• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who not only watched CGI Berserk, but also someone who considers CGI Berserk to be high art

There is no way OPM S2 will be as bad. No one will be as audacious as the people who created CGI Berserk

Oct 25, 2017
"You can finally play Capcom's AVP arcade game..."
twb81ram6al11.gif

"At the price of 230 Euros and you have to buy an ugly arcade console in the shape of the Capcpom logo."

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like, at that price, you should expect every Capcom arcade game that ever existed.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The price is the only real issue, but I have to assume this was entirely intended to grift people with cash to spend.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well fuck the creator of lupin the 3rd passed away

Monkey Punch: The creator of Lupin III died of pneumonia, aged 81.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, even as someone who never watched much Lupin or read any, the effect he had on the industry was monumental, and the anime spinoffs were pretty good too.
RIP

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Damn.

He created a cast of characters who have entertained people for 50 years tho.

That's a hell of an accomplishment.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
also bring back one piece and air it 5 nights a week on adult swim until it's all caught up

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so I'm marathoning the ant arc from hunter x hunter now that it's basically done (I think. not 100% sure where toonami is but I think it's around the end)

Gotta say, this is quite a bit more enjoyable as a binge watch then it was week by week.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so I'm marathoning the ant arc from hunter x hunter now that it's basically done (I think. not 100% sure where toonami is but I think it's around the end)

Gotta say, this is quite a bit more enjoyable as a binge watch then it was week by week.
Toonami is a couple episodes past it

Oct 25, 2017
That'd take about two years or so. It'd certainly be something to replace family guy with lol

They went on about how the cost of One Piece was getting high, but it would probably be pennies compared to what Disney will likely demand for Family Guy.

They better start investing in more original animation. Maybe get some of those Love Death and Robots creators in on it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
They went on about how the cost of One Piece was getting high, but it would probably be pennies compared to what Disney will likely demand for Family Guy.

They better start investing in more original animation. Maybe get some of those Love Death and Robots creators in on it.
Yeah, Disney isn't going to make Family Guy any cheaper. That said, it might still be worth the cost for the time of night and how often it plays.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
At least with one piece you'd basically never hear complaints about reruns

Oct 25, 2017
Funi has released 574 episodes dubbed. That's plenty to show.
We know they're working on more, I imagine being TV will speed it up

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Remember, they did buy 70 episodes of Rick and Morty.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Funi has released 574 episodes dubbed. That's plenty to show.
We know they're working on more, I imagine being TV will speed it up
do we know they are working on more?
outside of specials and movies I haven't seen any confirmation that they have the next arc to dub.
in fact we are well past the longest point between them finishing dubbing something and the next arc being announced to dub.

Why cling to One Piece when the crowned King of Shonen is all we need?
Because some of us like seeing characters aside from Goku do something :3

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with never seeing One Piece on the block ever again. As much as I like the series, the anime has way too much padding to sit through on a weekly basis and the art is pretty bad until very recently.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with never seeing One Piece on the block ever again. As much as I like the series, the anime has way too much padding to sit through on a weekly basis and the art is pretty bad until very recently.
If they ever brought one piece back it should be like DBZ back in the day and on the air monday-friday, heck make it a 1 hour block.
even assuming funimation doesn't dub any more episodes it would still be over a year before it would be caught up lol

Goku was dethroned before most people's lifetimes.

Here's a hint of the one true king:
D4R19m1W0AEEQAV

DBZ still makes more money selling ramen than black clover does as a franchise :P (okay that likely isn't actually true, but black clover has nothing on DB or One Piece in terms of money made or market share, you can like it more, that's fine, but it's hardly the king of anything aside from pointless screams by lead voice actors in early episodes :P)

Oct 25, 2017
do we know they are working on more?
outside of specials and movies I haven't seen any confirmation that they have the next arc to dub.
in fact we are well past the longest point between them finishing dubbing something and the next arc being announced to dub.

Because some of us like seeing characters aside from Goku do something :3

Luci Christian mentioned "body swapping" in an interview, so Punk Hazard is coming.
I also asked a Funimation rep about it at a convention, and she said "there's more coming in the Fall"
I wonder how much of it is recasting roles. Sengoku and Blackbeard's voice actors passed away, and Sabo... well he's not coming back to a Funimation production anytime soon.

And I am not fucking surprised that the emperor of shit taste unironically calls Mediocre Clover "the new king of Shonen". Why do we not ban gimmick posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.