• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I saw some people defend Shield Hero with "a woman wrote it so it's okay"
... No, women can write trash too. Did we forget Fifty Shades of Grey? A giant piece of trash that masks emotional abuse with S&M.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i dont know the context of this but I am amused. I assume Jesse/James are dreaming.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Like, they eventually realized "what if it was just a slice of life comedy"

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Would like some Bungo Stray Dogs on the block. But it's also like the most DTL of DTL shows on CR's roster so prepare yourselves for that if it ever gets announced.

tumblr_opk6pwvGhM1sz111so1_400.gif

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
The Pokemon Sun and Moon anime is the best produced weekly anime right now, and maybe ever.

Also, please lord, don't let Halo: The Master Chief Collection finally coming to PC be some monkey paw shit.

I deserve to be happy.

We all deserve to be happy.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
is goblin slayer even very popular
It seemed big last season, but I also feel like people have already forgotten about it.
I always thought it just got a lot of attention because of that first episode
What's it Crunchyroll numbers but I'm betting it got attention because of the first episode and then people moved on to the next best thing like happens with every anime or anything really

But what do I know Black clover is popular Crunchyroll show

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There are straight up G Gundam and Ping Pong: The Animation references of all things in Sun and Moon lol

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Pokemon is at the stage where they throw money (I know animation is more complicated than that shut up) and let the animators just have fun
People sometimes get really into semantics when you say animation has or doesnt have budget, but 'budget' can mean several resources like money, time, talent, etc. Obviously it's not just dollars.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the reason sun and moon looks so good is because the staff is chock full of respected veteran animators

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon has always had good animators behind it, but it's also clear that the creative floor of the show was Black and White and that X/Y was a real shot in the arm and Sun/Moon is even better.

Sun/Moon is the best video game anime ever. It's the best looking weekly animated show ever. It's the best kids show ever.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon has always had good animators behind it, but it's also clear that the creative floor of the show was Black and White and that X/Y was a real shot in the arm and Sun/Moon is even better.

Sun/Moon is the best video game anime ever. It's the best looking weekly animated show ever. It's the best kids show ever.
Ill have to take a mulligan on that last one especially when Adventure Time and Steven Universe exist

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I love AT and like SU so far. Sun/Moon is better. It's frankly not fair how good Sun/Moon is for a licensed kids show.

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
If The Division II has good character customization, that'll make it much more of a "must-get" for me than it already is. (Late to the game for 1, but I surprisingly enjoy it quite a bit.

Also Halo MCC is one of two big Xbox One exclusives that I would want a console for (The other being Rare Replay), so I'm pretty happy to see it go to PC. At least, at the moment.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I am disappointed in Megalo Box, I hope we get more shows that are less shonen-y

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I keep trying to watch slice of life stuff over the years and I watch like 2-3 episodes and go "oh this is cute" then I never watch it again. I guess my brain really is wired for shonen or something.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama is an okay adaptation of a good manga.

Narrator: HE'S LYING. HE ACTUALLY THINKS THAT THE KAGUYA-SAMA ANIME IS AN EXCELLENT ADAPTATION OF A GREAT MANGA WHICH ELEVATES THE SOURCE MATERIAL DUE TO ITS OVERALL AMAZING DIRECTION AND THE STELLAR JOB DONE BY THE VOICE ACTORS.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama is an okay adaptation of a good manga.

Narrator: HE'S LYING. HE ACTUALLY THINKS THAT THE KAGUYA-SAMA ANIME IS AN EXCELLENT ADAPTATION OF A GREAT MANGA WHICH ELEVATES THE SOURCE MATERIAL DUE TO ITS OVERALL AMAZING DIRECTION AND THE STELLAR JOB DONE BY THE VOICE ACTORS.
It's still a bit of a shame that this season won't even hit the stuff that I consider to be the good part of the series :P

here's hoping for a 25 episode season 2 next year.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like Shield Hero but not those other two listed. Goblin Slayer is really gorey and I can't handle that stuff. Even blood unsettles me a tad.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching Kaguya sama, but I hope it doesn't get overhyped to death for me because when I see people saying it's just as good if not better than Mob Psycho season 2, I get certain expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.