• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give Iconoclasts a try.

4 hours in. It's more story driven than I expected, which is why I hope the story improves.

It's throwing a lot at me, but I'm not exactly feeling it.
I got this on PS+, been meaning to give it a try eventually. I remember hearing that the story throws too much at you without explaining anything about its world or the terms that it uses without ever telling you what said term means.

Should give Crypt of the Necrodancer a go after that Zelda version was announced. For some reason, there's a demo that's only available not only on Switch, but on the Japanese eShop....okay, then....Least it's only $3 as part of the PS+ sale.

what was up with the trend of calling good game in a certain genre an 'x' killer, like when killzone was a halo killer
Probably was the only way they could think of saying "yo, you thought THAT game was good? Take a look at THIS!" Seems like it was mainly during the PS2/GCN/Xbox era & early in the PS360, but after that, seems as though the term died down. Probably because most of the games that people claimed were X killers never really ended up "killing" the other franchise.

Case in point: Xenosaga only got 3 games and never got a rerelease and barely gets by with cameo appearances. Final Fantasy....still exists.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Probably was the only way they could think of saying "yo, you thought THAT game was good? Take a look at THIS!" Seems like it was mainly during the PS2/GCN/Xbox era & early in the PS360, but after that, seems as though the term died down. Probably because most of the games that people claimed were X killers never really ended up "killing" the other franchise.

Case in point: Xenosaga only got 3 games and never got a rerelease and barely gets by with
Then people said "it's the dark souls of X"

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Polygon Pictures, what did they do?

> Knights of Sidonia
> Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
> Tron: Uprising
> Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 TV series)

.....huh.

Now I just want Nintendo to commission a Punch-Out anime where we get to learn the origins of characters like King Hippo.

Oct 25, 2017
Polygon Pictures, what did they do?

> Knights of Sidonia
> Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
> Tron: Uprising
> Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 TV series)

.....huh.

Now I just want Nintendo to commission a Punch-Out anime where we get to learn the origins of characters like King Hippo.
Punch-Out anime written by the dude that does Baki.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i heard the godzila movie was ass, and the clone wars was pretty hit and miss, not sure about the rest though

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always saw Gon not meeting the King as being mildly interesting more than anything else

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i don't really think Gon meeting Meruem would've changed anything considering Gon doesn't really give a shit about any ant but Pitou

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the Black Clover OVA today, along with the episode that I fell asleep on.

The OVA is actually funny. Black Clover once again shows that it would be better as a screwball comedy.

I also have to watch HxH and Naruto Shippuden.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TIL that people are selling old Toonami airings on eBay.

Should I take the plunge, buy some and report what I see to the thread?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
All instances of "in a world where magic is everything" should be said by the old movie trailer voice guy.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
That's okay DTL, I always thought it was an overblown piece of crap

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've basically accepted that I dont like evangelion and it's probably because i dont suffer from anxiety or depression

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Evangelion loves to revel in suffering, which i don't really appreciate

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The announcement is that we'll have a date for when we're REALLY gonna have an announcement.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
what is a nintendo direct but nintendo announcing that there'll be a stream where they announce stuff

announcing a 30-minute video full of announcements

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
41vMuIF.gif

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I have anxiety and depression both and I still don't like Evangellion.

Most of it is just dumb monster of the week stuff with bad humor, an excessive ammount of fan service, and usually not great animation.

When it tries to deal with serious issues it does an decent job, at least relative to how most anime handles mental health issues. But there's so many mediocre episodes in between that the quality ones can't save the show for me

The directors cut 21-24 is great and every now and again an episode is damn good aside from that. I could see the hype if the whole show was that quality but it ain't.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting to rewatch it for awhile now. Hope they get 3.33 as well as I've yet to experience that fuckery.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to watch it with all of you, and if it does show up on Netflix we should organize a screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.