• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Toonami |MarApr19| Sword Art Offline

Oct 25, 2017
i know one day i'll watch shield hero maybe after the first season is done with. Made in abyss first ep was boring to me, so I dont know about that and i'm not in an edgy mood for goblin slayer so i dont care about that show.
Made in Abyss takes something like four or five eps to get going. It's not a high action show though, but what's there is pretty good. Not to mention that the first season is just set up, it ends in a great way and sets up what I'm assuming is the big bad of the series...season one really ends in a bit of a fucked up way.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up with the thread now, and yeah, there's no way we don't get Shield Hero at some point. It's too big right now. At least the production values and music will be good.

I hope we get Mob S2 before then though.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned there's a light novel called, and I am not kidding here, *ahem* I Chose to Leave Because I Was Threatened with Expulsion from the Party Unless I Became the Sex Slave of the Female Hero

It got cancelled when the author violently threatened the illustrator on Twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned there's a light novel called, and I am not kidding here, *ahem* I Chose to Leave Because I Was Threatened with Expulsion from the Party Unless I Became the Sex Slave of the Female Hero

It got cancelled when the author violently threatened the illustrator on Twitter.
okay the terrible premise aside what's with some light novels having such overly wordy names

Oct 25, 2017
i guess for some people, they think love is bore

or if the show isn't doing it for them, love is snore

or wished it has more shonen action, love is gore

or wanted it to be a sports love story, love is fore

but we can all agree that for a romcom, love is core

Oct 28, 2017
Well after putting a little over 10 hours into Warframe, I can safely say that it is a good game. The only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't explain shit to new players, and I'm constantly having to look up videos and guides so I can understand what everything means. But I feel like everything is finally kinda falling into to place and I'm really starting to get into it. Though I'm probably gonna drop it for a bit while I struggle through Sekiro.

Doing a knee slide towards an enemy and seeing them go flying off into the distance when I shoot them with my bow never gets old. First time I did that I was like yeah, this game might be alright.

Oct 25, 2017

Episode 141 "Sword Arms Online"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Raxus discuss cool androids, visual prowess, pussycats, KAYABA, Sachio's rap, unexplained flying, anti-magic, Togashi's health, and urine ninja art.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode141.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:56 News (Crunchyroll and Toonami Partnership)
0:10:10 Dragonball Super
0:15:57 Boruto
0:24:21 My Hero Academia
0:30:14 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:37:26 Megalobox
0:43:38 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:50:19 Black Clover
0:53:51 Hunter x Hunter
1:01:54 Naruto Shippuden
1:05:19 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Oct 25, 2017
Some random ask.fm questions:

It’s been a good long while since Toonami has aired something particularly fanservicey. Probably Akame ga Kill and Kill la Kill were the last shows like that. Are you purposely avoiding anime that are requested for Toonami which have a decent amount of fan service?
DeMarco: Nope but to run something with fan service, I would say we need to like the show and think it’s worthwhile *despite* having it.
They say you are the only person who decides what shows air on Toonami is that true?
DeMarco: Kim Manning, Gill Austin and myself are the three people who decide. Kim drives most of the decisions with Gill and I consulting.
Hey Jason, recently got into Toonami just a couple months ago after being an anime fan for about 2 years. My question is: I understand cutting down the OPs, EDs, and Previews of shows to make more room for ads, but why does Toonami cut out the eyecatchers in the middle of the episodes?
DeMarco: We don’t cut any of that stuff out. We ask the licensors to deliver the shows at a certain length and they choose how they want to deliver them. It’s a necessary evil of airing anime in an ad-based linear format.
The last one is probably the most interesting considering we had an eyecatch left in Jojo a few episodes ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, most eye catches suck but I'm bummed we don't get some of the really good ones either.

I don't know much about the new season of Mob S2 aside from the amazing first episode and dope op, but looking if they stay the same style as the one from episode one then it's a real bummer they'll be cut.