• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Toonami |MayJun19| Jiren has the sharingan

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere a man gets out of bed. Can't sleep. Goes to the bathroom, leans into the mirror, looks deep into his own eyes, points to himself.

"This is the year man...

...That Skate 4 announcement is gonna happen."

Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't watch game of thrones but the criticism I seen when talking about the character on Twitter and on era by non crazy people is that it's not that it happened it how it happened
Well when you don’t have all the detail of finished novels and just a rough outline of “this is where the story was going” a lot of nuance seems to be lost.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch game of thrones but the criticism I seen when talking about the character on Twitter and on era by non crazy people is that it's not that it happened it how it happened
I honestly haven't been reading too much stuff regarding the complaints. I think I'm so uninvested emotionally in this show at this point that I just watched it, went "OK" and like a day later read a few posts on how she's been acting since the beginning and just became fine with it. What are the criticisms regarding how it happened. I don't even read the Era thread anymore. I can only deal with but so much fan whining these days. I have a job that's been keeping me busy and other things.
Well when you don’t have all the detail of finished novels and just a rough outline of “this is where the story was going” a lot of nuance seems to be lost.
The show has been like this for the last three seasons though. I've gotten quite used to the horrible pacing of this show that I can't even complain about it anymore. This is the show. I'm not happy about it yes, but I'm not going to pour too much energy into it nerd raging about it through my keyboard.

Oct 25, 2017
when we getting tony hawk pro skater [insert number here] though
because thps 5 happened *insert video containing glitches here*

Man, I wish that HD version of 1 turned out better. I would've loved ports of 2, 3, & perhaps 4. I should go find those games one of these days. It was one of the few "sports" games that I really enjoyed.

Pascal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This last season of Game of Thrones has been insanely rushed, and even though the big heel turn may have been foreshadowed earlier in the series, it wasn't properly built-up in the episodes leading up to the turn and thus felt like it came out of nowhere. At least, that's the impression I get since I haven't been watching the show.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people truly believe it came out of nowhere and it's an insult to the character though, which is pretty laughable lol. People see what they want to see I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people truly believe it came out of nowhere and it's an insult to the character though, which is pretty laughable lol. People see what they want to see I guess.
Star Trek has been around for decades but people still got angry when most of the cast came out in favor of Hillary in the last election. You have to wonder exactly how much of that show besides people wearing shit on their face and spaceships actually got through their skulls if the cast of such a series being fairly liberal is at all surprising.

Oct 25, 2017
Dont even get me started people rooting for Walt in Breaking Bad. Drove me up the wall.
Walt was pretty much evil from season 2. People just couldn't see it because he was always dealing with a bigger bad guy. This is like claiming Vic Mackey from The Shield was a good guy.

Oct 25, 2017
Dont even get me started people rooting for Walt in Breaking Bad. Drove me up the wall.
I can excuse it for like the 2st seasons but yeah people by the end think Walt was fucking batman and still thought he literally was doing it for his family even it has been bullshit for seasons

Oct 25, 2017
I can excuse it for like the 2st seasons but yeah people by the end think Walt was fucking batman and still thought he literally was doing it for his family even it has been bullshit for seasons
He was treating Skylar like a liability. No wonder why I don't interact with that many show fanbases. Next thing I know people will start telling me how much of a good person McNulty from The Wire was.

Oct 25, 2017

Episode 150 "Kirito Mansplains"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Morlas discuss dubbed anime music, My Villain Academia, a hidden room, crazy lolis, Pepsi, Yami, bad voice direction, Troy Baker, chakra ghosts, and Turbo Teen.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode150.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:29 News (New Lineup, New Gendy show)
0:07:14 Dragonball Super
0:17:53 My Hero Academia
0:30:00 The Promised Neverland
0:34:46 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:39:27 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:45:48 Black Clover
0:49:54 Boruto
0:57:33 Naruto Shippuden
1:08:25 Hunter x Hunter
1:16:54 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Oct 25, 2017
CT
Star Trek has been around for decades but people still got angry when most of the cast came out in favor of Hillary in the last election. You have to wonder exactly how much of that show besides people wearing shit on their face and spaceships actually got through their skulls if the cast of such a series being fairly liberal is at all surprising.
Final fantasy 7 and gundam as well

Oct 25, 2017
The best, most damning description I heard of this season is that watching the show is like reading the wikipedia summary
You have 6 seasons worth of storylines happening in 6 minutes!

Oct 25, 2017
I like how despite you not watching a show, you manage to have a better grasp of the criticisms than many of the fans who are dismissive of them lol