• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, most eye catches suck but I'm bummed we don't get some of the really good ones either.

I don't know much about the new season of Mob S2 aside from the amazing first episode and dope op, but looking if they stay the same style as the one from episode one then it's a real bummer they'll be cut.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
There are many things that could replace Megalobox, but there's only one real choice.

...Have I become Jarate?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Considering next week's the final episode, it should be pretty soon, i.e. maybe in a few days?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Option C is that they already know they're getting Attack on Titan back soon, and they just keep Megalo Box for a bit in a holding pattern.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
know what's a masterpieceofshit? shield hero

"THANKS TO YOU, HERO, THE SLAVE BUSINESS IS BOOMING!"

Of course, Jacob is getting a flood of "But Naofumi had no choice buy to buy a slave" and as someone who has watched several episodes, I'm going to dispell that counter-argument.

There is a very limited window that you could argue it was an "in-universe" necessary evil, but eventually Naofumi straight up gets called out on being a slave owner and through a rigged duel, he's forced to release his slave Raphtalia. Raphtalia then proceeds to argue how she's actually happy to be Naofumi's slave, and the people most invested in freeing her are portrayed as being self righteous.

Despite her being clearly in love with him, and he no longer even needing to have her as a slave, since she'd clearly remain his party member regardless, she chooses to become his slave again. And then he buys another slave on top of that who, surprise surprise becomes another waifu.

So yeah, the show starts to fucking indulge in that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Pouf and Youpi healing Meruem:
tenor.gif

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of isekai depicting slavery as a positive is hardly a new trend. Shit, I remember reading about a couple that had underage slave harems as part of it. So I have kinda hard time believing that Shield Hero is worse than that.The big difference with Shield Hero is that for God knows what reason it's actually popular and thus talked about.

Either way, I ain't watching it. Isekai garbage is my least favorite genre of anime by a wide margin, especially if it handles sensitive topics poorly like so many do. I'm currently tolerating SAO because of the insane ammount of fuckery, but if not for that, I'd have already tuned out.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, Jacob is getting a flood of "But Naofumi had no choice buy to buy a slave" and as someone who has watched several episodes, I'm going to dispell that counter-argument.

There is a very limited window that you could argue it was an "in-universe" necessary evil, but eventually Naofumi straight up gets called out on being a slave owner and through a rigged duel, he's forced to release his slave Raphtalia. Raphtalia then proceeds to argue how she's actually happy to be Naofumi's slave, and the people most invested in freeing her are portrayed as being self righteous.

Despite her being clearly in love with him, and he no longer even needing to have her as a slave, since she'd clearly remain his party member regardless, she chooses to become his slave again. And then he buys another slave on top of that who, surprise surprise becomes another waifu.

So yeah, the show starts to fucking indulge in that shit.
"Couldn't you just free her and just keep her as a servant or assistant"

"Hmm good point let me just ignore that"

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of isekai depicting slavery as a positive is hardly a new trend. Shit, I remember reading about a couple that had underage slave harems as part of it. So I have kinda hard time believing Shield Hero being worse than that.
Master of Ragnarock was one of them, & the hero clearly had the power, both physically & politically (from what I've heard) to stop it, but he just buys a mother & her....clearly-not-legal year old daughter because "he'll be nicer to them compared to someone else" and they get added to the harem because it needed more variety to fulfill different fetishes.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
As boring and Mary sueish as Kirito is at least he isn't a trash fire of a person that the story is trying to make us root for

Oct 25, 2017

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
There are some isekai stories I like. It's not really a genre, so much as it's a plot device.

It's just often used in really lazy ways.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
You probably have and just didn't realize it. Isekai just means "another world", so any series that involves the hero being transported to another world can be considered and Isekai. The Wizard of Oz, Samurai Jack, Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia
Honestly, this argument is starting to annoy me as much as "lol Tom and Jerry is technically an anime too".

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
then demarco punishes us by announcing an isekai on the block to replace megalobox

& it's not konosuba, one of the few good ones

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Getting Log Horizon would mean we'd need to deal with that terrible dub.

Also it's pretty boring at times

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The most memorable thing about Inuyasha is....NARAKU'S POISONOUS INSECTS

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Lots of isekai depicting slavery as a positive is hardly a new trend. Shit, I remember reading about a couple that had underage slave harems as part of it. So I have kinda hard time believing that Shield Hero is worse than that.The big difference with Shield Hero is that for God knows what reason it's actually popular and thus talked about.

Master of Ragnarock was one of them, & the hero clearly had the power, both physically & politically (from what I've heard) to stop it, but he just buys a mother & her....clearly-not-legal year old daughter because "he'll be nicer to them compared to someone else" and they get added to the harem because it needed more variety to fulfill different fetishes.

I think what seperates Shield Hero from most other shows is it goes out of the way to acknowledge the actual negative connotations of slavery and then proceeds to double down on the indulgence.

It actually goes into "The White Man's Burden-esque" justification for why it's okay for Naofumi to own his slaves.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
wut do you call the episodes when goku travels to different worlds & dimensions?

dragon ball z ise-kai

Oct 25, 2017
For the all the shit you can give Kishimoto I'll at least that he's at least doesn't sexualize his younger characters. The fucking state of anime when that's something I can give someone credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.