, seems like the kind of show Demarco and co would eat up.
I tried getting into this show so many times. It feels like the show just drops you into the middle of an existing ongoing plot and just just assumes you'll figure stuff out.

Hadn't felt that way about an anime since watching the first few episodes of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well....it seems like next month, I might get Saturday nights off again, but at the cost of the fact my best friend found a new job & will be leaving in 2 weeks (though I'm still glad considering his 2nd child is due any day now & the new job is only 5 minutes away compared to 40 minutes). It also means I most likely will get his position, which comes with a pay raise....it's just a lot to take in considering how I've been burnt out from exercise lately & the fact I might go see a doctor due to possibly having a mild form of depression.

September is going to be even more busy.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Super should be fairly easy to rank yeah? just start with kai and go from there

Oct 25, 2017
I made it to Chapter 14 of Fire Emblem 6 and oh boy this one is nuts.

It's a desert map so all of your units that aren't magic users without horses and flyers have impaired movement.

Fog of war is on so you can't see enemies until they're pretty much right on you.

There's a side quest that's triggered only if you finish the map in under 25 turns so you have to be fucking moving.

And the enemy units have a bunch of really overpowered dragons just hiding out in the desert plus some bishops running around with silence and sleep staffs that you can't see the range of because of the fog of war.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017

It's a desert map so all of your units that aren't magic users without horses and flyers have impaired movement.

Fog of war is on so you can't see enemies until they're pretty much right on you.

There's a side quest that's triggered only if you finish the map in under 25 turns so you have to be fucking moving.

And the enemy units have a bunch of really overpowered dragons just hiding out in the desert plus some bishops running around with silence and sleep staffs that you can't see the range of because of the fog of war.
Sounds like a bad game

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Sounds like an actual interesting map, so much of the game has been snooze villa. What route is this on?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think the lackluster second season dampened enthusiasm for it

It doesn't help that a large chunk of season 1 was anime original filler with anime original story and characters. I've not seen s2 so I dunno if s2 followed the manga more to it's detriment, or tried doing more original content and fell on it's face.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The anime original story in S1 was good and well integrated though

I agree

My question is did a good original story buffer a mediocre manga, or did it compliment it.

The answer to that mixed with was s2 more original story or more manga adaptation would help identify where the issue may lie.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I agree

My question is did a good original story buffer a mediocre manga, or did it compliment it.

The answer to that mixed with was s2 more original story or more manga adaptation would help identify where the issue may lie.

S2 definitely seemed like more of a straight adaption of the manga, meaning it was very episodic and didnt have much of a continuous story like the first season did. Though I thought the individual stories were fun since they focused a lot on characters that didnt get much in the first season (like Chain) and they did have little references to the anime original story as well so it wasn't completely ignored.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed both seasons of Blood Blockade Battlefront and think the show would make a great addition to Toonami if it ever came

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
image0.jpg

Remember this coffee maker?

Oct 25, 2017
A shame Netflix got the rights to Carole & Tuesday. It would be cool for Toonami just by being a Watanabe show. Then again, Netflix did syndicate Bojack Horseman onto Comedy Central. Hmmm

You guys ready to get stoned tomorrow? Dr. Stoned that is?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
A shame Netflix got the rights to Carole & Tuesday. It would be cool for Toonami just by being a Watanabe show. Then again, Netflix did syndicate Bojack Horseman onto Comedy Central. Hmmm

You guys ready to get stoned tomorrow? Dr. Stoned that is?

I would think if Toonami were to get a show from Netflix they would prioritize Castlevania or 7 Deadly Sins.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Blood Blockade Battlefront could do well on the block.

There are some episodes that don't work, mainly in the second season, but it's an alright show.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oh snap I didn't realize Telling Lies was out today, that's one of my most anticipated games of the year. Her Story was a masterpiece imo so hyped for the follow up.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I would think if Toonami were to get a show from Netflix they would prioritize Castlevania or 7 Deadly Sins.
I am so very grateful that Seven Deadly Sins is locked away on Netflix so that it never ends up on Toonami.

Fuck that show.

Castlevania would've been cool though, and we definitely need more western shows on the block.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
YcNbSN6.jpg

Episode 164 "Good Job, Brad"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Seda discuss Dragonball species, the Union, SHAFT editing, Lupin's gore, Meat Johnson, praising Asta's VA, Moegi's hairstyle, Lalah the Newtype, POWWWER!, and MHA's review and ranking.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:01:19 News (Dr. Stone announced, Lupin's move)
0:11:44 Dragonball Super
0:20:35 gen:LOCK
0:31:11 Fire Force
0:39:12 Lupin Part 5
0:43:57 Food Wars!
0:49:07 Black Clover
0:56:15 Boruto
1:00:50 Naruto: Shippuden (and Star Wars)
1:06:17 Gundam: The Origin
1:12:47 My Hero Academia
1:18:25 My Hero Academia Reviews
1:40:02 Favorite MHA Side Character
1:41:55 My Hero Academia Ranking
1:53:18 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:
Hey, we ranked MHA!

