• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
vic hasn't even had many roles with funimation shows smh

Yeah seriously. Notice over time that he got less Funimation roles, or for small-time characters like Eld Jinn in Attack on Titan (who gets eaten by Annie in Season 1). It's clear Funimation knew what was going on.
Really his only recent big casting from Funi is Sabo in One Piece, and of course being a creeper has killed that when they get to Dressrosa.
He didn't even get a role in My Hero Academia, Funi's new golden goose.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
didn't you hear, vic invented dragon ball
he's even the main character! that's how detrimental he is to the franchise! clearly the voice of stocking, bulma, ms. splosion man, and anna from shimoneta just wants to steal his roles because of how much they sound alike!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So Carol and Tuesday episode 4 just aired, and it had a very interesting cameo apparently...

D5gva17-W4-AY12un.jpg

I recognize that ass and haircut anywhere!

Oh and QT is there too.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So Carol and Tuesday episode 4 just aired, and it had a very interesting cameo apparently...

D5gva17-W4-AY12un.jpg

I recognize that ass and haircut anywhere!

Oh and QT is there too.

Not the cameo I was expecting since apparently the show takes place in the Cowboy Bebop universe.

Are we getting a Watanabe Shared Universe!?!?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
There's no evidence that all Watanabe shows don't take place in the exact same universe.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Carol & Tuesday for....

*remembers it's Netflix*

...oh.

Not the cameo I was expecting since apparently the show takes place in the Cowboy Bebop universe.

Are we getting a Watanabe Shared Universe!?!?
Oooh? I have no idea what the show is about, but if it's meant to be set in the same universe, maybe I should check it out.

& we got hints of Space Dandy taking place in the Cowboy Bebop universe, what with Woolongs being currency & the fact the fridge from Toys in the Attic was featured.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The only evidence of all of them sharing a universe is that they use the same currency. May be less of a shared universe and more of a European Union universe?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Vic was a big part of early Funimation, but not DBZ ironically. Broly just happened to be the last big thing he was both in and Funimation released, so the idiots talk about it.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
EO Nexus is basically Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the EO series. It's missing maybe half of the classes (and half of those were redundant classes made in EO 3/4 to replace EO 1/2 classes) but it is absolutely filled with content. Stuffed to the brim. I'm 50 hours in and am maybe 40% of the way through the regular game. This was both the right and the wrong game to take a break from Pokémon breeding with as it will probably take multiple breaks to beat, but unlike EO IV this game has straddled the line perfectly between old and new. EO IV also had short mini dungeons and stratums that weren't the full 5 floors but the idea of just taking floors wholesale from various games delights me. This one also returns to the EO 1-2/5 method of storytelling where sometimes they order you back to base to do something but they mainly leave you alone to figure out what the hell is going on in this crazy tree.

I can basically only quibble that I'm still not in love with subclasses, but having a much higher level cap makes the strain of planning out characters much more lenient. 99 instead of 70 before fighting the dragons is a huge difference, you can basically max out a character pre retirement now without dual classing.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
This weekend on Dragon Ball Super: Goku takes his first lesson at Big J's school of hard knocks.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Well that Erika thread certainly is...something

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, I have a question: Steve Blum (Tom VA) is coming to my city's anime con in a few weeks. Are there any lingering questions anyone wants me to ask him? Or should I even mention this group at all (would it seem odd that a canadian is a fan of a us only programming block)?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
didn't we have a recording of Steve Blum saying 'Toonami-gaf' before? we should get him to say 'Toonami-era' some day

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
yep gaming side has been a real mess lately,

on the bright side Carole and Tuesday continues to be a great show

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to me that Epic is spending all this cash to get exclusives when they don't even have a good store up yet. It's like the ultimate version of the cart before the horse.

Oh well, get paid Psyonix.
"They'll improve eventually, just like Steam."

