• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unicorn made me think all of UC Gundam is bad and only the goofy shit that is the least like Gundam is actually good and you can't convince me otherwise

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do my best to not even interact with any portion of the Nintendo fan base, they honestly just annoy me.
Yeah it gets pretty bad. I feel the same about Sony's more vocal fanbase as well. I'm someone that just enjoys games regardless of platform, I'm not here to fight a battle for any of these companies but there's a lot of the various console fandoms that just want to defend everything for the sake of that alone regardless of how anti-consumer a lot of policies end up being across the various companies.

As I've grown older with time I've started to become more selective on which places I discuss things in because it's generally not worth the stress if people are arguing all the time.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam if anything is an acquired taste. There are some good and bad ones, but nobody can seem to even agree which those are. I love Zeta, which most people like and Victory which a lot of people hate.

More seriously, it's probably more just I don't really care for common mecha/gundam tropes, plot beats, general structure, etc. Like, it's just not for me. For example, I thought Zeta was excruciating at times.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it gets pretty bad. I feel the same about Sony's more vocal fanbase as well. I'm someone that just enjoys games regardless of platform, I'm not here to fight a battle for any of these companies but there's a lot of the various console fandoms that just want to defend everything for the sake of that alone regardless of how anti-consumer a lot of policies end up being across the various companies.

As I've grown older with time I've started to become more selective on which places I discuss things in because it's generally not worth the stress if people are arguing all the time.
I honestly just want to have fun and enjoy myself these days. Pissing contests suck and I really don't like fanboyism or how rose tinted some people get. I'm very rarely on gaming side and spend most of my time in certain communities. Besides photography gets most of my money and passion and discussing that is enough of a god damn headache.
More seriously, it's probably more just I don't really care for common mecha/gundam tropes, plot beats, general structure, etc. Like, it's just not for me. For example, I thought Zeta was excruciating at times.
Zeta is so melodramatic, but I love it for that very reason. It's a space opera, but I can easily see how it's not for everybody.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
ddceae996cab42375d91538cd523c494.jpg

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
There are no pure fandoms. The only sensible thing to do is to post on era unless its the dragon ball thread. The dragon ball thread is for only those who enjoy pain.

Oct 25, 2017
I like mostly the Jojo and HxH fandoms...minus the people that herald Joseph as the best Jojo and those that don't like HxH because of the narrator.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give the thread until the end of the night to find something and maybe open it up to our friends at the One Piece thread to crowd source the best and the most embarrassing.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Its a shame since the first few episodes of the thundercats reboot were actually pretty good

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely bored and am watching pre-flight

I'm kinda surprised they still do this every week. How many people watch this

they are talking about bleach

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I think you guys are watching last week's episode. Their Facebook said there isn't a new episode this week & they're just reairing the previous episode which talks about their favorite unfinished series.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Kubos favorite thing to do is design a bunch of cool characters and have them do fuck all

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Also the best fandoms are the most abused and downtrodden ones. The Berserk fanbase should be totally obnoxious considering how edgy the material can get but the incredibly erratic release schedule, the near myopic view on the series ending and the atrocious anime adaptations have been pretty humbling to a majority of the fandom.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Also the best fandoms are the most abused and downtrodden ones. The Berserk fanbase should be totally obnoxious considering how edgy the material can get but the incredibly erratic release schedule, the near myopic view on the series ending and the atrocious anime adaptations have been pretty humbling to a majority of the fandom.
If that were the case then the Sonic fan base should be saints by now

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Most people: "Man, Sonic had NO good games for YEARS!"

Sonic fans: "I mean, we had a ton of good handheld Sonic games on GBA & DS with the Advance & Rush series. Really, Sonic 06 was the only true bad one & we feel as though Unleashed, as flawed as it is, has a mixed reaction & brought Sonic Rush's boost mechanic into 3D, which lead to Sonic Generations, so it still lead to something good in hindsight"

Most people: "......SO YEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSS!!!"

One of these days, I need to replay Sonic Heroes, I just remember it being fine but also extremely tedious since all 4 teams basically play the same and go through the exact levels with minor differencecs. Though freakin' hell, despite looking forward to Shadow the Hedgehog, even as a 13 or 14 year old, I hated the game.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
You can point out the bad Sonic games but there have also been a bunch of well received ones and their release has been a lot more consistent than most platformer mascots that aren't Mario. Berserk fans got the meh CG movies and then got kicked in the balls by a flaming spike covered boot with that CG anime.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking more about how they're treated as a fan base than the actual quality of sonic games

Status
Not open for further replies.