• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The bad dub for the song is disappointing...ah well no big deal tbh

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone link me to the threads reactions to "the traitor is you ray"

Welcome back. Here is the moment:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/to...o-tackles-racism.114414/page-25#post-20476865

Think we might need someone to explain what full happened tomorrow. I'm really enjoying this, but at the same time, this is starting to become less of a good group watch because I want to pay attention to all of the plot twists & the dialogue.

Okay, here goes:

Norman successfully exposed Ray as being Mom's spy. However, while Ray says he has been a "sheepdog for the shepard" for a long time, his true goal was to gather information from Mom directly, learn how to break the tracking devices, and plan their escape. While risky, he figured he's too valuable as merchandise to Mom so he made a deal with her that he will be her spy as long as she didn't ship him out early and got him various "rewards"; i.e. various items from the outside world.

Norman deduces that it was Ray who left Little Bunny in the dining hall for him and Emma to find and it was Ray who suggested they go to the gate and ultimately learn the truth. Ray wouldn't do this if he was 100% on Mom's side. In fact, Ray says he was going to reveal everything he knew to them once they got back to the house but since Emma and Norman accidentally left Little Bunny behind, he had to alter his plan and keep them in the dark so as to cover up their mistake since Mom now knew someone had been there.

Norman and Ray then came to an uneasy agreement. Ray will continue to act as Mom's spy while actually working for Norman. However, Ray only agrees under one condition: that Norman lie to Emma about taking the younger kids and that they will actually ditch them at the last minute. Norman reluctantly agrees.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
also 'you have nothing more to offer' damn english Jiren is even more of a savage than JP Jiren lol

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I said it before (I think at least) and I'll say it again - I hate the mentality of "don't translate the songs because I don't want to know how cheesy the lyrics actually are". Japanese viewers get how dumb the lyrics are in the original versions and have no qualms with the songs. The issue is this (or these for a few DBS songs) song, the Ultimate Battle dub, is weak rather than the concept of dubbing these songs at all. Pretty much all the major DBS songs, as well as a lot of other recent animes including the Jojo seasons, have English covers and many of them are downright excellent. Here is an English cover of the current DBS ending which I think is better than the official Funi cover playing on TV:

Dubbing the songs is a good idea and should be encouraged. The dubbed songs just have to be good LOL

Welcome back. Here is the moment:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/to...o-tackles-racism.114414/page-25#post-20476865

Okay, here goes:

Norman successfully exposed Ray as being Mom's spy. However, while Ray says he has been a "sheepdog for the shepard" for a long time, his true goal was to gather information from Mom directly, learn how to break the tracking devices, and plan their escape. While risky, he figured he's too valuable as merchandise to Mom so he made a deal with her that he will be her spy as long as she didn't ship him out early and got him various "rewards"; i.e. various items from the outside world.

Norman deduces that it was Ray who left Little Bunny in the dining hall for him and Emma to find and it was Ray who suggested they go to the gate and ultimately learn the truth. Ray wouldn't do this if he was 100% on Mom's side. In fact, Ray says he was going to reveal everything he knew to them once they got back to the house but since Emma and Norman accidentally left Little Bunny behind, he had to alter his plan and keep them in the dark so as to cover up their mistake since Mom now knew someone had been there.

Norman and Ray then came to an uneasy agreement. Ray will continue to act as Mom's spy while actually working for Norman. However, Ray only agrees under one condition: that Norman lie to Emma about taking the younger kids and that they will actually ditch them at the last minute. Norman reluctantly agrees.

I was a bit confused during Neveland last night so this is helpful. Thank you!

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think i'm taking a break from the super thread for a bit, too much hyperbole going on right now

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, here goes:

Cool, thank you. I think I was able to absorb most of it, but I just wanted to make sure due to how often I was trying to swap between looking at posts & paying attention. Apparently, that part at the end where they're letting the conversation sink in had some inner monologue, but was removed in the anime, which I feel might've been a nice change because letting the expressions do the talking is more interesting than just saying it, especially when this is a mystery.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
They shouldn't be fucking up any of the animation. They made it really bad looking, it hurts the moment.
They probably accidentally used the TV version of the episode. This is temporary. Once it's officially on Blu-ray this shouldn't be a problem. Really no big deal

