• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Our own Toonami Escape Weekly Podcast, Hosted by thread regulars Grexeno, B-Dubs, and CKohler. Click the button above for the RSS link.

New webcast every Friday at ~8:00pm

Other useful links:

Toonami.com
Toonami Facebook
Toonami Simulcast

CFuJ1vO.png

FeW7cha.png

b8KZ6Pg.png

q8ll9GI.png

k3f4PNJ.png

yZFmgz4.png

K1KPxCc.png

CFuJ1vO.png

Show end dates. Through currently announced episodes. Does not account for unannounced marathons, etc.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: June 8
Hunter x Hunter: June 22
The Promised Neverland: June 29
Sword Art Online: Alicization: July 13
My Hero Academia: August 17
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9|
|Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14||May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14||Dec14|
|Jan15||Feb15||Mar15||Apr15||May15||Jun15||Jul15||Aug15||Sep15||Oct15||NovDec15|
|Jan16||Feb16||Mar16||Apr16||May16||JunJul16||AugSep16||OctNovDec16|
|JanFeb17||MarApr17||MayJun17||JulAug17||SepOct17||NovDec17|
|JanFeb18||MarApr18||MayJun18||JulAug18||SepOct18||NovDec18|
|JanFeb19|

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
New thread is already better than the old one

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That Shippuden banner never gets old lol

How long until Black Clover finds itself with the same fate?

Oct 25, 2017
Warning you guys now. When Jojo Part 5 gets announced for Toonami have a long chat with yourselves and prepare yourselves for MAXIMUM fuckery.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Araki
clearly didn't think ahead with Fugo's stand, so he just wrote him out of the story.

He wrote him out of the story in a way that makes Fugo come across as a total wimp too!

"Fugo do you want to come with the plot and be a hero?"

"Hell no!"

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Where is this gif from?
Last 20ish seconds from the ED of Kakegurui XX (aka S2). For some reason, the only version of the ED in good quality is a looped 30 minute version, but it's only 1:28 long. Specifically, it's 1 minute in.

Not gonna lie, I freakin' love the ED songs for Kakegurui, some of the few songs on my phone that come from anime, let alone the ED.

Oct 25, 2017
Last 20ish seconds from the ED of Kakegurui XX (aka S2). For some reason, the only version of the ED in good quality is a looped 30 minute version, but it's only 1:28 long. Specifically, it's 1 minute in.

Not gonna lie, I freakin' love the ED songs for Kakegurui, some of the few songs on my phone that come from anime, let alone the ED.

I'll catch Kakegurui XX when they dub all of it and I can marathon it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I should rewatch the first season just to see how Netflix handled the dub. I haven't experienced first hand how well Netflix does their dubs aside from some weird translation stuff involving High Score Girl, i.e. they mention the Japanese names of SF characters, but then proceed to use the American names of consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
I should rewatch the first season just to see how Netflix handled the dub. I haven't experienced first hand how well Netflix does their dubs aside from some weird translation stuff involving High Score Girl, i.e. they mention the Japanese names of SF characters, but then proceed to use the American names of consoles.
I actually thought the dub was good. I started with the sub then saw how much I'd have to read regarding various gambling game mechanics I switched to the dub.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Ah yes that makes sense. The first season had a similar ending so I should have guessed/figured

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched like 60 episodes of the DP anime in the past two days...and lost a lot of sleep doing it...

Ehh, it won't kill me.

...Just remembered how Wallace looks like a Jojo character in the remakes.

230px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wallace.png

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought the dub was good. I started with the sub then saw how much I'd have to read regarding various gambling game mechanics I switched to the dub.
I usually never hear anything bad about the dubs that Netflix puts out, it's just the speed to which it takes them to release said dub is the main thing that people dislike.

Though I imagine Netflix just commissions other companies like Bang Zoom to handle them.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's episode of super is a fun one.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Gundam ZZ for the first time and this show is fucking nuts coming off of Zeta. Judau is kind of great.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
as someone who doesn't buy DVDs i'm disappointed in the announcement, but hey that's great for people who want the original Z on blu ray

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball needs that treatment more than Z does, but hopefully that's in the works as well.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Such a big year for Toonami. So many shows ending this year. Who knows what they'll fill it with?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
let's be real Kaguya sama would be the funniest show we've had since Space Dandy

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I've been watching GGO along with my Toonami DVR watch and doing my own power hour because the coward DeMarco won't give the people what they want, but I do wish it would come, as it's pretty good so far.

Other than that I want Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero because the only thing I know about either is how much the thread dislikes them, so the reactions would be great entertainment.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching GGO along with my Toonami DVR watch and doing my own power hour because the coward DeMarco won't give the people what they want, but I do wish it would come, as it's pretty good so far.

Other than that I want Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero because the only thing I know about either is how much the thread dislikes them, so the reactions would be great entertainment.
Goblin slayer is one thing, but I straight up refuse to watch shield hero, even one episode

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard Goblin Slayer ends up more or less alright after that first episode, but Shield Hero sounds like some shit

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so you're acting like a hero by shielding everyone from the show

.....who's the REAL shield hero

......who's the reeeaallll shield hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.