• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Its unfortunate that Hit has to learn the lesson as well

Oct 25, 2017
09b.png

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

It's weird to me that networks are starting to sell things to Netflix, because they can't figure out what to do with them.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
is that the one with the exaggerated breast physics?
That's the seventh movie.

The sixth One Piece movie is the one directed by Mamoru Hosoda (First few Digimon films, episode 21 of Digimon Adventure and episode 199 of One Piece during the G8 filler, "The Girl who Leapt through Time," "Summer Wars," "Wolf Children," "The Boy and the Beast," and so on)

It's weird to me that networks are starting to sell things to Netflix, because they can't figure out what to do with them.

Is that why they've been taking so long to air on Nick? Not too sure since it seemed even Joe Murray himself wasn't sure. And I dunno what Jhonen had to say

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I once had the opportunity to get a copy of the 6th OP film at a Japanese import store that was once down a block from me...I think it went out of business and I only got the seventh film from there back when it was the only one available when the place popped up on our radar

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

damn I love Seitz's delivery here he verbally savages Goku before physically doing so It's an even more brutal dismissal than the japanese version

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
"Nen is a very detailed and convoluted power system that has clear limitations and if your feeble mind can't understand that then Hunter x Hunter is clearly-"
I can turn into a motorcycle!
"....."
And apparently she has
seven forms in total! I think the need for at least one rider is a good limitation (a symbiotic ability).

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone posted this in the Super OT, bad dub of Ultimate Battle aside this is the weirdest... it can't be seizure protection can it? Jiren's shots are all fine, its JUST goku shots.

Well that scene is shaking a lot so I could see it. I've posted that punching part in criticizing the animation of one of those scenes about a year ago to someone and they asked me to remove the preview cause it was hurting their eyes.

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones fans are now experiencing the same pain as manga fans when the anime makes up a shitty ending after running out of material.
Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Gantz, Hellsing, and so many others

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm currently rereading ASoIaF because apparently I'm not depressed enough as it is and I want to reopen the wounds that come with knowing that this series will never get a proper ending. Whatever the hell the show is doing does not count as a proper ending in my book.

The books are really fucking good btw. All 5 of them. If the show is leaving a bad taste in your mouth then maybe give the books a try. They will likely never be finished, but that doesn't change the fact that what we have currently is well worth experiencing. GRRM is a fantastic writer and I am really fond of him, even though I think he gets too distracted by the Jets and Giants during football season.

...I actually kinda enjoy reading his NFL takes on his blog now that I think about it...

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones fans are now experiencing the same pain as manga fans when the anime makes up a shitty ending after running out of material.
Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Gantz, Hellsing, and so many others
Don't forget Claymores hack job of an original ending. I know you said "many others" but that ending is so bad that I just have to include it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the claymore manga's ending is kinda silly...but i like it anyway

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I have to buy that set and finish it out. Pretty much I believe when Miria got killed or implied that she got killed I don't remember anything after this.
yeah there's a twist at the end that involves Clare

Clare turns into Teresa who proceeds to completely annihilate Priscilla

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
note to self: don't go into detective pikachu threads

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I thought the GoT books were kinda loosing steam by 4, and the most recent wasn't very interesting to me at all.

Many of the characters stories I already found boring but by the most recent two, I was tempted to skip entire chapters. It was obvious to me Martin had no clue what to do with characters like Daneris or Arya (which is a shame because Arya was one of my favorite characters).

I'm not sure how Martin will be able to feasibly finish the story at all without killing half the cast and until the next book comes out, the TV shows ending will be *the* ending of the story far as I'm concerned.

That said I haven't seen any of season 8.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've probably only got 40 hours left in EO Nexus. I beat the final dragon last night and am now clearing up the one floor post game boss dungeons before maybe retiring everyone and building them back up.

What a game. First time I've felt like putting in this much work since EO II, a game that's about half as long in total!

Oct 25, 2017
I hope people in here remember to do a rewatch of Attack on Titan before it comes back on. Because if you don't remember much from prior seasons there's some stuff you won't catch.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I thought the GoT books were kinda loosing steam by 4, and the most recent wasn't very interesting to me at all.

Many of the characters stories I already found boring but by the most recent two, I was tempted to skip entire chapters. It was obvious to me Martin had no clue what to do with characters like Daneris or Arya (which is a shame because Arya was one of my favorite characters).

I'm not sure how Martin will be able to feasibly finish the story at all without killing half the cast and until the next book comes out, the TV shows ending will be *the* ending of the story far as I'm concerned.

That said I haven't seen any of season 8.

The issue is more that GRRM wanted to focus on things that are naturally not that exciting or engrossing but are vital for a lot of the characters and themes. This includes focusing on the effects this prolonged war are having on the common folk and how ruling a country you just conquered is a lot harder than the actual fighting part.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm like 5 seasons behind on GoT but I may not even bother catching up at this point. I've already been burned once by Battlestar Galactica, I know how a shitty last season makes the prior seasons feel like you wasted your time bothering with this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.