• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One weird thing I wonder how the dub is going to handle is how Killua calls
Nanika. Calling her Something would be kinda weird for someone who he loves, and Nanika fits with the Zoldyck sibling naming conventions. The meaning kinda doesn't translate but it's a very japanese thing lol

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If it was me i would totally just get her to nix her own powers

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
when I was paying attention it seemed like the HxH dub was consistent in having Killua refer to Alluka as 'she' or 'her' while everyone else only used her name or 'young master' (or occasionally 'it'), but maybe I'll rewatch just to scrunitinize.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
when I was paying attention it seemed like the HxH dub was consistent in having Killua refer to Alluka as 'she' or 'her' while everyone else only used her name (or occasionally 'it'), but maybe I'll rewatch just to scrunitinize.
in the flashback, both Silva and the mom used 'she', but maybe you could say this was before they dehumanize her because of her powers. Silva definitely uses 'he' in the talk with Killua, and Illumi did as well in the previous episode.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 107 - Revenge "F!" The Cunningly Set Trap!
11:30 - My Hero Academia - 46 - From Iida to Midoriya
12:00 - The Promised Neverland - 2 - 131045
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 12 - The Sage of the Library
1:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 32 - July 15th (Thurs), Part 2
1:30 - Black Clover - 66 - The Secret Eye of the Midnight Sun
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 27 - A Shinobi Bout of Friendship
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 246 - The Orange Spark
3:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 139 - Alluka × and × Something

3:30 - Attack on Titan - 8 - I Can Hear His Heartbeat: The Struggle for Trost, Part 4

Later.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder what will happen when the simuldub of AoT comes back. A block expansion back to 10:30? An entire block of first run episodes including one at 3:30?

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
May have a slight thing to say for the next JoJo episode's airing. Most of the stuff happening within the next seven episodes is like the JoJo equivalent to HxH's Gyro stuff I like reminding peeps about

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
I'd been meaning to mention but we hadn't seen much of Kira recently using his stand, DC Douglas is doing a really good job making "Deadly Queen" sound as sinister as "Killer Queen" did in the sub

Also I just re-watched the next 5 episodes of Part 4 and I need to stop doing that cause I keep getting hyped up and it's gonna kill me

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I already read up on what the deal with Alluka was, but goddamn.

EDIT: And I just noticed that she was playing with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask dolls on the rewatch, haha.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
MHA is probably the second most popular show on the block, Titan could maybe be argued, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they reran MHA after season 4 was done

Oct 25, 2017
what's wrong with Asuna?
She's boring and dull, like Mikasa.

Asuna is also written pretty weirdly, sometimes she is made strong then other times she is powered down and incredibly weak (like getting captured in Fairy Dance made no sense), its like one doesnt know what to make of her, if she were more consistent. Shes also really creepy, the heart monitor should have sent major red flags. She's also too emotional, and makes irrational decisions without caring about her own wants and needs in life apart from mindlessly following Kirito. If only she had more independence. And she's a liability, putting Kirito in jeopardy way too much.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully people came away liking Kirishima more than they ever had as well as Todoroki Shoto. Really the two most vastly underrated and underappreciated HeroAca characters along with Kaminari.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
D4-ILU45-WAAAQQg4.jpg

Put Carl Weathers in Star Wars, with some leather, add some bounty hunters?

Baby you got a series going!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about that time Sindel basically solo'd almost every hero in MK9.

If only Raiden, always wise and certainly not a huge idiot, was there to lead them...

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Mortal Kombat is one of only a handful of mega franchises to actually steer itself out of a huge rut.

Tomb Raider did it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.