• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Also Promised Neverland would have been the best horror thing on the block last night if Hunter x Hunter hadn't gone full SCP Foundation, holy shit.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Alluka's power seems like it would be pretty easy to manage as long as you didn't ask her for anything too significant

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
still gotta kill a handful of people for each wish, and you only really can control who 'initiates' the killing phase.

As long as the wishes aren't too extragavant, the requests will be much easier to do in return, thereby avoiding people having to die to begin with.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
still gotta kill a handful of people for each wish, and you only really can control who 'initiates' the killing phase.

Nobody has to die; she'll only start asking for organs if the previous wish was too big. Just keep everything reasonable and you can keep a Small Requests->Small Wish->Small Requests loop going forever without anyone getting harmed.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
oh i misunderstood the rules a bit. i thought she would always ask an unreasonable request after a wish was granted, and the only thing that changed was the # of people who died during the unreasonable request depending on the wish

this is what i get for only paying half attention

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though if I was one of the Zoldyks I would've just gotten her to permanently disable her powers

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep halfway through HxH last night so I just finished watching the rest of the episode. That's some real nightmare fuel stuff. So if you fail to do what she asks, you and the people you love are literally crushed into nothing.
Seriously though if I was one of the Zoldyks I would've just gotten her to permanently disable her powers
Seems like a genie paradox. If you made the request, would someone have to still fulfill the next four requests now that the power is gone?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Back from town, time to see why this episode of HxH the creepiest thing in the history of the universe according to you guys

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, Killua's dad is back.

so far, the scariest thing about this episode has been more politics

clearly, the thing that you guys were all referring to surely won't pop up as soon as I finish this post, proving me wrong

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, Killua's dad is back.

so far, the scariest thing about this episode has been more politics

clearly, the thing that you guys were all referring to surely won't pop up as soon as I finish this post, proving me wrong
WsDKRvR.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"he wished for a computer"

& all he got was a car. how's that for being born under a bad sign?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
LOL WHAT

I'm more confused than scared right now.

LOL I FORGOT KILLUA'S MOM LOOKS LIKE GEORDI FROM STAR TREK

oh

guess that's what you guys were referring to.

okay

So it's basically a Monkey's Paw &/or that horror movie "Wish Upon"

"give me your spine"

"sure thing, you can have it after I've died"

there, i technically fulfilled their wish, logic wins again, nobody said it had to be given at that exact moment or instantly be fulfilled at that moment in time

also what's to stop someone from having their wish be "can you never activate your power again?"

so if 67 people died from a wish involving a million dollars, does that mean each wish is valued at $14925.37?

now i can't help but wonder what would've happened if they used her to wish for the king to be dead

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"what is your wish"

"my request is that you never kill another person with your powers"

or

"my wish is that you kill yourself so nobody else gets killed"

or

"my wish is that my wish, any future wishes, and your requests, have no more consequences to them whatsoever"

or

"my wish is that you can no longer ask for requests, therefore nulling the conditions to which your powers activate"

or

"my wish is that all requests, from both you & the person asking, only result in positive outcomes and are perfectly reasonable for both parties"

............I'm not a big hit with horror movies.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
In a world where magic is everything, Asta a boy born without any magic is...basically not in this episode besides recaps. It's a recap episode. About the eye of the midnight sun. Who are super boring.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so why don't they study what asta's anti-magic sword is made out of so then they can try replicating it, thus using it as shields or weapons for each kingdom's army

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
still could turn it into a shield

or make an anti-magic wall as a barrier around cities to prevent other nations from attacking

who said they had to use magic to make it, they don't have blacksmithes in their world?

....geez, I've really fallen into "overthinking mode" big time.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The next arc is comedy. I...like Black Clover's comedy. It can be funny. It can also be highly ironically funny when it is not funny.

If the entire manga/anime was a gag comic I'd probably be behind it more even if the anime suffered the same lack of give a fuck.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Today: 32 degrees with snow & wind

Thursday: 68 degrees, possible storm

what the hell, michigan.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the scariest thing about last night's Hunter x Hunter was Sylva's decorating style

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The promised neverland is gonna be a wild ride, can't wait to see it animated
Edit: so wait did they actually get Zim to voice Dr. Rota?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the writer of GoT on so many shows this week, cant wait for it to finally premiere so it can finally be over with.

All I know of GoT is what they showed on 60minutes tonight. definitely confirmed my fears, too mature and too gory for me.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I've fallen off the Game of Thrones wagon so hard I don't think I'll even bother watching this season till after the whole thing is out. Even then I don't think I'll be in much of a rush. Hopefully everyone else that is invested at least gets a satisfying ending.
I would do the same if this wasn't the final season and spoilers are probably going to be unavoidable.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
if Oda took a one year hiatus would he produce the greatest piece of media ever?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so what if my request for alluka was "bring back everyone who has died due to your power?"

or "my request is that you only listen to & fulfill my requests for now on and ask for nothing in return"

what if i'm able to fulfill two of the demands but can't do the 3rd one, do I get two more chances to complete the task to get my wish?

what if their demand was asking for a dollar & i gave them three dollars, does that count as fulfilling the task three times due to giving triple what they asked for?

what if my request was something so minuscule, like "my request is that you continue existing", would that mean the next time they ask for something in return, it would be almost the equivalent of nothing due to the fact my request required no effort whatsoever?

what if i were to request that they give me their power, would they no longer have it due to having to fulfill my request, thus making me the one with the power?

what if it turns out alluka's power ISN'T limitless and they can't fulfill one of my requests? would alluka die a horrible, bloody death?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.