• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe i live in a world where Black Clover is worth it to keep on toonami, but one piece isn't

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Bring RWBY to Toonami so I can actually have an excuse to watch it.
I'm not even sure how they'd edit that to fit on TV. As a web show they've never had to worry about silly things like standardized episode lengths or that kind of thing. You'll have a full half-hour chapter one week and 12 minutes the next.

Also the beginning of that show doesn't hold up at all. The budget was so tiny, the whole first volume doesn't even have fully modeled/textured background characters, they're literally just shadow people. Like anyone who doesn't have a speaking line is just a walking shadow.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RWBY is good if can handle how awful it is randomly. From the few episodes ive seen, they do battle animations well for CGI. But man, every other time besides fight scenes was the most cringe thing ive seen

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so how good is RWBY anyway
taking into account it's source, what it is, how it came to be ect. It's fairly decent.
comparing it to other shows with a real budget... uh... not really. It's enjoyable enough if you can find enjoyment it ps2 (and eventually ps3) level cut scenes, but it's story is mostly a bunch of cobbled together anime tropes, with cg animation that the kindest thing I can say is takes some time to get used to.

Honestly, it does improve quite a bit in a lot of ways. But as the story improves, the one thing it had going for it, interesting fight scenes, drop, mostly because the creator died. Guy was a genius with choreographing fight scenes, just okay at plot.

Like if you have a few days free there are worse things you can do with your time, it has a certain charm to it, but if you want to watch some of their stuff I would recommend just watching Gen:lock instead.

oh RWBY does at least have a pretty solid soundtrack

Bring back G Gundam.

tc3LXlL.gif
look the east is burning red

I'd rather have a not racist Gundam show on Toonami

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is dumb fun that's why most like it more than the other Gundam shows which are often just dumb.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, G Gundam is 1000% not something you could make today the exact same way with all the stereotypes but having rewatched it recently I still think its light-hearted/campy/bombastic enough to not be especially offensive. Though again if they were making G Gundam today there are just some Gundam and character designs they CAN NOT use.

Which Gundam show is the one where the Mexican Gundam has a sombrero?

G Gundam

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, G Gundam is 1000% not something you could make today the exact same way with all the stereotypes but having rewatched it recently I still think its light-hearted/campy/bombastic enough to not be especially offensive. Though again if they were making G Gundam today there are just some Gundam and character designs they CAN NOT use.

G Gundam
Pretty much. The main gundams and cast are fine, but some of the ones outside of that are bad.

Might as well say:
1. This series has shit mech designs, honestly for a series Bandai made pretty much to sell to appeal and sell more merch the designs are utterly baffling and terrible if you are gonna take stuff from history of countries it just shows how lacking in creativity they are. Ohh the Egypt Gundam is just a lame Mummy why not an Osiris or Set Gundam

2. I said this before but the first half is arguable pointless narrative especially Domon character of being tranquil is abandoned and ditched away for more about relying on Rain and not being a jerk to her which is just derivative of other super robot shows since its just a weaker Koji and Sayaka from Mazinger (you know a better super robot show).

3. The Shuffle alliance stuff is still messy in the second half considering they form and build i up in the first half and once the second half starts characters start dismissing it

4. Its nt really a Gundam show, sure Gundam drags its ass sometimes with messages about war and politics but thats what Gundam is and what makes it special. If the first series was just a super robot show like others at Sunrise would have wanted and fitted better into there wheel house Gundam wouldn't be as big, impactful or a memorable as it is today. G Gundam is a super robot show painted as a Gundam series.

5. I know G gundam is a dumb show but its a double edged sword when it comes to stupid shit yes its fun with the stupid shit with on side but on the other character motivations, story, etc make not sense with retcons abound.

6. I know aagin but Gundam itself is a creation/reflection of current events or self reflection on past events such as war. the first Mobile Suit Gundam series born from the feelings shakne from the generation of Japan after World War 2 in a strong anti war while also reflecting Japans loss in the WW2, 00 is more so reflecting about Iraq, etc. G Gundam is a bit nationalistic and lacks the political teeth that even the bad Gundam series or ones I have problems with have more value then G.

