• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
D0nZEt7WkAAWLlV.jpg:large

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
If you feel like a screw up, just remember you never held a AMA on 8chan.

Of course the people who did that are still employed I think.

Meanwhile if you show up late once or twice at a job at Arby's, or your boss is just in a bad mood, you can be canned on the spot.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also think Shield Hero has a huge shot to get onto Toonami, for better or worse (mostly worse). Apparently, Crunchyroll co-produced the show, so it's getting pushed like crazy by them. If we were to get another show from them after Mob Psycho 2, Shield Hero would probably be it.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently that new "Arc System Works" kill la kill game is getting a dub in addition to JP voices.

Cool if they can get the anime dub cast back, but also I put Arc Sys in quotes because it's actually developed by the guys that did that terrible LWA game

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho is the only crunchyroll show we've gotten so far so isn't it more of an exception rather than a rule?

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently that new "Arc System Works" kill la kill game is getting a dub in addition to JP voices.

Cool if they can get the anime dub cast back, but also I put Arc Sys in quotes because it's actually developed by the guys that did that terrible LWA game
I'm glad Arc Systems isn't wasting their talent on Kill La Kill property and is handling Granblue Fantasy Versus instead.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho is the only crunchyroll show we've gotten so far so isn't it more of an exception rather than a rule?
Well yes, but given Toonami and CrunchyRoll are now owned by the same company you'd figure there will be more aquisitions from them in the future. Not to mention that Blade Runner show is a co-production of AS with Crunchy.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, the JP broadcast of SAO III will take a break starting April, so that would be 2 cours done, I think?

Oct 25, 2017
SUp8NIw.jpg

Episode 139 "Same Face Syndrome"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-dubs, ckohler, and Imperial Bishop discuss Krillin's good job, Sasuke's cigarettes, shipping, Goblin Slayer, fancy footwork, Face Off, Zach Bell, and if Gon is a villain.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode139.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:46 News (Pokemon direct predictions)
0:04:31 Dragonball Super
0:09:37 Boruto
0:18:33 My Hero Academia
0:32:57 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:43:07 Megalobox
0:50:57 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:58:02 Black Clover
1:05:33 Hunter x Hunter
1:25:56 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

-PKMN - Many of the things brought up here were far more interesting than what we got. It's always strange hearing people say "they dont need to try we're going to buy it anyway" and then carrying it over to the COD games and seeing how theyre so varied in fun and interest. I wonder when PKMN will finally you know innovate and push further than what people expect, unless they need to clear house and use a different staff.

-Boruto - Sasuke still took a picture with Suigetsu and co, odd that Sakura couldnt, Only further proof that SasuSaku is noncanon.

-HeroAca - There are rules that you cant use your quirk in public unless you have a hero license. Stop making fun of Sero!!!
Ewwww people really want DekuOcha canon and anime moments? Gross. Keep that out of heroaca please.

-SAO:Alicilization - Eugeo took three months to take the sword from the cave when he was Younger, not at his current age when he was stronger.

-BLack Clover: This was always one of the flaws of the fast pacing of the newer jump series, as the healing comes so fast in chapter/and episode count. I would have liked a bit more time and drama (like Yuno never saw Asta post finding out that his arms couldn't be healed). There was so much potential their with AstaYuno content and the arm. And the arms couldda stayed off for at least one more arc.

-HxH - Killua is the best character and the only HxH that matters. he deserves all the awards, kudos, accolades, praise and encomium. How anyone can say Gon is good is beyond me when someone like Killua exist. There's a reason Killua ranks so high on the greatest character of all times list.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Who does DTL ship Deku with again? Todoroki? I honestly think that would fizzle out pretty quickly if they did go out realistically. It feels like Deku and Todoroki would have a hard time finding things to talk about casually.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Who does DTL ship Deku with again? Todoroki? I honestly think that would fizzle out pretty quickly if they did go out realistically. It feels like Deku and Todoroki would have a hard time finding things to talk about casually.
yes, but see

you're trying to bring reality & a healthy relationship into the world of shipping

logic doesn't apply in make believe

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
With regards to the most recent Toonami Podcast (tagging CKOHLER, B-Dubs, Grexeno):

-No need to insult American writers and animators by suggesting Black Clover is something they would make. Japan can make dumb, generic shit all on their own!
-Part IV takes place 11 years after Part III

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Toonami, Kale and Caulifla run wild on the tournament fighters, Sasuke is surprised to find his attacker also possesses the Sharingan while Sarada and Chocho set off on their adventure to find their true parents, the kids reminisce about everything that's gone down in their first semester at U.A. as season 3 of My Hero Academia begins, Kirito stands alone against a horde of goblins and tries to find a way to get Eugeo out of his calling, Nanbu reveals the true terms he had agreed to in order to set Joe on the path to Megalonia in the first place, Josuke and his friends search Yoshikage Kira's home but find it hasn't been completely abandoned, Youpi and Pouf continue to try to keep Meruem from remembering his friendship with Komugi, Team Asuma meet a face from their past who tells them a story about their fathers, and Attack on Titan starts over as a century of peace is shattered when Titans manage to breach Wall Maria and attack the village of Shiganshina.

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 100 - Runaway Rampage! The Berserker Awakens and Goes Wild!
11:30 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 20 - The Boy With The Sharingan

12:00 - My Hero Academia - 39 - Game Start
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 4 - Departure
1:00 - Megalo Box - 10 - The Die Is Cast
1:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 25 - Heart Father
2:00 - Black Clover - 59 - Flames of Hatred
2:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 132 - Flash × And × Trigger
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 239 - The Legendary Ino-Shika-Cho

3:30 - Attack on Titan - 1 - To You, After 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Super Kale gets mad jelly that her bae found a new friend to play with

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I hope one part of tonight's Jojo becomes a bump.
"Answer the phone!"
(phone flies into Josuke's face)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
for any recap episodes, the podcast should have a clip show about when they talked about said scenes included in the clip show

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember if the MHA recap episode shows the new OP or not. That would be the only reason to watch it.

Oct 25, 2017
Free! still needs to come too Toonami. It'd make for an awesome spring/summer show. With MegaloBox showing interest in sports, it is clear that it needs to be considered next.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Judging by Erica Mendez's response on Twitter, she's likely back as Ryuko.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, that reminds me:

If you listen to some of the other music associated with Kira, you can hear that they used the medley from his theme in other songs like in the song used for Sheer Heart Attack (1:22 specifically) & I want to say two more tracks.

It took me a while to notice this, but it's really cool they managed to use that same little tune in multiple ways. I'm sure there's a name for it & I'm just forgetting.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, that reminds me:

If you listen to some of the other music associated with Kira, you can hear that they used the medley from his theme in other songs like in the song used for Sheer Heart Attack (1:22 specifically) & I want to say two more tracks.

It took me a while to notice this, but it's really cool they managed to use that same little tune in multiple ways. I'm sure there's a name for it & I'm just forgetting.

The word you're looking for is leitmotif.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so

if those two shows were back to back

would that mean we'd have toonami shield & toonami sword

the sword & shield hour

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be disappointed if super spoilers
hooray for being born a saiyan isn't a bump

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What shows are getting the axe on daylight savings

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
What shows are getting the axe on daylight savings
If I recall, don't they just continue as normal?

But if they do cut some shows, it'd be Black Clover & Hunter x Hunter.

Edit: CRAP, I forgot daylight savings is next week. That might mean I might have to leave early & miss out on Jojo since I could lose an hour to get my job done before the church group arrives....

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Ya ever stop and wonder if we could harness the energy that DTL has? The energy that allows him to live in his own little world.

What if we could replace fossil fuels with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.