• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
For the all the shit you can give Kishimoto I'll at least that he's at least doesn't sexualize his younger characters. The fucking state of anime when that's something I can give someone credit for.
It's a lot more noticeable in the Boruto manga how tame Kishimoto draws his young female characters compared to the new guy

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Isekai has always been a core part of Adult Swim's identity.

tbUqRGU.jpg

Is it Isekai when you're just transported to your own self a few hundred years earlier?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
DMCV starts with an over the top cheesy badass demon slaying montage.

message pops up: 'this game does not endorse smoking or encourage the use of cigarettes.'

I like the cut of this game's jib

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
DMCV was SO GOOD. Can't think of a game in a long time where I immediately wanted to jump back into it after I beat it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I really like what DMCV is good at but the things it is not good at are rather glaring by comparison. The levels for example are generally just arena's with the paths connecting them and most are pretty lackluster looking overall.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely lacking in the variety department but visuals are never something I'd knock the game for

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely lacking in the variety department but visuals are never something I'd knock the game for

The levels are made of good quality assets, its just that the art design doesn't always match and the actual level design leaves a lot to be desired. I also found myself getting turned around a lot and not realizing it until I wasted a minute running in the wrong direction. The elements that are lacking often become more obvious when you see them taking the time to animated distinct and unique mini movies for every time Nico drives the van to you.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the dream scenario for me of course is to replace Hunter x Hunter and shippuden with an hour of one piece

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
what you guys don't wanna see Lucy get tied up in a compromising position a thousand times? or Erza get beat up and lose almost all her clothes before one shotting her opponent? or Natsu eating random thing and winning somehow?

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
sdvK2nv.jpg

Episode 141 "Sword Arms Online"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Raxus discuss cool androids, visual prowess, pussycats, KAYABA, Sachio's rap, unexplained flying, anti-magic, Togashi's health, and urine ninja art.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode141.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:56 News (Crunchyroll and Toonami Partnership)
0:10:10 Dragonball Super
0:15:57 Boruto
0:24:21 My Hero Academia
0:30:14 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:37:26 Megalobox
0:43:38 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:50:19 Black Clover
0:53:51 Hunter x Hunter
1:01:54 Naruto Shippuden
1:05:19 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Quick Podcast Comments:
  • Rising Shield Hero is actually a Crunchyroll production. They helped fund it - the show wouldn't exist without them. I expect them to push it.
  • The Mob Psycho 100 II simludub hasn't even been released right? Megalobox ends in two weeks, I'm not sure I'd expect new Mob so soon.
  • How is "Visual Prowess" supposed to be translated?
  • Roshambo isn't a bad translation of Rock-Paper-Scissors. It's a respected alternate name.
  • LOL at the SAO breakdown :P
  • The rap was good and more music should be dubbed, shut up Grexeno (and others)!
  • FWIW, that not the first time Akamaru has done the pee-jutsu

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i mean the best replacement for Hunter x Hunter would be one piece, but we're not expecting that are we?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it's really saying something when fairy tail is the best show in a list

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, considering my work schedule, it doesn't matter what replaces HxH since I won't be able to watch it. Bummer, first time I won't be able to watch a show that gets announced for the block.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, considering my work schedule, it doesn't matter what replaces HxH since I won't be able to watch it. Bummer, first time I won't be able to watch a show that gets announced for the block.
Unless it's something that they treat almost like a replay ala Outlaw Star or Lupin Part IV it'll move up and they'll push stuff like Jim Jam and Black Clover down first.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's something that they treat almost like a replay ala Outlaw Star or Lupin Part IV it'll move up and they'll push stuff like Jim Jam and Black Clover down first.
Oh god

I already was freaking out when Jojo was moved to 1:30

If it's moved to 2, I can't watch it anymore & that is just going to hurt so much more than most people would understand. Not being able to rewatch my favorite show with a group, especially after all my avatar planning & months of anticipation of specific moments, would be such a damn downer.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno DeMarco seems to like having two long runners anchoring the block at the back

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
what you guys don't wanna see Lucy get tied up in a compromising position a thousand times? or Erza get beat up and lose almost all her clothes before one shotting her opponent? or Natsu eating random thing and winning somehow?
The bullshit gets a lot worse in the final arc

Who will win a meteor summoned by the queen of dragons that can wipe out a village or a crippled red head

A God with unlimited magic and is able to manipulate reality or A red head dummy with motion sickness

The most powerful being in the world and is immune to all forms of magic or the same shonen boy but with magic

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
this is a solid video to watch if you care about the western animation industry at all

talks about what Chris Savino did
he is know for his work on ren and stimpy
creating dexter's lab
heavy involvement with the powerpuff girls
and creating the loud house among other things.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
if you guys keep making these bad posts you will bring these horrifying ideas of a lineup to fruition through sheer force of shitposting

Bring The Slayers to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.