• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Source?

I thought everyone was turned against the artstyle and the questionable cast additions. Were people just joking about not buying it or something or is this joke news?
Having a spot at Microsoft's E3 press conference & actual marketing behind it made it more known to people compared to J-Stars which barely felt as though Namco acknowledged it. This is probably the first time the general public has known about a Shonen Jump crossover considering J-Stars was barely marketed & the DS games never got localized.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
NPD for Feb 2019 reported that Jump Force was the 2nd highest selling game of the month, with Anthem being #1. That's how well it did.

Alright, guess I should finally catch up with HxH.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Who's the REAL ant.....i mean monster

I'm probably looking way too deep into this, but the fact they're dying due to toxins left by the nuke almost seems like a metaphor for how deep Netero's hate for the ants ran, or I guess a person's hate for something, lasting even after death

Oct 25, 2017
Yes we all recognize how stupid it is. But that's what the show is using as its premise. So for the main character to then decide like 3 episodes in that nah, he's too good for that shit, is really frustrating. Then as we see as we prepare for the finale, his rival is doing the same thing, and yea, the whole concept is just completely shat on at this point.

Oh, I agree. It's a weird thing for the show to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Who's the REAL ant.....i mean monster

I'm probably looking way too deep into this, but the fact they're dying due to toxins left by the nuke almost seems like a metaphor for how deep Netero's hate for the ants ran, or I guess a person's hate for something, lasting even after death
Netero to be honest didn't hate Meruem or the ants, he was just doing a job.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT, King giving a face that looks like the main villain stand from Part 5, especially with those gritting teeth.

oh no, the king is hungry like the welfin

omg his shook face. the arc of people aging 50 years from being shook.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll have a special "Whoops" TOM bumper explaining the rerun Saturday.

I also wonder if they'll announce the Megalobox replacement this Saturday since they would have done so before the screwup.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I remember forum posts in various places being like "but how can Gon get strong enough to beat the king? I wonder what bullshit powerup he'll get just because he's the main character" and now we just laugh

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Megalo Box to be replaced by 30 minutes of DeMarco eating a sandwich

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll have a special "Whoops" TOM bumper explaining the rerun Saturday.

I also wonder if they'll announce the Megalobox replacement this Saturday since they would have done so before the screwup.
praying for Haikyuu!! come on Sentai, you have a hit on your hands you know what to do!

would say Free! but the vic thing makes me wonder if they dont want type of drama as a cloud hovering over it since he voices by fav character :( :( :(

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I remember forum posts in various places being like "but how can Gon get strong enough to beat the king? I wonder what bullshit powerup he'll get just because he's the main character" and now we just laugh

He did get a bullshit powerup that could have beaten the king, that's the funny part of the argument. He didn't have any business with the king.

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What a phenomenal HxH episode, it was so goddamn tense building up to Welfin having to say just the right thing for the king to not kill him:

GIJGplg.png
I'm a bit confused. I watched HxH episodes 130 to 134 tonight (dubbed) to catch up, but I don't think the wolf guy said "Precious cinnamon roll...?" in it. I think he just said Komugi. I turned on the closed captions, too.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit confused. I watched HxH episodes 130 to 134 tonight (dubbed) to catch up, but I don't think the wolf guy said "Precious cinnamon roll...?" in it. I think he just said Komugi. I turned on the closed captions, too.
Just an edit since it's a running joke here that Komugi is the king's "previous cinnamon roll"

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just an edit since it's a running joke here that Komugi is the king's "previous cinnamon roll"

No no, I definitely heard him in the dubbed anime that she is his precious cinnamon roll

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks! Now I understand.

also, I got an adblocker after reading suggestions to get it on resetera once (or maybe it was back when people were on the old site) but now whenever I go to a resetera thread there seems to be an embedded tweet, but it just looks like this to me:

sayevEd.png

I turn off the tracking protection, but it still shows up like that on the other 25+ tabs I have open that have embedded tweets and I have to keep turning off and on the tracking protection and reload the tabs for it to show the tweets correctly. :x Anyone happen to have tips on how to have tracking and adblocking protection, while at the same time having embedded tweets show up on resetera? It's probably something simple actually but idk

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
25 tabs is a lot of memory dude
Well my computer seems to handle it ok. This is what my PC looks like: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vJPnVY I called the build "Giga Bowser" although I don't think the name shows up there. I still have to pay the loan for another two or three years. I don't have the Seagate HDD though, when it arrived it didn't work, the drive was faulty; so I got a WD hdd instead.

(P.s. I lost the lottery sadly though, my computer sucks at overclocking the CPU (excluding using the default BIOS oc settings) or GPU sadly. I tried overclocking the CPU like 3 times while not knowing much what I was doing, but it messed up and basically made me reformat my computer each time. I tried overclocking the GPU just the tiniest bit while playing Final Fantasy XV pc edition, but it would always crash sadly. I can't get the internal bluetooth to work either, whenever its connected my computer says something about "overvoltage" so there's no bluetooth support.)

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

also, I got an adblocker after reading suggestions to get it on resetera once (or maybe it was back when people were on the old site) but now whenever I go to a resetera thread there seems to be an embedded tweet, but it just looks like this to me:

sayevEd.png

I turn off the tracking protection, but it still shows up like that on the other 25+ tabs I have open that have embedded tweets and I have to keep turning off and on the tracking protection and reload the tabs for it to show the tweets correctly. :x Anyone happen to have tips on how to have tracking and adblocking protection, while at the same time having embedded tweets show up on resetera? It's probably something simple actually but idk
I'm not sure what blocker you're using, but you should whitelist Twitter as a whole.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
sSo for the past few weeks i've just been watching SCP videos late at night because i was bored

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Someone help me figure out what rwby is. Everytime I see clips it looks like someone playing a ps3 game that's struggling to keep a steady framerate.
LOL you're not wrong.

Basically it's a web series about some teenage girls who fight monsters and save the world. It started out with amazing fight scenes but low-budget animation and questionable voice acting, and now it has better writing, acting and animation but the fights aren't as good.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Yes we all recognize how stupid it is. But that's what the show is using as its premise. So for the main character to then decide like 3 episodes in that nah, he's too good for that shit, is really frustrating. Then as we see as we prepare for the finale, his rival is doing the same thing, and yea, the whole concept is just completely shat on at this point.
I was totally okay with the whole Gearless Joe thing, but to have the main villain do the same thing after all that buildup is super shitty.

Oct 25, 2017

sayevEd.png

get one like Disconnect that lets you allow block or unblock twitter site specifically.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
you may take the mind from the gutter

but you'll never take the gutter from the mind

...........wait, what.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I am convinced life doesn't want me to remain happy for any longer than a few hours. Enjoyed Blaster Master Zero 2, got some stuff done around the place, only to hear the clock I have on the wall fall because I didn't push it hard enough to reconnect to the velcro, thus falling on top of my Tails figurine, therefore breaking it...& I can't just go into a GameStop to buy it, gotta order it online & pay $6 shipping.

Least I got to take a trip down memory lane when putting away old Tip & Tricks and Game Informer magazines. I flipped through the first issue I got to see that they gave Xenosaga Episode 1 a 9.75/10, calling it "a Final Fantasy killer". Just reminds me I wish Namco would do a HD collection, especially with how much Ep. 3 costs nowadays.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give Iconoclasts a try.

Iconoclasts_Cover.jpg

4 hours in. It's more story driven than I expected, which is why I hope the story improves.

It's throwing a lot at me, but I'm not exactly feeling it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
what was up with the trend of calling good game in a certain genre an 'x' killer, like when killzone was a halo killer

Status
Not open for further replies.