Dunno if you've seen JoJo on Toonami, but oftentimes you'll also see the screen fizzle up for most of the Stand rush attacks. I'll take this over that, and even then I don't complain about it
Like how they can't refer to Goku by his full name, or that Luffy MUST be voiced by a woman.
Except for the German dub and the one in Singapore

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They probably accidentally used the TV version of the episode. This is temporary. Once it's officially on Blu-ray this shouldn't be a problem. Really no big deal

Dunno if you've seen JoJo on Toonami, but oftentimes you'll also see the screen fizzle up for most of the Stand rush attacks. I'll take this over that, and even then I don't complain about it
The TV version in Japan didn't have these issues

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I said it before (I think at least) and I'll say it again - I hate the mentality of "don't translate the songs because I don't want to know how cheesy the lyrics actually are". Japanese viewers get how dumb the lyrics are in the original versions and have no qualms with the songs. The issue is this (or these for a few DBS songs) song, the Ultimate Battle dub, is weak rather than the concept of dubbing these songs at all. Pretty much all the major DBS songs, as well as a lot of other recent animes including the Jojo seasons, have English covers and many of them are downright excellent. Here is an English cover of the current DBS ending which I think is better than the official Funi cover playing on TV:

Dubbing the songs is a good idea and should be encouraged. The dubbed songs just have to be good LOL

I was a bit confused during Neveland last night so this is helpful. Thank you!

Thanks for saying this Crocodile and to CKOHLER for that whole synopsis. Wish I could be this in-depth in explaining how most of what we've seen so far in DiU have there own subtle bits of payoff if you pay close enough attention
The TV version in Japan didn't have these issues
Was there even no dimming? I know the framerate is usually an Adult Swim streaming issue. That part looks better on an actual TV with something of an actual cable subscription

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for saying this Crocodile and to CKOHLER for that whole synopsis. Wish I could be this in-depth in explaining how most of what we've seen so far in DiU all culminate into this final scuffle against Kira Yoshikage

Was there even no dimming? I know the framerate is usually an Adult Swim streaming issue. That part looks better on an actual TV with something of an actual cable subscription
No, no dimming.
Also every recording I've seen has the frame rate issue and so does the version on the website. It's also very specifically on 2 Goku cuts and nothing else, if it was a streaming issue it wouldn't be contained to something so specific, it would have bled over into Jiren's bit.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's not that versed in Naruto, what about last night's story was retconned?
Its less that he retconned stuff and more that he made every adult in Naruto's life look like an uncaring idiot because he didn't plan shit ahead. Like for example where the fuck was Jiraiya this whole time if he's supposed to be Naruto's godfather? Why did Kakashi ignore Naruto for the first 12 years of his life...these are things that Kishimoto basically glosses over.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"hey man, i have a friend who's black, and i always visit his bar! i might've also lost to some black people i guess, but that's assuming we actually had any in-game"

Kirito really would be the dude to use the whole "I have a black friend" smh

I should probably buy a six pack then.

That's it?

Also the people who don't want the new universe 6 Saiyans in FighterZ are moral cowards.

Complete and total moral cowards.

I'm kinda exhausted over the goalposts moving over the last year or so

Oct 25, 2017
I was just joking. I haven't watched it.

...It could tho.

Also the people who don't want the new universe 6 Saiyans in FighterZ are moral cowards.

Complete and total moral cowards.
A certain female character from Super should of made it in over Videl honestly.

I'd still love to see someone like Future Mai make it in and have her summon her robot from DB in and stuff for a Sentinel like character. If she uses a shotgun it would be an hilarious plus.

This takes me back. The year has gone so fast.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Super we get treated to another round of Jotaro vs DIO

Also Dekumom is best toonami mom

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
0e3979ff2e01c09241f58ca8de8d893243bfe084_hq.gif

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren be all like: "that was interesting and all but you still ain't shit

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
It's funny that everyone (rightfully) gave SAO shit for Kirito holding out his sword and spinning it handles, but then

Thanks did the same shit in endgame and it was even dumber

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
There's tons of memes from the tournament of power in general. Should I post one of the power ranking charts?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a very interesting take on a powerup. Usually Goku gets one and slams the opponent. Even SSJ3 could pretty much melt Fat Buu if he had enough time. Jiren is all like, oh, so you're the second strongest mortal in the multiverse, cool cool and knocks him the fuck away.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Hit is Goku's real best friend though and when you see a friend take an L like that you don't think, you act. When keeping it real goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.