• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Be bold and dive in today

It's true.

I could experience the peak of Dragon Ball...

CAzb585.png

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Oh man, that GT movie.
I remember watching that before Z ended, so it was in Japanese. I was so confused at what was going on but felt pretty bad for not-goku, and I thought Vegeta Jr. was the lamest thing.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man, Mob Psycho Season 2 is really reinforcing everything I love about the series. It just has such a great way of playing with Shonen tropes.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
5jR9lT7.jpg

Episode 142 "Sword Art Offline"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, and ckohler discuss magical girls, ninja eugenics, Mina's face, the 'Issue', Young Frankenstein, Kars, third eyes, one word, and rasen-pee.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode142.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:28 News (Upcoming schedule changes, OPM Season 2 and Fire Force trailers, more)
0:14:05 Dragonball Super
0:17:41 Boruto
0:24:04 My Hero Academia
0:28:36 Sword Art Onli...
0:37:21 Megalobox
0:46:36 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:54:05 Black Clover
0:56:55 Hunter x Hunter
1:05:48 Naruto Shippuden
1:09:00 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Mob Psycho Season 2 is really reinforcing everything I love about the series. It just has such a great way of playing with Shonen tropes.

It feels weird seeing people complain about
dealing with Claw feeling too Shounen-esque as if the antagonists aren't all dealt in a non-typical way lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It feels weird seeing people complain about
dealing with Claw feeling too Shounen-esque as if the antagonists aren't all dealt in a non-typical way lol
Did they forget how S1 ended? Not sure why you would think it would turn into a typical shonen at this point.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
is it me or is the search filtering on youtube fucked right now?

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Someone help me figure out what rwby is. Everytime I see clips it looks like someone playing a ps3 game that's struggling to keep a steady framerate.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
5jR9lT7.jpg

Episode 142 "Sword Art Offline"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, and ckohler discuss magical girls, ninja eugenics, Mina's face, the 'Issue', Young Frankenstein, Kars, third eyes, one word, and rasen-pee.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode142.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:28 News (Upcoming schedule changes, OPM Season 2 and Fire Force trailers, more)
0:14:05 Dragonball Super
0:17:41 Boruto
0:24:04 My Hero Academia
0:28:36 Sword Art Onli...
0:37:21 Megalobox
0:46:36 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:54:05 Black Clover
0:56:55 Hunter x Hunter
1:05:48 Naruto Shippuden
1:09:00 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss
  • Vegeta didn't hit because the faces Ribrianne were making while being a ball was creepy
  • Also don't bother about U2 they don't really get much better
  • King George or Churchill or Roosevelt or even Stalin: You know Hitler I know we don't see eye to eye
  • I feel like there's a difference between having your arms getting ripped out and replaced and getting punched in the face but I'm not a real boxer so whatever
  • Yeah before you guys mentioned I don't know why people don't wear suits and helmets in Megalo box, real boxing is dangerous enough and people can long to recover from fights and can fuck you up let alone boxing with robot arms
  • ive-only-had-arlo-for-a-day-and-a-half-18708349.png
  • I interpreted the king just stopped caring as well and his memory of Komugi awakened all the character development he had with her
  • Next episode of HXH is the last of the invasion not the end of the arc

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"Alright, I made a post with photos of a crapton of games from my backlog asking for suggestions, & I finally have a game plan on what PS2 games I want to tackle, time to finally start working on my retro backlog!"

"SURPRISE MASTER BLASTER ZERO 2 IS OUT"

"Aaaaaaaaaand that plan is ruined"

Meanwhile, AA Trilogy will be a thing I'll buy eventually considering I got it on 3DS but only touched the first case for each game. Being able to quickly skip text much faster now is such a godsend and won't lie, despite knowing Switch would be a better fit since handheld mode = what I want for VN style games, I'll be getting it on PS4 because I'm a sucker for trophies.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually find the robot arms aspect of Megalo Box more unrealistic then Joe not wearing robot arms. A punch to the head is still a punch to the fucking head, so Joe should be able to knock dudes out gear or no gear. The gear itself seems kind of nuts though. Like there's already a risk of getting super fucked up and even dying in regular boxing, so the fact that the premise is "Boxing except you get hit even harder and there's still no head protection" is kind of insane

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually find the robot arms aspect of Megalo Box more unrealistic then Joe not wearing robot arms. A punch to the head is still a punch to the fucking head, so Joe should be able to knock dudes out gear or no gear. The gear itself seems kind of nuts though. Like there's already a risk of getting super fucked up and even dying in regular boxing, so the fact that the premise is "Boxing except you get hit even harder and there's still no head protection" is kind of insane

Yes we all recognize how stupid it is. But that's what the show is using as its premise. So for the main character to then decide like 3 episodes in that nah, he's too good for that shit, is really frustrating. Then as we see as we prepare for the finale, his rival is doing the same thing, and yea, the whole concept is just completely shat on at this point.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The show is constantly flip-flopping on if it wants to use its main selling point or not, which is so frustrating when you could've had some really cool ideas on how to handle certain opponents or the types of gear that could exist.

I think I'm just more bummed out that they just completely waste such a cool idea, especially when I could imagine it as a video game that combines Punch-Out with RPG elements.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
RUNNING MEGALOBOXING AUTHENTICITY CHECK:

BOXERS: PASSED
RING ATTENDANTS: PASSED
WILD DOGS: PASSED
ROBBIT ARMS: FAILED

STATUS OF MEGALOBOXING: TRUE.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Megaloboxing is a much worse but much shorter version of Scryed except replace the magic bullshit with robbit boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.