• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda giving HxH the benefit of my doubt about Alluka being a "deus ex machina" to heal Gon, but I dunno, that she can apparently heal anything without repercussion seems a little DEM-y me. There has to be some sort of limit, right?
nope it's pretty much that....the only drawback really is it makes her tired

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda giving HxH the benefit of my doubt about Alluka being a "deus ex machina" to heal Gon, but I dunno, that she can apparently heal anything without repercussion seems a little DEM-y me. There has to be some sort of limit, right?
It makes a bit more sense when you find out what she is. Which I can't say until after the final episode airs.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
She gets tired and has to rest, thats about it along with having to physically touch the person.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There is, but it's more about saving Alluka as a person and it takes a lot out of her when she does wishes that gets expanded on later.

It's also not a complete problem solver and there are still lasting repercussions that the anime sadly won't get into lol

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
There is, but it's more about saving Alluka as a person and it takes a lot out of her when she does wishes that gets expanded on later.

It's also not a complete problem solver and there are still lasting repercussions that the anime sadly won't get into lol
you mean
the fact that Gon still can't use Nen? isn't that a result of his contract and the fact that Nanika wasn't asked to restore his ability to use nen?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
you mean
the fact that Gon still can't use Nen? isn't that a result of his contract and the fact that Nanika wasn't asked to restore his ability to use nen?

yeah but either way
it still means the wish didn't completely heal him

And also getting the MC title removed from your own series is the biggest consequence of all :P

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, he just didn't want his identity and power to get out. A big part of why he keeps winning is people don't have the time to plan for him and have to fight on his terms.
He's a voter right? People been voting him? That enough for people to snoop about him? WHy didn't he act about it sooner? Was he going to but Illumi side tracked him?

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
you mean
We don't actually know why that is. It could be the contract, it could be Nanika's healing. For all we know it could be a time travel thing and not a healing thing.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
He's a voter right? People been voting him? That enough for people to snoop about him? WHy didn't he act about it sooner? Was he going to but Illumi side tracked him?
No, he killed that guy because he threatened to tell the world about his power. Remember that Hisoka is the one that killed the Pure Paladin Squad.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Adult Swim site still regularly post all the new episodes? Gonna need to catch up on everything else before next weekend.

Also I heard the DBS dub fucked up again and said Hit was from the 11th universe lol

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Adult Swim site still regularly post all the new episodes? Gonna need to catch up on everything else before next weekend.

Also I heard the DBS dub fucked up again and said Hit was from the 11th universe lol
They did lmao. I didn't even notice it tbh. My friend who only watches DBS did.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

If it did I don't remember it

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming it was El Grande Padre's line read that messed up hit's universe?

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
This is stupid in retrospect cuz the Titans for shifters are little more than flesh suits. It's not like real Titans where the human component is the brain.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand how they die so easily. Titans are so goddamn slow. Just keep away from them and strike when there's an opening.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

10:30 - My Hero Academia - 51 - Moving into Dorms
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 112 - A Saiyan's Oath! Vegeta's Resolve!

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 50 - The Town Where Everything Began
12:00 - The Promised Neverland - 7 - 011145
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 17 - Truce
1:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 37 - Shining Diamond is Unbreakable, Part 1
1:30 - Black Clover - 71 - The Uncrowned, Undefeated Lioness
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 32 - The Quest for Souvenirs
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 251 - The Man Named Kisame
3:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 144 - Approval × And × Coalition

Later.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right.

Toonami's Momocon panel thing is 7pm EDT on Friday. We know Lupin is repacing Jojo, but Promised Neverland and HxH end only a few weeks afterward, so we should at least get one show announcement.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
We don't actually know why that is. It could be the contract, it could be Nanika's healing. For all we know it could be a time travel thing and not a healing thing.
Ging said it was because Gon was reverted to a normal state before his aura nodes were forcefully awakened. He just needs to go reawaken them again if he wants to, but he's gotta do schoolwork first.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The "wizard king" count? I think Zonic was suppose to keep track but to be honest it has been awhile since they said "wizard king" outside the intro.
He only counted it for the first "season"
Yeah, I just gave up after the 51st episode as...

1.) This was when I started having to work Saturday into Sunday nights & having to watch the show by myself, which was nowhere near as enjoyable as live-reacting to it with you guys.

2.) Jesus christ I don't want to deal with seeing this show alone without you guys, I was getting so damn annoyed, I simply just had no desire to continue watching.

Oct 25, 2017
3 episodes of Jojo left, 5 episodes of Hunter left, 6 episodes of Neverland.
We're going to see some major changes.
We already know Lupin's replacing Jojo.
I predict that HxH will be rerun slot and a new show replacing Neverland.

Black Clover is a great form of ambient, fell asleep not even 5 minutes in.

It really is the new Bleach.
Manga is quick to read, anime is a slog.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
we'll also get some info about this year's TIE as well most likely

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone confused about how Don and Gilda escaped the secret room last night, here are some diagrams from chapters 16 and 17:

8uLymRD.jpg

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
next week on attack on titan time for some childhood trauma folks

Status
Not open for further replies.