• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Alluka is so fucking adorable I love her
It is kind of amazing Togashi created two cinnamon rolls back to back. It also shows how starved shonen series of good female characters. Emma and Alluka are breaths of fresh air.

I am avoiding DTL's comments for obvious reasons but in most part because it is difficult to discuss Emma as a character after just two episodes of the series. Even so you can see her motives and how she is smart about drawing information from Mom as Mom watches her like a hawk. Yes she wears her heart on her sleeve but it doesn't make her an idiot. Seeing how that dynamic plays out as the series goes on is a big part of the enjoyment of TPN.

I want to talk more about both characters but seeing as HUGE SPOILERS are required to talk about both I am waiting until the conclusion of both series to discuss them. Lucky for us both series end nearly back to back. *Winks not so subtly at Grexeno*

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know much about emma since it's only been 2 episodes but I did do a double take when someone said she was refreshing after emma says she wanted to save all 30 something kids while also not knowing what's on the outside of the walls. That's shonen protagonist 101

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know much about emma since it's only been 2 episodes but I did do a double take when someone said she was refreshing after emma says she wanted to save all 30 something kids while also not knowing what's on the outside of the walls. That's shonen protagonist 101
I can see where you're coming from with this, but let's also not forget that unlike most shonen protags who are idiots in everything but fighting Emma is also a certified genius, though her personality emphasizes this less than Norman and Ray. Also aside from the emotional reasons for wanting to bring all of the kids with them if possible, there's also a good practical side to it as well, if you're going to try and survive in an unknown territory having as many hands and heads as possible is going to make it much easier.

Oct 26, 2017
I love the animation and sound effect for this.
M4VWqV3.png
You know I had to do it to em.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Well I reached the end of the Pokemon twitch marathon. It's somewhat of a bittersweet feeling to watch a show I basically grew up watching, and I honestly teared up at the end of it.The Pokemon series is something that has gotten me through some tough times. (I don't know if media can be healing or anything like that, but I do think there is something to works that are 100% completely wholesome.)

Also every Team Rocket focused episode is a 10 out of 10. Every single one.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see where you're coming from with this, but let's also not forget that unlike most shonen protags who are idiots in everything but fighting Emma is also a certified genius, though her personality emphasizes this less than Norman and Ray. Also aside from the emotional reasons for wanting to bring all of the kids with them if possible, there's also a good practical side to it as well, if you're going to try and survive in an unknown territory having as many hands and heads as possible is going to make it much easier.

Not when about half of them are less than 6 years of age.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question. If Mom has a tracking device, can't she check where children are during free time and see that Emma and Norman are chilling near the wall?

Also if Mom suspects that a child might know something, wouldn't she be more vigilant to see if/which children leave their rooms at night?

Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question. If Mom has a tracking device, can't she check where children are during free time and see that Emma and Norman are chilling near the wall?

Also if Mom suspects that a child might know something, wouldn't she be more vigilant to see if/which children leave their rooms at night?
The trackers don't track the kids individually. So she would see that two kids are by the wall, but wouldn't know who they are specifically.

That's assuming she checked at the right time though.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

They figure out some of these.
The tracking device is too simplistic to determine who's who.

They aren't going anyplace unusual during the night. Even if they're caught in the dining hall or something, they could just say they're getting water. That's a problem with keeping the kids free range.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
In a world where magic is everything, Asta a boy born without magic has become a Mage Knight for the Black Bulls Magic Knight squad. The Star Festival is approaching during which the Wizard King will reveal which Magic Knight squad has earned the most stars.

Dec 28, 2018
Asta is totally different and has things going for him that makes him charming and easy to cheer for. Hes been cheated at life in so many ways, his disability for one that makes him work harder than anyone else yet still makes him incapable of the basic things magic users can do, grew up orphaned and in poverty, isnt that smart, and is reckless to the point he'd probably kill himself while trying to go beyond his limits. He also has to battle the constant sadness that is always lurking there in his mind that brought him at times close to giving up.

It's not sexist to dislike Emma when there are valid reasons why her character just doesnt work. Compared to Asta, Emma is like top of the list for the greatest in the series in terms of smartness, physical performance, and the cards she was dealt in life such as being blessed with everything, and written in a way that makes her outshine everyone. She essentially has no flaws. She knows or hasn't been through any sort of adversity unlike Asta. It's impossible to cheer for someone like her when theres nothing there to relate with. And this raised in a perfect environment gives her a view and mentality that is just terribly unrealistic and zany to believe and unrelatable.

