• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Toonami |MayJun19| Jiren has the sharingan

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. This makes sense. I guess they're going to institute a hard rule now that Toonami is just for anime and everything else goes to Adult Swim.
I'd be fine with that if it meant that Adult Swim widened their repertoire from just 'stoner comedy' and McFarlane shows to actually having some variety on it.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, in the time between when HxH premiered & when it'll finish, I'll have gotten my first real job, moved into my own apartment, & if all goes well this week, possibly get a new job involving data management/integrity.

Kind of nuts to realize how much can change when you're watching a long running show weekly. Though I imagine that's more crazy to realize for those watching Shippuden.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Goodness, I remember when HxH premiered, and I was so skeptical of it living up to the hype people were giving it. Now, it's probably one of the shows that I most look forward to watching of the bunch.

Oct 25, 2017
That episode of MHA.

I didn't feel the same emotional swell like seemingly everyone else. Like, it was awesome as hell but like I was rather surprised we were reaching to this point already and the withering mentor was the focus to that end and ditches the progagonist when it matters the most. Also expected way more out of AFO but in the end his big power was a punching move than like give something like the Infinity Gauntlet it's run for it's money.

It's weird. Felt a lot at the start of the show but haven't really felt it that greatly since. Like what was going on at the start was diluted for me to not feel as much as everyone else did with this fight.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That episode of MHA is basically what if Doomsday went toe to toe with Superman and Supes just hulks out at the end and beats him without dying.

Pascal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Goodness, I remember when HxH premiered, and I was so skeptical of it living up to the hype people were giving it. Now, it's probably one of the shows that I most look forward to watching of the bunch.
It took awhile to get going, but HxH quickly became one of my favorite anime like the moment it hit the Yorknew City arc.
Dammit, I can't even keep count properly anymore. lol

This is how we HxH fans are feeling
That man is my hero.

Pascal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
nope not really, at least not to the point of emotional breakdown
I'm with you. I like to casually watch football and basketball, but I don't really follow any teams. Just don't care enough to get emotionally invested in a team like that. It's just a way of life for some people though, especially down here in the southeast where college football is practically a religion.

Oct 26, 2017
nope not really, at least not to the point of emotional breakdown
A lot of individuals have an emotional breakdown when they've become too invested and lost in their fandom. Whether if it's when their favorite show drops in quality or a fan favorite dies in a manga or when an anticipated video game gets extremely poor scores.
I've seen it first hand.

B-Dubs

Oh well, what the hell?
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of individuals have an emotional breakdown when they've become too invested and lost in their fandom. Whether if it's when their favorite show drops in quality or a fan favorite dies in a manga or when an anticipated video game gets extremely poor scores.
I've seen it first hand.
Hell, there's a prime example of it going on right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, in the time between when HxH premiered & when it'll finish, I'll have gotten my first real job, moved into my own apartment, & if all goes well this week, possibly get a new job involving data management/integrity.

Kind of nuts to realize how much can change when you're watching a long running show weekly. Though I imagine that's more crazy to realize for those watching Shippuden.
I have.... uh... reduced my student debt a little and that is about it >.>

Oct 25, 2017
We're moving on up!

Cant wait for the Shingeki dub.

Alright schedule, would have put HeroAca at the end, slid BLack Clover to around the midnight or spot immediately after DBS slot. And put DBS first. 10:30 is too early for the block start, sorry, but that is my opinion.

2nd or 3rd change post people's major schedule complaints awhile abck? I can not stop laughing at how dramatic and up in arms people got over something that lasted two or three weeks.

Oct 25, 2017
But if Black Clover goes to midnight who will watch the rest of the block when the majority of people fall asleep immediately from how bad a take it is

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched GOT, but I have been looking at the discussion concerning this final season perhaps a bit out a morbid curiosity. (Wonder if Lost was like this? Was only sorta engaged in discussions then...) I've never tried my hand at writing anything really, but I tend to feel sympathy for writers when things go off the rails. (I'm not talking specifically about GOT regarding that last point.) Especially in the modern age, where fans can be...just the worst.