7. I'm sorry this show is racist, the show is filled with Essentialism, breaking down entire ethnic groups into base traits while de-historzing non western countries as never changing ignoring social & cutural change. This is culvert racism and factos into lassa fair racism:
http%3A%2F%2Fi.kinja-img.com%2Fgawker-media%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fs--jlD0oWbd--%2Fc_fit%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_80%2Cw_320%2F18db8lwwce0ukpng.png

This gundam, the Kenya gundam represents all of Africa except for Egypt. Besides for the Zebra print shit its has a Zulu Spear and Shield, if I remember right Zulu lived in South Afirca you now like 5000+ kilometers away from Kenya, as I said 3000 years of history in Egypt and what only mummies?

Lets not even get into the Mexican Gundams but I will just leave this as a reminder:
http%3A%2F%2Fpm1.narvii.com%2F6350%2F5e5f7a3e833e871f8fd6e30138151c0a2d556124_hq.jpg

Now if you enjoy the show it doesn't make you a racist but this show defiantly plays into racism and it shouldn't be dismissed considering Japans history of portraying other nations and cultures

8. Again these mech designs are shit:
http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Dk16938FLd0%2FU4vAlXC-9mI%2FAAAAAAADGyI%2FfqHJ0Jc8bmA%2Fs1600%2F2.png
http%3A%2F%2Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fgundam%2Fimages%2F0%2F05%2FGF13-066NO_Nether_Gundam_Rear.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20120818153016

Greece Gundam is just Zues, Spartan Athenians would have served the country better if you gonna go for low hanging fruit.

9. Its not even that good of a Super Robot Show, previous works by the creator Yasuhiro Imagawa are better: Gaint Robo, getter Robo A, Tetsuno, Mazinger Z Impact

If you ask me G Gundam would have better served being its own IP inside of being a Gundam series considering how different it is.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
No Gun Life is getting an anime from Madhouse aka the series where the main characters head is a literal gun.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
how long has Zonic been waiting to post that manga page?

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is literally a WWE mecha, racism included. It's also hysterical due to how wrong they are with some of their mechs. Why is the Swedish Gundam a Japanese Sailor girl lol

Also, while some of the designs are gimmicky and dumb, the main gundams of the show look great. Master Asias's gundam design is amazing, Shining and God Gundam are both really cool, and all of the main "side characters" gundams are generally really cool, each fighting with a variety of creatuive weapons.

It isn't some grand beacon of quality , like it's not Ping Pong, but for a series that's as up its ass as much as it is, it's really nice for there to be a single dumb one that isnt Chibi style.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're talkin' G-Gundam. I wish to watch it to finally have context for this scene.

15526765073157342.gif

...also I can't unhear the Thomas the Tank Engine theme while watching this gif.

Though yeaaaaaaaah, I do wonder if the racist Gundam designs will prevent it from reairing.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Today or tmr should be the change to Opening 3 for Diamond is Unbreakable. Lets see how badly they can butcher Great Days in 30 secs.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're talkin' G-Gundam. I wish to watch it to finally have context for this scene.

15526765073157342.gif

...also I can't unhear the Thomas the Tank Engine theme while watching this gif.

Though yeaaaaaaaah, I do wonder if the racist Gundam designs will prevent it from reairing.

These trains are being controlled by THE DANK GUNDAM

it might get "reaired" but I don't think Demarco would prioritize over some other series that never got over. G Gundam is also definitely geared towards young teens more then older teens.

Television allows Fox News to air, I doubt theyd care for WWE racism

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Do I even want to watch the new episodes of Arrested Development?

There's something depressing to me about shows getting a deserved second chance, and whiffing it.

Maybe it should have just stayed dead

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather have a not racist Gundam show on Toonami
Might as well say:
1. This series has shit mech designs, honestly for a series Bandai made pretty much to sell to appeal and sell more merch the designs are utterly baffling and terrible if you are gonna take stuff from history of countries it just shows how lacking in creativity they are. Ohh the Egypt Gundam is just a lame Mummy why not an Osiris or Set Gundam

2. I said this before but the first half is arguable pointless narrative especially Domon character of being tranquil is abandoned and ditched away for more about relying on Rain and not being a jerk to her which is just derivative of other super robot shows since its just a weaker Koji and Sayaka from Mazinger (you know a better super robot show).

3. The Shuffle alliance stuff is still messy in the second half considering they form and build i up in the first half and once the second half starts characters start dismissing it

4. Its nt really a Gundam show, sure Gundam drags its ass sometimes with messages about war and politics but thats what Gundam is and what makes it special. If the first series was just a super robot show like others at Sunrise would have wanted and fitted better into there wheel house Gundam wouldn't be as big, impactful or a memorable as it is today. G Gundam is a super robot show painted as a Gundam series.

