• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Shippuden completely style over Boruto is a weird experience. This is one of the last times it'll happen too, especially for the period of an entire arc of Boruto.

This arc has been such a downer. It's literally one of those mid Hueco Mundo season long filler tier style writing about a group of jobbers no one should take seriously. Their ethos is garbage. Their powers suck. Their design is bad bleach filler tier. The seemingly nice guy going along with them for a terrible reason. Fake versions of better characters from OG Naruto.

At least they made non-canon™ OG Naruto canon, which is always nice.

Meanwhile Shippuden keeps the feels alive despite how silly this all turns out. At least Minato got a second career as the Eighth Gym Leader in Sinnoh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 5 seasons behind on GoT but I may not even bother catching up at this point. I've already been burned once by Battlestar Galactica, I know how a shitty last season makes the prior seasons feel like you wasted your time bothering with this show.

I went from being really pushy about trying to get my friend to watch the show to "You know what, take your time buddy" :D

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting here sipping my tea as a book reader. Sure it will probably never be finished but at least I get to not watch and laugh.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
We're moving on up!

60256043_2142557252701777_3114958304535642112_o.jpg

Oct 25, 2017

Kudos to Stephen King being able to predict how Internet fandom criticism would morph 10 years before the Internet became a thing.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god, none of the shows are getting pushed down. No reruns is fine by me, not like I was able to watch them.

In other news, I finally got myself to try out typing up game reviews. Not sure if it'll go anywhere, but might as well give it a shot, especially since I got an offer from an online friend who works for a game review site to look it over.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The issue is more that GRRM wanted to focus on things that are naturally not that exciting or engrossing but are vital for a lot of the characters and themes. This includes focusing on the effects this prolonged war are having on the common folk and how ruling a country you just conquered is a lot harder than the actual fighting part.
Exactly. Books 4 and 5 are mostly buildup to what will occur in Winds. A Feast for Crows is a bleak, grueling march into hell for the most part, but I still found it to be pretty fascinating. And A Dance with Dragons had a truly fantastic Theon arc that remains one of the most harrowing things I have ever read.

When I get to books 4 & 5 on my reread, I'm gonna follow a reading guide that basically combines the two books. It seems like a pretty interesting way to re-experience the story.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. Books 4 and 5 are mostly buildup to what will occur in Winds. A Feast for Crows is a bleak, grueling march into hell for the most part, but I still found it to be pretty fascinating. And A Dance with Dragons had a truly fantastic Theon arc that remains one of the most harrowing things I have ever read.

When I get to books 4 & 5 on my reread, I'm gonna follow a reading guide that basically combines the two books. It seems like a pretty interesting way to re-experience the story.

Don't get me wrong. I understand what George was going for but I do think each of 4 and 5 could have done a bit better by losing a few chapters here or there. That or he should have organized the books themselves better and allowed for a less specific set of views in each and blended them together. It was probably impossible with how huge the scope of the story had become by the end of the third book but I have high hopes for shit finally hitting the fan in Winds of Winter... if it ever releases.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My immediate thought is that they plan to have MHA season 4 dub premiere on Toonami in a similar vein that Attack on Titan dub has worked (where basically the dub episodes ar on Toonami and are added to Funimation at roughly the same time).

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Don't get me wrong. I understand what George was going for but I do think each of 4 and 5 could have done a bit better by losing a few chapters here or there. That or he should have organized the books themselves better and allowed for a less specific set of views in each and blended them together. It was probably impossible with how huge the scope of the story had become by the end of the third book but I have high hopes for shit finally hitting the fan in Winds of Winter... if it ever releases.
I could have done without the pages of nothing but food descriptions in books 4 & 5 to be honest.

But yeah they are weirdly structured and too bloated. The Brienne chapters in Feast were pretty dull to me, even though I like the character and I appreciate what the chapters themselves were going for.

And I actually think that The Winds of Winter has a pretty good chance of coming out. It's A Dream of Spring and potentially anything beyond that that I'm worried about.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Devilman Crybaby for Toonami. Sure they'll have to black the entire screen out for a couple... well many shots but that just lets your imagination run wild!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in A Plague Tale.

Somewhat curious to see how the game is gonna do, since it appears to have almost no marketing sadly.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
GRRM will never write another word of ASOIAF. Within the next year he will outright confirm this with the reason being "the show finished the story."

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly confident Book Six will be out before Shippuden finishes its run on TOONAMI whether by cancellation or by actually showing all 500 episodes.

Book seven? Will be out before the Bleach remake finishes its run.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah toonami is at the halfway point in shippuden now

woohoo

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
But will shippuden end before we get another paper Mario rpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, I'm finally watching HxH & dat finale to the Gotoh vs. Hisoka fight.

.......uh, did the granny butler just transform into a motorcycle?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else feel bad for hitting whacka on the head like 20 times?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme another Paper Mario + Mario & Luigi crossover, but it mimics the Paper Mario combat and your partners are just the different PM and M&L characters, i.e. M&L Mario, M&L Luigi, Paper Luigi, etc.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Moving it up to 10:30 is actually annoying because I know the bus schedules near me and if I'm out that night, its hard to get back by 10:30 (but doable to get back by 11 pm)

Devilman Crybaby for Toonami. Sure they'll have to black the entire screen out for a couple... well many shots but that just lets your imagination run wild!

Netflix owns that show since they paid for it to get made.

Status
Not open for further replies.