I just suck at arguement. I forgot why I want to fight against Epic, stuck with immidiate deflect than stating the gist of it but after mulling over, I rediscovered my motive. It's due to Epic creating walls and manipulating consumers to their end by creating (pay)walls. After PC gaming survived the dark ages, it has manage to flourish into this open market/spectrum of sorts, with all the flexibility one would expect. Freedom, essentially. What Epic is trying to do is to undo all that. There's no "both sides" here, one knows what PC gaming should be; the other ...my guess is that they're looking out for the next good war (despite one just right around the corner).

How the fuck you not raise an eyebrow or get mad when somebody keeps acting their the family friendly good guy when they their actions makes them look like capitalistic vultures? You would have to be ok or apathetic about it even if you try being a "nice" person.

"Epic Family"

Jesus christ.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda weirded out that the company that made some DOS games I played 25 years ago now has the most popular game, the most widely used game engine, and now causing all this 'discourse' for PC storefronts haha

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
my earliest PC gaming experience was probably....either Warcraft 2 or watching my brother play Myst

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My only PC experience was trying to play PC ports of games like Glover, Rayman, Sonic CD, Sonic 3D Blast, & Sonic R on a Windows 98 to less than desirable results. I can't remember the last time I played/bought a PC game. Maybe when Nvidia gave away Portal & I had to play it with a laptop trackpad, which was also less than desirable

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda weirded out that the company that made some DOS games I played 25 years ago now has the most popular game, the most widely used game engine, and now causing all this 'discourse' for PC storefronts haha
And 10 years ago said PC gaming was dead.

Only to return due to Free To Play being popular.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
And 10 years ago said PC gaming was dead.

Only to return due to Free To Play being popular.
you are a bit off on that time frame.
My steam account is 10 years old, and I definitely joined after PC gaming revived. I think you are looking closer to 12-14 years now since PC gaming started reviving.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The only PC game that I've ever really gotten into is Planescape: Torment. But that's a GOAT-tier game. I actually think I own Starcraft, should probably try it one day...

*goes back to not playing anything*

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
starcraft + brood war is some top tier rts

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The only PC game that I've ever really gotten into is Planescape: Torment. But that's a GOAT-tier game. I actually think I own Starcraft, should probably try it one day...

*goes back to not playing anything*
The first PC only game I got into after joining steam in 2009 was

Still wish someone would make a sequel to it :/
such a great little game.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The first PC only game I got into after joining steam in 2009 was

Still wish someone would make a sequel to it :/
such a great little game.

Watching Joseph Anderson lose his shit while playing through this game on his stream was hilarious. It actually seems legit good tbh.

"HEY! BUY MY FUCKING STATUE!!!"

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Joseph Anderson lose his shit while playing through this game on his stream was hilarious. It actually seems legit good tbh.

"HEY! BUY MY FUCKING STATUE!!!"
There's a demo, and it runs on a potato if you want to try it lol.

it's a nice blend of running a shop and doing a lot of other things to obtain items. None of the systems by themselves are amazing or super deep, but as a whole package it's quite charming and enjoyable. No game has really replicated it's simple charm of running an item shop.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
woah there

that actually looks like the original design done in a way that suits 3D & doesn't go into uncanny valley

WE CAN'T HAVE THAT, THIS IS HOLLYWOOD

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Modern Sonic is the best design for Sonic...there I said it

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god, I just realized why I never liked the eyes.

THEY'RE NOT THAT WEIRD ONE GIANT CONNECTED....thing like the game designs. They're actually separated.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i mean, it's one thing to 'fix' a single frame. It's entirely another for the studio to adjust the design for the entire movie.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, it's one thing to 'fix' a single frame. It's entirely another for the studio to adjust the design for the entire movie.
yeah, but who the fuck okayed that design in the first place? It's like something i would see in the worst corners of deviantart

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much they're going to "fix" it considering they have like 6 months until the movie is out, meaning there's probably little to no time to do a full-on redesign.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

Pretty sure Unity is the most widely used game engine, I certainly play enough of them week in and week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.