5. I know G gundam is a dumb show but its a double edged sword when it comes to stupid shit yes its fun with the stupid shit with on side but on the other character motivations, story, etc make not sense with retcons abound.

6. I know aagin but Gundam itself is a creation/reflection of current events or self reflection on past events such as war. the first Mobile Suit Gundam series born from the feelings shakne from the generation of Japan after World War 2 in a strong anti war while also reflecting Japans loss in the WW2, 00 is more so reflecting about Iraq, etc. G Gundam is a bit nationalistic and lacks the political teeth that even the bad Gundam series or ones I have problems with have more value then G.

7. I'm sorry this show is racist, the show is filled with Essentialism, breaking down entire ethnic groups into base traits while de-historzing non western countries as never changing ignoring social & cutural change. This is culvert racism and factos into lassa fair racism:
http%3A%2F%2Fi.kinja-img.com%2Fgawker-media%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fs--jlD0oWbd--%2Fc_fit%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_80%2Cw_320%2F18db8lwwce0ukpng.png

This gundam, the Kenya gundam represents all of Africa except for Egypt. Besides for the Zebra print shit its has a Zulu Spear and Shield, if I remember right Zulu lived in South Afirca you now like 5000+ kilometers away from Kenya, as I said 3000 years of history in Egypt and what only mummies?

Lets not even get into the Mexican Gundams but I will just leave this as a reminder:
http%3A%2F%2Fpm1.narvii.com%2F6350%2F5e5f7a3e833e871f8fd6e30138151c0a2d556124_hq.jpg

Now if you enjoy the show it doesn't make you a racist but this show defiantly plays into racism and it shouldn't be dismissed considering Japans history of portraying other nations and cultures

8. Again these mech designs are shit:
http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Dk16938FLd0%2FU4vAlXC-9mI%2FAAAAAAADGyI%2FfqHJ0Jc8bmA%2Fs1600%2F2.png
http%3A%2F%2Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fgundam%2Fimages%2F0%2F05%2FGF13-066NO_Nether_Gundam_Rear.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20120818153016

Greece Gundam is just Zues, Spartan Athenians would have served the country better if you gonna go for low hanging fruit.

9. Its not even that good of a Super Robot Show, previous works by the creator Yasuhiro Imagawa are better: Gaint Robo, getter Robo A, Tetsuno, Mazinger Z Impact

If you ask me G Gundam would have better served being its own IP inside of being a Gundam series considering how different it is.
Well while we're at it would you also say Dragon Ball doesn't deserve to be on Toonami?

mmFUYBX.png

Or One Piece?

1527652322617.png

Or is this more about you not being a fan of G Gundam?

Oh great whataboutsim

I mean you blatantly have to ignore the context world and designs in G Gundam to not see it reeks of Essentialism.

And what are those examples, Dragon Ball problematic with its depictions of black characters which is one reason why I'm not the biggest fan but its not bathed in it like G.

JadedWriter brought up Jynx but even PC company changed Jynx and have changed Jynx for the better but there a reason hy that episode is banned over here its still bad

One Piece itself doesn't have any racist characterizes the closet is the Buggy minon that was changed none other are sprining to mind (still not good), even then as I said its not bathed in Essentialism though I will always critique Oda for his answer with Usopp nationality and call him out for

And shit unlike DB and G it actually has arcs addressing racism and confronting it

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh great whataboutsim

I mean you blatantly have to ignore the context world and designs in G Gundam to not see it reeks of Essentialism.

And what are those examples, Dragon Ball problematic with its depictions of black characters which is one reason why I'm not the biggest fan but its not bathed in it like G.

JadedWriter brought up Jynx but even PC company changed Jynx and have changed Jynx for the better but there a reason hy that episode is banned over here its still bad

One Piece itself doesn't have any racist characterizes the closet is the Buggy minon that was changed none other are sprining to mind (still not good), even then as I said its not bathed in Essentialism though I will always critique Oda for his answer with Usopp nationality and call him out for

And shit unlike DB and G it actually has arcs addressing racism and confronting it
It's not "whataboutism". You opened up this was about racism but it wasn't even your number one point in your large post. You proceeded to create a large post talking about all of the things you don't like about G Gundam right after.

To me that doesn't seem like someone that is focused on racism but more so using that as a way to let out grievances. If you don't like G Gundam that's fine, but I don't like how you went about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.