• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It might happen near the end of the year, but considering by the time Part 4 ends, Part 5 in Japan will still have a few more episodes to go & considering how Viz is only now basically finishing up the dub for Part 4, we're most likely not getting it right after Part 4 ends. So my guess is Fall/Winter 2019 or early 2020.
I can wait, it'll be nice to experience Part 5 again dubbed.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Spring/Summer is gonna be a huge shake up for the block:

May 25th: Attack on Titan Season Three Part Two Episode One
June 15th: Jojo Part 4's replacement
June 29th: HxH's replacement
July 6th (assuming it's not a 4th of July marathon): Promised Neverland's replacement
July 20th: SAO's replacement

In the span of 2 months, we're getting FIVE new shows.
the 4 other replacements will be Kaguya love is war
naruto-butter-believe-it.jpg

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should just take a shot for every commercial break during the 1 and a half hour of hell until HxH.

Because that portion might be the biggest challenge in my life.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
is one piece still good? genuine question, like, the current manga stuff

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece is still great. A couple of post timeskip arcs are better digested in chunks i think but none of them have been bad imo. Plus we just got done with a top 5 arc with probably Luffy's best fight in the series and the current arc has tons of promise itself

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
is one piece still good? genuine question, like, the current manga stuff
The manga is good. The last major arc (Whole Cake Island) was unique and interesting and the one before that (Zou) was awesome. The current arc (Wano) is decent but I'm not really into the location personally.

The anime however has gone down in quality a lot. It just looks bad all around. Toei should ditch the current showrunners and lead animators and bring back the style they had back when they were animating pre timeskip.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Following up from the hint they were dropping over the weekend, Funimation will be dubbing Nichijou.
*chucks $50 sub-only blu-ray into trash* GUESS THIS IS WORTHLESS NOW.

Seriously, I love the series, but with my budget, I don't want to buy the show a SECOND time just to hear it dubbed, thus owning two copies of the same show with my sub-only version being basically useless if I get this new release. Unless they put it up on their streaming service, but there's also no legal way to watch the series subbed.

Edit: Funimation actually has the series subbed on their site, the first two episodes free with the rest behind their pay wall. So there is now finally a legal way to stream it.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
*chucks $50 sub-only blu-ray into trash* GUESS THIS IS WORTHLESS NOW.

Seriously, I love the series, but with my budget, I don't want to buy the show a SECOND time just to hear it dubbed, thus owning two copies of the same show with my sub-only version being basically useless if I get this new release. Unless they put it up on their streaming service, but there's also no legal way to watch the series subbed.

Well if you got a sub to their service, they typically upload all the episodes the same day the home video releases so you could always just stream the dubbed version.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well if you got a sub to their service, they typically upload all the episodes the same day the home video releases so you could always just stream the dubbed version.
I just checked, they actually have the sub available for streaming, though everything after episode 2 is behind a pay wall. On the one hand, there's FINALLY a legal way to stream it, which is nice considering how Crunchyroll took the series down a few years ago. But I'm still paying either way when I own the series legit on Blu-ray because it was one of the few times I bought a home release to support it. I mean, I guess sales were good enough to warrant spending the time & money on a dub.

I might actually make a topic about this in Etc.

Also, just as a reminder, the anime first premiered in April 2011. 8 years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
So when does Adult Swim lose Family Guy and all the others fox shows again?

Has there been any announcements for replacements for the shows yet either?

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So when does Adult Swim lose Family Guy and all the others fox shows again?

Has there been any announcements for replacements for the shows yet either?
I wonder how they're going to dub this scene.

Pretty sure Turner stations losing Family Guy is only a rumor now. It could certainly happen but nothing is concrete now.

F/X secured the broadcasting rights from Season 15-onwards I believe I think Time Warner still technically got the rights to Seasons 1-15 for the next couple of years.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The anime however has gone down in quality a lot. It just looks bad all around. Toei should ditch the current showrunners and lead animators and bring back the style they had back when they were animating pre timeskip.

The last arc is probably the best the show has ever looked tho

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I wish toei would reanimate full arcs of one piece instead if doing those 2 hour specials or whatever

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got ala-carte TV again, so I no longer have to go to my school to watch or deal with trying to sync up to Toonami's broadcast.

And all for $15 a month because my friend has more money than I do and was willing to take the brunt of the costs.

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Nichijou is one of those shows is full of stuff that doesn't translate easily. They're gonna have to get inventive dubbing it.

Dragon Ball is also sorta like that. DB has a lot of pun based jokes that just don't translate.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Nichijou is one of those shows is full of stuff that doesn't translate easily. They're gonna have to get inventive dubbing it.

Dragon Ball is also sorta like that. DB has a lot of pun based jokes that just don't translate.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
I only made it through like 3 eps of Nichijou in japanese. I didn't hate it but wasn't gripping either. Much easier for me to burn through shows dubbed.

Oct 25, 2017
Nichijou is the opposite of funny, only Igo Soccer and the sketches with manga had any real comedy and fun, the rest of everything was meh.

Daily Lives of HighSchool Boys is far superior.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing not so great things about the second episode of OPM s2. What the hell is going on over there lol

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
OPM 2 will probably be an 'average' show production wise, which seems pretty bad coming off of the first season of course

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, a messy production schedule is more the rule than the exception in anime, and while it leads to inferior animation it's not nessesarily a sign of full on production collapse.

But time will tell I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.