• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching Kaguya sama, but I hope it doesn't get overhyped to death for me because when I see people saying it's just as good if not better than Mob Psycho season 2, I get certain expectations.

They're both 10/10 for me, but the only way I could put it over Mob is if I was REALLY into romcoms lol

That said, humor is subjective, so yea

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I typically find romance in anime really annoying because I very much don't like the "will they won't they" crutch that most of them rely on. Almost none of them explore the actual relationship as a couple and that's why Ore Monogatari was one of the few romance focused anime I actually enjoyed.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i know one day i'll watch shield hero maybe after the first season is done with. Made in abyss first ep was boring to me, so I dont know about that and i'm not in an edgy mood for goblin slayer so i dont care about that show.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching Kaguya sama, but I hope it doesn't get overhyped to death for me because when I see people saying it's just as good if not better than Mob Psycho season 2, I get certain expectations.
While Kaguya is currently the only active manga I read on a weekly basis, and I enjoy the show, I still would only put it at like an 8/10.

The show takes a bit to really get going, and even longer to hit what I would call it's stride.

As I just said the show won't even get to what I consider to be the good parts of the series. Instead most of this season will be focused on shorter stories, a number of which border on gag comedy. It's enjoyable, but it's likely going to be forgotten by many by the end of the year.

I typically find romance in anime really annoying because I very much don't like the "will they won't they" crutch that most of them rely on. Almost none of them explore the actual relationship as a couple and that's why Ore Monogatari was one of the few romance focused anime I actually enjoyed.

Kaguya is about elevating that will they won't they into something beyond that, it's still a will they won't they to some degree, but it's more of a battle of who will stand on top when it comes to when.

basically, imagine you are watching death note. and instead of light trying to stay a step ahead of L because he is a mass murderer, Light is trying to stay ahead of L because he is in love with L but wants L to be the one to cave and confess first.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
yeah kaguya-sama frames it as inevitable, but its also a competition to see who cracks first

edit: like there's zero doubt that someone is going to confess at some point and the author does nothing to hide that fact, It's just crazy mind games between the two to force the other to do it first.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAv8Jf8gh3_PyEHLyAbLP0us
ROuGH_.gif

Oct 25, 2017
i know one day i'll watch shield hero maybe after the first season is done with. Made in abyss first ep was boring to me, so I dont know about that and i'm not in an edgy mood for goblin slayer so i dont care about that show.
Made in Abyss takes something like four or five eps to get going. It's not a high action show though, but what's there is pretty good. Not to mention that the first season is just set up, it ends in a great way and sets up what I'm assuming is the big bad of the series...season one really ends in a bit of a fucked up way.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up with the thread now, and yeah, there's no way we don't get Shield Hero at some point. It's too big right now. At least the production values and music will be good.

I hope we get Mob S2 before then though.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned there's a light novel called, and I am not kidding here, *ahem* I Chose to Leave Because I Was Threatened with Expulsion from the Party Unless I Became the Sex Slave of the Female Hero

It got cancelled when the author violently threatened the illustrator on Twitter.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned there's a light novel called, and I am not kidding here, *ahem* I Chose to Leave Because I Was Threatened with Expulsion from the Party Unless I Became the Sex Slave of the Female Hero

It got cancelled when the author violently threatened the illustrator on Twitter.
okay the terrible premise aside what's with some light novels having such overly wordy names

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
It was explained in I think the manga thread at some point recently that these stories are usually first published as web novels on sites without cover art, so to catch readers, they need to shove the premise into the title.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Comedy is one of those super subjective things that you can't really blame someone for liking or not liking, unless it's something terrible like racist or homophobic terrible

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna make an Isekais where the main character is forced to argue with feminists about marvel films, and then wins and gets to use those feminists as butler's! And everyone calls him Gun Hero

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna make an Isekais where the main character is forced to argue with feminists about marvel films, and then wins and gets to use those feminists as butler's! And everyone calls him Gun Hero
are the final bosses Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream last night of watching a JoJo coproduction between David Pro and Aardman of all studios.

It was weird.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
how many head tilts would be performed by DIO in a shaft adaptation

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it would end up with Lupin thinking he got away with whatever he stole, but Batman had switched it out with a fake

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
i guess for some people, they think love is bore

or if the show isn't doing it for them, love is snore

or wished it has more shonen action, love is gore

or wanted it to be a sports love story, love is fore

but we can all agree that for a romcom, love is core

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Well after putting a little over 10 hours into Warframe, I can safely say that it is a good game. The only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't explain shit to new players, and I'm constantly having to look up videos and guides so I can understand what everything means. But I feel like everything is finally kinda falling into to place and I'm really starting to get into it. Though I'm probably gonna drop it for a bit while I struggle through Sekiro.

Doing a knee slide towards an enemy and seeing them go flying off into the distance when I shoot them with my bow never gets old. First time I did that I was like yeah, this game might be alright.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
sdvK2nv.jpg

Episode 141 "Sword Arms Online"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Raxus discuss cool androids, visual prowess, pussycats, KAYABA, Sachio's rap, unexplained flying, anti-magic, Togashi's health, and urine ninja art.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode141.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:56 News (Crunchyroll and Toonami Partnership)
0:10:10 Dragonball Super
0:15:57 Boruto
0:24:21 My Hero Academia
0:30:14 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:37:26 Megalobox
0:43:38 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:50:19 Black Clover
0:53:51 Hunter x Hunter
1:01:54 Naruto Shippuden
1:05:19 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
know what's a masterpieceofshit? shield hero

"THANKS TO YOU, HERO, THE SLAVE BUSINESS IS BOOMING!"

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Some random ask.fm questions:

It's been a good long while since Toonami has aired something particularly fanservicey. Probably Akame ga Kill and Kill la Kill were the last shows like that. Are you purposely avoiding anime that are requested for Toonami which have a decent amount of fan service?
DeMarco: Nope but to run something with fan service, I would say we need to like the show and think it's worthwhile *despite* having it.

They say you are the only person who decides what shows air on Toonami is that true?
DeMarco: Kim Manning, Gill Austin and myself are the three people who decide. Kim drives most of the decisions with Gill and I consulting.

Hey Jason, recently got into Toonami just a couple months ago after being an anime fan for about 2 years. My question is: I understand cutting down the OPs, EDs, and Previews of shows to make more room for ads, but why does Toonami cut out the eyecatchers in the middle of the episodes?
DeMarco: We don't cut any of that stuff out. We ask the licensors to deliver the shows at a certain length and they choose how they want to deliver them. It's a necessary evil of airing anime in an ad-based linear format.

The last one is probably the most interesting considering we had an eyecatch left in Jojo a few episodes ago.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of sucks they won't be doing the eyecatches in MP100 season 2 are story related and often really cool little mini scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.