1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. FLCL
  3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  4. Hunter x Hunter
  5. Space Dandy
  6. Mob Psycho 100
  7. The Promised Neverland
  8. Gurren Lagann
  9. One Piece
  10. Black Lagoon
  11. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
  12. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
  13. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  14. Attack on Titan
  15. Samurai Jack
  16. My Hero Academia
  17. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  18. One-Punch Man
  19. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
  20. Soul Eater
  21. Samurai Champloo
  22. The Big O
  23. Sym-Bionic Titan
  24. InuYasha
  25. Eureka Seven
  26. FLCL: Alternative
  27. Hellsing Ultimate
  28. Dragonball Z Kai
  29. Kill la Kill
  30. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  31. Naruto
  32. Outlaw Star
  33. Lupin the Third Part IV
  34. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  35. Michiko & Hatchin
  36. Pop Team Epic
  37. Deadman Wonderland
  38. Casshern Sins
  39. Bleach
  40. IGPX
  41. FLCL: Progressive
  42. Parasyte -the maxim-
  43. Blue Exorcist
  44. Megalo Box
  45. ThunderCats (2011)
  46. InuYasha: The Final Act
  47. Samurai 7
  48. Naruto Shippuden
  49. Dimension W
  50. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
  51. Sword Art Online
  52. Beware the Batman
  53. Akame ga Kill!
  54. Tenchi Muyo! GXP
  55. Tokyo Ghoul

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh gotta love having a falling out with one your parents. Not really the topic to vent but didn't want to make a thread about personal problems. Maybe I will tune into Toonami tomorrow to take my mind off things.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, we ranked MHA!

1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. FLCL
  3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  4. Hunter x Hunter
  5. Space Dandy
  6. Mob Psycho 100
  7. The Promised Neverland
  8. Gurren Lagann
  9. One Piece
  10. Black Lagoon
  11. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
  12. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
  13. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  14. Attack on Titan
  15. Samurai Jack
  16. My Hero Academia
  17. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  18. One-Punch Man
  19. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
  20. Soul Eater
  21. Samurai Champloo
  22. The Big O
  23. Sym-Bionic Titan
  24. InuYasha
  25. Eureka Seven
  26. FLCL: Alternative
  27. Hellsing Ultimate
  28. Dragonball Z Kai
  29. Kill la Kill
  30. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  31. Naruto
  32. Outlaw Star
  33. Lupin the Third Part IV
  34. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  35. Michiko & Hatchin
  36. Pop Team Epic
  37. Deadman Wonderland
  38. Casshern Sins
  39. Bleach
  40. IGPX
  41. FLCL: Progressive
  42. Parasyte -the maxim-
  43. Blue Exorcist
  44. Megalo Box
  45. ThunderCats (2011)
  46. InuYasha: The Final Act
  47. Samurai 7
  48. Naruto Shippuden
  49. Dimension W
  50. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
  51. Sword Art Online
  52. Beware the Batman
  53. Akame ga Kill!
  54. Tenchi Muyo! GXP
  55. Tokyo Ghoul
I still need to watch GITS.

Also I honestly have no idea what Soul Eater even is, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to watch GITS.

Also I honestly have no idea what Soul Eater even is, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

Soul Eater is a manga from Atsushi Ohkubo. It's what he wrote before Fire Force.
In this world, people can transform into weapons, and they team up with Meisters and use them to vanquish demons, witches, and all that supernatural stuff.
It's actually pretty good. The manga is at least. The anime is good too until it splits off into its own ending. A sad reality is that we will likely never get Soul Eater Brotherhood...

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh gotta love having a falling out with one your parents. Not really the topic to vent but didn't want to make a thread about personal problems. Maybe I will tune into Toonami tomorrow to take my mind off things.
Really hope things can get patched up, sorry to hear you're having to deal with such a thing.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope things can get patched up, sorry to hear you're having to deal with such a thing.

Its some real shit and it all started over some fucking ice cream. I'm still pretty heated and could have probably handled it better but this has been a long time coming. He's an asshole with a serious drinking problem, several health problems and no doubt some mental health issues but he's treated my mother like shit for a while now and I guess tonight was the last straw and things just bubbled over on my end. I sent him packing to a nearby hotel and I'm kind of dreading having to deal with come the next few days. I don't usually share too much personal info anywhere on this forum but don't have anyone to talk to at the moment about this. Thanks for the concern and hope this isn't getting too off topic for some.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
YcNbSN6.jpg

Episode 164 "Good Job, Brad"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Seda discuss Dragonball species, the Union, SHAFT editing, Lupin's gore, Meat Johnson, praising Asta's VA, Moegi's hairstyle, Lalah the Newtype, POWWWER!, and MHA's review and ranking.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:01:19 News (Dr. Stone announced, Lupin's move)
0:11:44 Dragonball Super
0:20:35 gen:LOCK
0:31:11 Fire Force
0:39:12 Lupin Part 5
0:43:57 Food Wars!
0:49:07 Black Clover
0:56:15 Boruto
1:00:50 Naruto: Shippuden (and Star Wars)
1:06:17 Gundam: The Origin
1:12:47 My Hero Academia
1:18:25 My Hero Academia Reviews
1:40:02 Favorite MHA Side Character
1:41:55 My Hero Academia Ranking
1:53:18 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Comments on Podcast:
  • Yeah I dunno how Lupin comes across "looking" like a kiddy show. I think "Toonami viewers just suck and/or want the new hotness" is a better explanation. But yeah Lupin deserves a better time slot then its going to get :(
  • We've had (and even the show itself has had) this same "are Beerus and Dyspo the same species?" conversation before LOL. The answer is no as far as I know.
  • Yeah the lack of background info on the setting is also really frustrating with regards to Gen:Lock
  • Yeah TBH, I don't see much reason to have both a King and a Wizard King in the context of Black Clover. I also agree it makes no sense how people keep underestimating Asta. Like his power is broken and its been obvious its broken since the start.
  • Man shame on y'all for forgetting so much about Stardust Crusaders LOL. Though yes the characters weren't the strong parts of Part 3. Ranking for MHA seems fine.
  • Woah there, calling Gen:Lock Thundercats 2011 tier already seems like jumping the gun/too harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.