• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
"The companies will collaborate on licensed content, co-productions, and distribution opportunities."
Let's see if we can dissect this corp-speak:

"Collaborate on licensed content" = Probably means Adult Swim and Crunchyroll will now pool money to acquire licensed shows that benefit both platforms.

"Collaborate on co-productions" = Probably means co-funding and equal distribution rights of future original content like Blade Runner - Black Lotus.

"Collaborate on distribution opportunities" = Probably means Toonami will have access to more of Crunchyroll's library of shows...wether that be only new acquisitions since the deal, stuff in their existing library, or possibly both.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
"The companies will collaborate on licensed content, co-productions, and distribution opportunities."
Let's see if we can dissect this corp-speak:

"Collaborate on licensed content" = Probably means Adult Swim and Crunchyroll will now pool money to acquire licensed shows that benefit both platforms.

"Collaborate on co-productions" = Probably means co-funding and equal distribution rights of future original content like Blade Runner - Black Lotus.

"Collaborate on distribution opportunities" = Probably means Toonami will have access to more of Crunchyroll's library of shows...wether that be only new acquisitions since the deal, stuff in their existing library, or possibly both.

From the sound of it, Warner Bros/Adult Swim will also be taking over the Home Video Distribution of CR's content, so they're essentially filling that void that Funimation left.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. The little anime block that could. Thinking back on how just a few years ago there was no Toonami and seeing where it is now does my heart good.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Toonami has always had the talent behind it to succeed, it just needed the right environment. Also if shield hero comes to the block that's an automatic 50 DKP MINUS...I mean I won't watch it.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I can't wait to discuss this on the podcast tonight.

Rise of the cuck hero and the chad spearsman.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it just got a lot of attention because of that first episode

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Neither Goblin Slayer or Shield Bro are good, but they do probably have an audience. So we might have to brace for them...

Granted, I'd be willing to forgive all if we could get Ping Pong the Animation on the block.

...I just really want Ping Pong on the block guys. ;_;

Sao Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero back to back to back

TenseUnequaledChafer-size_restricted.gif

Don't give them ideas

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://youtu.be/eISo-iFGGDg

I met Steve Blum at Momocon once. He's super nice too.
For those who don't know: I've met him twice.
Fun fact, thats basically always how the japanese insult each other, with pettiness, they basically dont have "bad words" in their language, you wont see someone calling you a shithead in Japan for instance
So Japanese translations have lied to me when it comes to cuss words?

i meant more like is it a very good style of that game
Dante is still the best playing avatar in all of gaming. So yeah, play it.

remember when kirito brought back asuna from death with no explanation

or was it the other way around, I can't remember
Will power in the virtual world. PEOPLE STILL LIKED THE SHOW!

Nobody even entertains the option of Pitou losing because that would be ridiculous lol
"We move at the speed of sound while also being bulletproof. No human can compare to us! WE ARE GODS AMONG MEN!"

Die of radiation poisoning...or...get the ever loving shit beaten out of you from Adult Gon.

Which path do you choose??
Well, us macro beings can deal with the macro latter. The former is that of the micro so...yeah.

It makes you wonder why all the Worlds governments didn't just drop nukes on the chimera ants in the first place if they proved to be such a calamitous disaster
Well, considering that you can just plant a nuke in a being...like...also yeah.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the fact that it tries to say that the protagonist using slaves is alright because he's nice to them....i don't know how the anime has changed it, but the source material is bad enough that i won't even give it the benefit of the doubt

I know about the Goblin Slayer fiasco, but what is Shield Hero and why should I be scared of it?

Morlas could probably explain better but from what I've heard its basically this:

- Man hero is accused of rape by a girl (turns out its a false rape accusation)
- Given the title shield hero because of it I think
- hero then makes a party of slaves
- eventually everyone knows he didn't do it and the girl who accused it is autrosized and has her named changed to like bitch girl or something
- she is later enslaved, raped herself and killed and the story paints it as she deserved it/revenge

Basically its no secret why those that defend Vic quote this show

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Morlas could probably explain better but from what I've heard its basically this:

- eventually everyone knows he didn't do it and the girl who accused it is autrosized and has her named changed to like bitch girl or something
- she is later enslaved, raped herself and killed and the story paints it as she deserved it/revenge
actually he was the shield hero as soon as he got isekaid, and the rape accusation came later, the rest of it is basically accurate.

oh also one of the OTHER heroes is also accused by the same woman of raping her, and he ends up sooooooooooo traumatized by it he can only see women as pigs....yes i'm serious

Oct 25, 2017

Basically its no secret why those that defend Vic quote this show
57529.jpg

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of the people stanning for Vic also compare him to the protag of Shield Hero

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
i assume the slaves are all waifus too
IIRC, first slave is a little girl who becomes an adult after she levels up fighting monsters. She's in love with the MC, but the MC continues to view her as a little girl and calls everyone who finds her hot a lolicon, so it's fine. Second slave is a chocobo thing who turns into a girl after leveling up.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the protagonist is a distrustful piece of shit who can't trust anyone unless they can be literally forced to obey him and the show expects me to sympathize with him makes it very not fine to me.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You guys serious, I thought shield hero was controversial because of the whole slavery angle I didn't know about the whole rape accusing thing, ive never heard of such a pandering isekai in all my days

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, Crunchyroll partnership news is interesting, greatly expands upon what we might get in the future, especially for stuff that gets dubbed since Crunchyroll can still have the rights to the sub. Guess Mob Psycho was the start of this deal.

On a random note, I've always been kinda fascinated by the unwritten rule that if a show/game/book is considered really fucking bad, people are more willing to spoil it
so that's why everyone spoils final fantasy 7 despite a remake coming out gathering the interest of people who may have not played the game previously

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
There's also the fact that it tries to say that the protagonist using slaves is alright because he's nice to them....i don't know how the anime has changed it, but the source material is bad enough that i won't even give it the benefit of the doubt

Anime basically follows that route. It justifies it by saying "well, he doesn't actually abuse them."

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Master of Ragnarock have some slavery crap in it as well in that, instead of using his powers to GET RID OF SLAVERY COMPLETELY, he's just all "sure, i'll buy this mother & young daughter pair, but i'll just be nice to them when they join my harem"

Status
Not open for further replies.