• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Luffy isn't a hero because if he was a hero that would mean he'd have to share his meat and he wants his meat all to himself
this is only partially an innuendo

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
remember when they used luffy the pirate to tell people not to pirate because it's not right to pirate

anyways, aren't the strawhat pirates awesome & popular

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The one and only time they tried to pillage anything the people were going to give them even more loot but their ship couldn't really hold it anyways.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 34 now and it basically takes everything I have (or caffeine) to not fall asleep. It's always something that sabotages my efforts. Black Clover during the ice man episodes wrecked me causing me one week to start falling asleep during IBO and the next with Jim Jam. This week I made it all the way to the end of Boogie Woogie Feng Shui only to completely miss GITS, but I got a second wind and watched it on Hulu before going to bed.

The back end of the block has been a killer recently, I love all of the shows after Naruto (and I love Naruto filler as well) but I've seen them all at least four or five times (Season one of Space Dandy) or almost thirty times (Bebop and Gits) and some episodes of Dandy and Bebop have such relaxing scores that it just conks me right out. HxH has been another surprising bringer of sleep recently, I've only seen it once before and the dub is entirely new to me but a couple of the early ant episodes put me out.

But really the big change has been going to no or almost no caffeine in my life. I sleep better and wake better, but it does get me drowsy earlier and only weird sleep patterns from bad colds and a couple of bouts of insomnia have seen me make it that late that I see the sun start coming up.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
So I decided to go back and watch the in between arcs of Super.
Super Saiyan Satan versus Beavis? This gonna be good.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Well beating all the B-sides levels in Celeste has probably taken 3 or so years off my life.

Also...

giphy.gif

How was the Toriko anime?

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno is it going to cut out about 70% of the manga content too so everything feels rushed and we're not give time to give a shit about the characters

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Toriko manga is brutal as hell. The anime toned it down like crazy and padded it out like, well, a Toei adaptation.

Oct 25, 2017
So I let a friend of a friend crash on my couch tonight while I was recording a Toonami Showdown episode. Went to go hang out with him after I finished, and turns out he watches Toonami also. He's a Black Clover fan and really liked Akame ga Kill and Attack on Titan. Watches Naruto, but not the filler. He doesn't like Jojo because he thinks the voices are too over the top, and doesn't like anything involving giant robots.

I think I met the average Toonami fan

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Is it wrong that I just put it together that you're Chug after that post?

& man, the over the topness is why I love Jojo and why I let so much slide. Hell, the dub is so much better than I thought it'd be. I always just assumed it'd be one of those "they could never get people to match the tone/silliness of the series" anime but they pulled it off for the most part, save for like 2 characters from Part 2.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I let a friend of a friend crash on my couch tonight while I was recording a Toonami Showdown episode. Went to go hang out with him after I finished, and turns out he watches Toonami also. He's a Black Clover fan and really liked Akame ga Kill and Attack on Titan. Watches Naruto, but not the filler. He doesn't like Jojo because he thinks the voices are too over the top, and doesn't like anything involving giant robots.

Chris-Farley-Smile-to-Shock-Reaction.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess I see it as the newest "shonen gateway" show (like how Naruto was) & perhaps it's fans of the manga are just excited to see it animated. I guess the people who like it don't have much exposure to other shonen or anime where as there's so many other series I could reference that did something better. Hell, I don't know if I'd be right, but I'd argue the whole "main character has anti-magic powers" thing was more interesting in A Certain Magical Index because he didn't have strength or a sword. Buuuuuuuuut it's also been a long time since I've seen that & Scientific Railgun so I don't know if it still holds up.

Also I heard Netflix (of EU, need to see if it's US) got A Silent Voice, really want to check that out. I heard the dub got an actual deaf voice actress to play the lead, which is really neat & something that almost never happens in dubbing.

& damn, that teaser for Valkyrie Profile. Really would like to try those games. I remember borrowing the PS2 game in high school, but never made it far & I have no memory of what it was like playing it. All I know is it inspired the gameplay for Indivisible, aka the "each character is assigned to a button to attack, hold the d-pad to change said attacks & try to make combos" gameplay style. Also I seem to confuse it for Vagrant Story for some reason, another Square RPG on the PS1 I need to try.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned that the animator that did the current Naruto ending was one of the key animators in shows like One Punch Man, Mob Psycho, and FMA: Brotherhood, and that ending being amazing makes so much more sense now. Specifically, he did the first episode of One Punch Man and the Mustang vs Envy fight

Oct 25, 2017

Kick that man off your couch and never allow him to sleep on it ever again.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
So, Crunchyroll usually releases a map of the US each season, with each state filled in with a picture of the new anime that was most popular in that particular state. They didn't bother releasing one the season that Black Clover premiered, because literally the entire map would've been Black Clover. People are definitely watching it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
hey if people could sit through bleach and shippuden

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, the adventures of farmer Goku was pretty fun.
Pilaf and crew, to me, are hit or miss in terms of funny.
Enjoyed them in the pan episode.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
from what ive read on a single twitter post is that Schemmel is stopping ocean dubs goku from attending a dragon ball con because hes petty

Im not surprised that actors are bad people. Schemmel is probably also very very protective of "voice of goku" being his title because it is like being the voice of homer simpson, or spongebob, or any other very well known voices.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK, THERE WAS A SHOOTING WITH TWO DEAD AT THE COLLEGE THAT I LIVE ABOUT 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM & ATTENDED FOR A FEW YEARS

Sorry, just....damn it, of all the places for this kind of shit to happen....

So uhh, you guys seeing this Schemmel shit?
No, I haven't been able to find anything.

Last edited:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Schemmel's always come across to me as a pretty nice guy who's way, way too defensive about the roles he plays. He's pretty cool most of the time, but he doesn't take criticism well at all.

Feb 18, 2018
Chris Sabat definitely seems like the cooler person out of the two. Also Travis Willingham has always came off as bro as fuck. Chuck Hubers a bit...weird, but he's a school teacher so can't be that bad. He is pretty funny in some of his interviews.

Yeah man , he , along with Sonny strait and Eric vale are definitely some of the most down to earth people I've ever met or spoke to

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
If the east coast could stop being a windy bitch, that'd be fantastic.

Be nice if the trees right next to house would stop looking like they're about to tip.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Chuck Hubers a bit...weird, but he's a school teacher so can't be that bad.

Actors in general tend to be a bit eccentric. A lot of them have very strange ideas about the characters they play. In particular, quite a few actors who play villains (who aren't of the mustache twirling variety) tend to actually view their characters as being good guys.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that these guys probably make appearance fees as a result of going to these things. There's people who lived off of these fees. Having two guys there for the same thing might cut into that a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.