Other femchars in the series are satisfactory and at times worth commending.
I didn't simply call you sexist pile of shit because you dislike Emma. No DTL I called you a sexist pile of shit because of how fucking transparent you are. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice a certain kind of pattern with you. To name one example is how you constantly praise a male character for a certain trait but then heavily criticize a female character even though they have the same exact trait. And the female characters you tend to "praise" once in a blue moon always have some kind of questionable thing about them. I'm going to end this conversation here as I don't want to muck up this thread any further. As well as I no longer want to waste my time talking to a disgusting moronic putrid pig such as yourself.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So what do we think will season 2 of TPN go through
the end of Goldy Pond?

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't simply call you sexist pile of shit because you dislike Emma. No DTL I called you a sexist pile of shit because of how fucking transparent you are. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice a certain kind of pattern with you. To name one example is how you constantly praise a male character for a certain trait but then heavily criticize a female character even though they have the same exact trait. And the female characters you tend to "praise" once in a blue moon always have some kind of questionable thing about them. I'm going to end this conversation here as I don't want to muck up this thread any further. As well as I no longer want to waste my time talking to a disgusting moronic putrid pig such as yourself.
I am gravely offended that you feel that way and feel the need to call me such vile names for reasons that are the farthest thing from the truth. This unmitigated personal assault against me is unfair, uncalled for, and leaves me demanding a very genuine apology.

Ive never criticized any character for being designed as a female character, and Ive constantly and consistently indicated how certain femchars can be improved if they were written better (example Ochako getting a noble reason to be a hero would fix her character, and has no relation to her being a female, example Mikasa would be better more interesting if she had some reason outside of Eren to exist, and lastly, Ive never criticized or anything in regards to BLack Clover femchars, in fact Ive praised them across the board)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
hey guys

you know where sao took place last night?

in that place full of books surrounding that little girl

which would make it

a loli-brary

tenor.gif

.............k easter family time......

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
If anything Ochako has one of the most selfless reasons to be a hero out of any of the main characters

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you.

Dec 28, 2018
I am gravely offended that you feel that way and feel the need to call me such vile names for reasons that are the farthest thing from the truth. This unmitigated personal assault against me is unfair, uncalled for, and leaves me demanding a very genuine apology.

Ive never criticized any character for being designed as a female character, and Ive constantly and consistently indicated how certain femchars can be improved if they were written better (example Ochako getting a noble reason to be a hero would fix her character, and has no relation to her being a female, example Mikasa would be better more interesting if she had some reason outside of Eren to exist, and lastly, Ive never criticized or anything in regards to BLack Clover femchars, in fact Ive praised them across the board)
This is the last thing I'll ever bother to type to you, I ain't apologizing for jack shit ya repulsive twit of a human being. And just one more thing you can also go fuck yourself from here all the way to the moon you nasty ass sexist creep.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
DTL says that Ochako needs a more noble motivation to be a hero....is a huge Bakugo fan.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Random Pokemon marathon thoughts.

-Rest in Peace Maddie Blaustein. The other VA for Meowth are great, but Maddie voiced Meowth with a certain style that the others just can't touch. I feel a bit embarrassed to admit I forgot that Maddie getting this role was a pretty big moment for trans actors as well.
-Maybe I was too hard on the BW series as a whole, but boy, that league just isn't enjoyable on any level. That league felt like everyone was just checked out.
-DP and XY are tied when it comes to enjoyable group dynamics.
-Why did the writers do Ash's Torterra like that? The world will never know.
-Boy I'll be shocked if Serena ever returns given how she left the series.
-Fuck yeah science Clemont!
-Tracey really wasn't that bad.
-Please lord, have Paul return to this series somehow.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
So what do we think will season 2 of TPN go through
If it's another 12 episode season, then I'd say it probably ends with a cliffhanger at:
The arrival at Goldy Pond
That would be about the same amount of chapters as Season One covered which is considered pretty fast paced for an anime adaption. If Season Two ends up being a 24 episode season instead, then your suggestion would work fine.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it's another 12 episode season, then I'd say it probably ends with a cliffhanger at:
The arrival at Goldy Pond
That would be about the same amount of chapters as Season One covered which is considered pretty fast paced for an anime adaption. If Season Two ends up being a 24 episode season instead, then your suggestion would work fine.
that feels like super slow pacing to me

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are there really that many chapters between the end of season 1 and the start of the Goldy Lake arc? That doesn't sound right at all. Or do you mean the arrival at the actual Goldy Lake? It'd be weird to end the season in the middle of an arc, then.

I expect 2-cour, end of Goldy Lake.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
that feels like super slow pacing to me
Maybe, but that still feels like a lot to cover to me.
Or do you mean the arrival at the actual Goldy Lake?
I meant the former but now that you mention it, the latter might work better. Finishing off that arc entirely seems like too much to cover in 12 episodes considering all the stuff that happens before it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Bakugo would definitely turn into another Endeavor if not for All Might

Status
Not open for further replies.